Towers' Tank

"No!" Sonic groaned squirming in the bed, "Go away!" he cried thrusting his hands out as if pushing away an invisible force, "Leave me alone!"

"Sonic!?" The robot's voice finally jolted the hedgehog awake panting and still frantic his quills sticking in all directions. "You're okay, you were having a bad dream is all."
"A-A dream?" Sonic panted looking around and relaxing once he began to realize he was safe.
"That's right." the silver bot nodded.
Eggman came in through the door, "Sonic! Ol' boy how're you feeling this morning, did you sleep well?"
"Uh well I had...this dream..." Sonic bowed his head the lingering images flashing through his mind, "but it felt so real."
"What? Why don't you come down for breakfast and tell me all about it!" Eggman smiled a glint gleaming off his shades.

After grooming his quills back Sonic had finally made it to the large table set with a fresh hot breakfast and juice to drink.
"Tell me about this dream Sonic.." Eggman said again waiting for the hedgehog to clear his mouth stuffed with the biscuits and bacon.
"Huh? Oh yeah! Well I started out in a field, it was pretty peaceful until a dark cloud came hovering over me. Then there was a rain of fire and this other guy... I think I've seen him before. He didn't have any feet, and had three eyes. There was another hedgehog  by his side and we got in a fight, but he was strong, I couldn't beat him so i decided to get help and I ran but he was chasing me... then we ended up on some space ship that was about to explode. I was trying to get off before it went up in flames but that other hedgehog was there too. He kept calling my name and cornered me... then I woke up.."

"Perfect!" Eggman cheered, "Er I mean that must have been terrifying!"
"Yeah." Sonic nodded, "Thanks for helping Prez. Is there anything I can do to pay ya back?"
"Oh Sonic it's no problem at all!" Eggman smiled, "Oh you really don't have to but... well there is one tiny thing you could do.. Hehe.."
"Sure, anything to help since you've done so much for me, letting me stay here and all." Sonic's tail wagged happily.
"Wonderful! You're a really big help Sonic. I have these emeralds that I've been meaning to give to a friend only you'll never believe what happened; it was a terrible mistake on my part I-I'm even too embarrassed to let the public know." He his his face behind his hands pretending to be shy on speaking what his evil 'favor' was.
"What happened? You can tell me, I'll help honest and I won't tell anyone else I promise." Sonic eagerly pressed for the information to help out his new 'friend'.
"Well I accidentally mixed up them up with the box to be put in a museum and now they're heavily guarded and if I go to get them, they're going to crowd the media with false accusation of how I'm 'taking away historic icons'! I can't let that happen! You have to help me Sonic please!"
Eggman began to sweat slightly hoping this pieced together lie would work; he knew it left open way too many holes or made no sense at all but if Sonic truly didn't remember anything and was as ditzy as he leads on to believe, then he'd blindly accept all in efforts to 'help a friend'.

"No problem I'll do it!" Sonic agreed.
He bought it! Eggman sighed both relieved and in triumph, "Wonderful! I'll give you everything you need to grab them safely."

--Back in town--

"I've got it." Amy stated staring into the hot coffee in her cup.
"Huh?" Tails looked up from his breakfast of pancakes and sausage before looking at Shadow's plate seeing the single slice of toast and an egg, "that's all you're eating Shadow, lunch won't be for a while and we've got another day of searching ahead of us."
"I said I got it, I know where Sonic is!" Amy said again looking at the both of them, ,they waited for her answer. "He's got to be in the White House."
"The White House?" They both questioned.
"Yeah! He's not anywhere we looked, he's well hidden like government kind of hidden- Shadow you should know right!? Someone on the run like this isn't so well hidden on their own with amnesia he's got to be having some kind of government help!"
"A good theory Amy," Shadow sighed heavy with annoyance, the fact he hadn't slept that night and wasn't feeling hungry and burdened by the plate of toast and an egg in front of him, "but I think you're forgetting that the government wants to track him down and keep him in custody for his own safety. Damn..." he hit his head on the table after shoving the plate to the side, "I should've let Commander Towers take him while I still had him in arms reach."
"Hey" tails put a hand on his back, "It didn't help he came armed with a tank and stuff, he pretty much frightened him away."
"We could have done something, put him back to sleep and hand him over-"
"Hey!!" Amy spoke up, "Stop blaming yourself, it happened the way it did there's nothing we can do but go to that white house and look around!"
"He's not at the White House Amy." Shadow grumbled face down on the table his lack of sleep catching up to him.
"Excuse you? You brought me along so I can track him, did you not?"
Tail's ears jetted back as his eyes tracked the argument back and forth.
"I did but I don't need you making accusations like this. What if he isn't there, we try the museum next?"
"Fine! You keep aimlessly searching but I'm going to check out the White House myself!" She took the last swig from her cup and slammed it down jumping from her seat and walked out.