Jail Break!

-Television news report-

"The museum was broken into last night by a thief seeming to travel up through the ceiling. They stole the valued chaos emeralds, suspects aren't clear but police are still investigating." The reporter announced on the news of the tv in the president's house. "In other news the culprits of breaking into the president's house will have trial today. --"

"This is perfect!" Eggman snickered turning the tv off and sat back in his chair. The cleaning robots continued in their work sweeping the rubble and fixing objects out of place. "All that is left is to get the other chaos emeralds and destroy anyone who dare try to take my place!" About to erupt into laughter thrilled by his own evil plan there was a knock at the door making him choke back on his satisfaction making the moment a little spoiled and his mood go sour. "What!? What do you want!?"

"Mr. President?" Sonic peeked in his ears down and he frowned bowing his head. "Can I talk to you?"
"Oh! It's you.. ah yes come dear boy take a seat." He motioned to the place in front of his desk.
"Uh if you don't mind, I'd rather stand." Sonic mumbled not moving away from the door.
"Hm? What seems to be the matter Sonic you look troubled." Eggman frowned, had the hedgehog caught on to something and was beginning to doubt his trust?
"Who am I?" He asked, "Why can't I remember anything? Except for..." he trailed off looking down at his shoes, "I lost somebody..."

So, he wasn't completely blank and only seeing their faces was making it hard for suppressed memories to stay locked away. Think Eggman thiiiink- AH HA!
"You know Sonic I've been dabbling into our better health here recently, a little something I haven't introduced to the public just quite yet but I think I have been working in an invention that just might be the thing to help you."
Sonic's ears perked with interest, "Really?! You'll help me get my memory back?!"
"Of course!" Eggman chuckled, "I did say you could trust me didn't I? But I'm afraid it isn't field tested, the funds were cut just before we could start any trials to see its progress."
"O-oh..."
"However I'm confident it does its job, depending on how desperate you are for those memories you could be patient 0. Of course this is completely up to you, but I do want to help you, you've done" he pretended to tear up being touched from his act of kindness retrieving the stolen emeralds, "so much for me!"
"It sounds a bit.. risky." Sonic rubbed the back of his head uncomfortably, "but I guess so was taking those emeralds too."
"Oh I understand Sonic, I am so sorry to have put you through so much and here you are asking for my help and it's only made it worse!" Eggman proceeded to become more dramatic.
"I-it's okay!" Sonic muttered not wanting to cause any grief with the supposed one friend he had at this time. "I guess, uh I guess I'll give it a try."
"Y-you would!?!" Eggman sat up quickly.
"Yeah, the sooner I know the better I can protect myself and anyone close to me. Not to risk another incident like what happened here again."
"Oh! Wonderful!" He lit up standing from his chair and hurried over to him, "right this way Sonic, the key to your past is just a series of simple electro waves to the brain to stimulate the part that contains memory. I'll be right there talking you through the whole thing. It's like a more scientific way of hypnosis."

-meanwhile-

"Hey kiddo." Rouge smiled waving at Tails through the cell.
"Rouge!" Tails looked up from his book, "When did you get here?"
"I don't think that's really important. You're free now." She smiled as an officer held up the keys and opened the door.
"Oh cool!" Tails smiled eagerly and turned back to hit cellmate, "Well I'd be lying if I said I'd see you later. Maybe we'll see each other again out in the world again?"
The polar bear he met at first with a scowl for a permanent expression seemed to have softened up some but never spoke.
"Don't worry big guy." Tails frowned, "you aren't that bad, not really! I know you'll get out! Don't forget me okay!" He hugged around the bear before walking out next to Rouge.