When Good boys are bad

A light purple colored cell phone rang a sexy jazz tune in the valley of the white bat's chest. Fetching it from its spot she pressed the button and held it to her ear, "Aloha~ and here I thought you didn't care to know how my vacation was going. What can I do for you Shadow?"

"Rouge, I need you to bail me out asap, Commander Towers is in custody and you're my one phone call." Shadow's voice irritably answered back.
"What on Möbius are you guys doing!?"
"We stormed the White House- it was Amy's idea! I have her and Tails with me, if you didn't watch the news already I'll catch ya up when you get here but just hurry up will ya?"
"Great Seven Chaos Emeralds! I'm gone for two weeks and you get everyone arrested! Alright I'm on my way. What was Amy thinking- why did you listen??!"
"Because... Sonic is back." After his last answer he only heard the soft gasp before he was disconnected by a officer leading him off to a special.

"I don't know about you bailing Hedgehog, your history is more than enough reason to have you locked up forever. We'll be watching you black blur. No chaos controlling, rolling, digging, and what ever else you rodents do to cause trouble and get outta places! And if by morning you're still here, well then we'll set up a nice little chopper ride to take you to that island you came from and lock you up so tight.."
Shadow smirked, "Aw, now you're just flirting. I don't get kinky unless you buy me dinner first."
"Get em outta here!" The officer shoved him down the hall to two others escorting him to an isolation cell.

Meanwhile Tails stood in shock and handcuffs thinking what he would do with the rest of his life now that he was being prosecuted and put in jail. Any job or school would see such a hideous doing on his record and no one would want to take him!
"Don't worry Tails." Amy said firmly seeming to be unshaken by all that's happened, "We'll get out of here, and we'll find Sonic. And once we find Sonic everything will be better again. You won't have to worry. In the face of trouble just remember to smile. We'll make it through this."

Just smile!  Tails heard the words in his hedgehog brother's voice giving him a jolt of hope and courage.

"Hey kid." Commander Towers' waved as Tails was escorted past his cell.
"Commander Towers? They really locked you up too huh?"
"Sure did, don't blame em. This is pretty crazy. Don't worry we won't be stayin' here for long!"

"Get in there kid. You're hanging out with the wrong crowd. When you get outta here, I advise ya to get some new friends." The officer dropped him off in a cell with large white polar bear glaring down at him.
"H-hi..?" Tails' ears went down with a nervous smile looking up at the bear.

--

"Sonic? Wake up!" Eggman shook the sleeping hedgehog from the couch.
"Mr. President you're okay!" Sonic cheered.
"Yes of course I am! And not to worry the most of our problems are securely locked away. A bold move like breaking into my house, doesn't get out on bail so easily. Haha!"
"They locked them up, even the kid...?" Sonic thought of the yellow fox he got a glimpse of before he was pulled away, the same one that was in the room with him when he first woke up. Somehow he couldn't bare to think of the kid fox in a institution like prison. His eyes when first met with his was of a small child looking at his long lost brother or a ghost of a deeply missed loved one, remembering correctly he believed there were actual tears in the boy's eyes before running away from him after being told he'd been unknown in his memory.

"Not to worry Sonic my boy. That kid is running with the wrong crowd. He won't serve much time but when he finally gets out he'll be wise to get some new friends."
"A-and that girl? She was calling for me."
"Oh yeah her, of course she was. You think she's cute huh?"
"U-uh I-"
"Don't even think about it! I told you Sonic this group of- er terrorist?- are ruthless! They'll try anything, from a little kid to a pretty girl to steal your heart. They'll try to come at you with every angle."
"Oh. R-right." Sonic's ears flattened. It was beginning to feel like he became everyone's enemy. "And that black hedgehog..."
"Oh he's the dangerous one. No i'm not having him locked in any prison cell. I'm taking extra measures and putting him down."
"What!?" Sonic yelped, "I-I mean... he's really that bad...? You're sure?"
"Look what he did, drove a tank and violated my house to seek you out. You don't think he's so gung ho on tracking you down to have a tea party with ya? Of course not! Now if by chance you meet anyone that I didn't inform you about, you shake em loose and get back here got it?"
"Yeah. I guess so.." Sonic nodded feeling awful a child is in jail and one is being put to death all in the name of pursuing him. But why? What did they want that bad they were willing to die for?

"Alrighty Sonic it's show time! Ready to go get me back my emeralds!?" Eggman reminded him of his task.
"Oh, yeah! I can do that. Guess with those three gone I'll have no troubles now." He smiled through a heavy disgusted feeling.
"That's the spirit! Here's a duffle bag with everything you'll need and the address." Eggman tossed him the bag and the note shoving him out the base's doors, "Run along now! Don't get caught, oh who am I kidding you got this! Thank you again Sonic! You don't know what a lifesaver you are to me! You're doing the right thing." He sniffled in a dramatic facade waving him away before closing the door and erupted in a bout of evil laughter.

--Museum of Mobian history--

Sonic managed to dart past any security guards, and stood in front of the display of the two emeralds. The power of the emeralds sang to him, it made him warm and long to hold them. They made him realize how terribly lost and alone he felt, but reassured him of a feeling he knew was right all along, his heart was always with good intentions. Just as he switched them out for the fake treasure a light fell over him making him freeze in place.

"So the rumors are true. You're back, and stealing chaos emeralds? What are you up to big blue?" A woman asked.
"I-I'm not stealing, just giving back to a friend." Sonic muttered turning around seeing the silhouette of a curvy bat.
"A friend? Three of your friends were just put in jail. What friend would you toss all your others aside for?"
"They aren't my friends. They want to use me- and you, who are you to tell me who my friends are and who they aren't?"
"What?! You really don't remember anything? The ARK self destructing...?"
"N-no! I have no idea, now get outta my way lady I have to go."
"Well now, it seems you've lost your manners too! If I can't jog you memory and you refuse to surrender the emeralds now, then I guess we're enemies now. I need one of those for my friend. See, some clueless jerk got him sent to jail and now he faces a death penalty he needs one so he can get out, so hand em over!"
"H-he's gonna die...?" There, again that nerve was struck hard, unknowing who this girl's friend was he couldn't help but think of the dark hedgehog from before.
"You don't really like the thought of that do ya? A friend dying.. I'm willing to steal, fight, and do all that I can so he doesn't have to... He would do the same for me.. wouldn't you, for a friend you cared for a lot?"

"Promise me to live life to it's fullest." A tragic nostalgia weighed on his mind as he felt the emeralds power shift feeding his fear and confusion.
"I-i'm sorry but I can't let you have them.." he held them tightly as she struck a fighting pose, but he bolted past her tripping the alarm, and alerting the guards in the process.

"Aw crap. I hate when good boys turn bad." Rouge grumbled to herself flying up to the ceiling tile she had traveled through before getting caught. "Looks like it's back to the drawing board. Guess I better pay that jewelry auction a visit. Hold on Shadow.."