A Truck With Friendly Strangers

The search continued into the afternoon but not a quill of the blue hedgehog was found.
"Amy I think it's time for a five minute break at least?" Tails huffed behind her.
"He's close I know he is! I can feel it! If we stop now he might get further!" Amy insisted blocking the sun with her hand over her eyes.
"Amy we've been looking for hours, you don't even really know where he's at." Shadow grumbled annoyed and hungry.
"I know I can find him!" She snapped turning her head back to the boys, "if he is on this planet I know I'll find him!"
"Okay Amy, but just a quick break?" Tails held up his hands as not to accuse her. She shot Shadow a glare as if daring him to deny her abilities again.
"I'm hungry." His shoulders slumped and looked up at her pleadingly, "at least some fries to take on the go?"
She smiled at the two complaining, "Alright you babies. We'll get something quick to eat and then it's right back to searching. I swear you boys are such children." She snickered leading them into the nearest burger joint. Unfortunately they weren't the only ones tired and hungry from a day of searching, Jet and his team were already at the counter having finished ordering their food.
"We'll look who it is!" Wave watched the three come in the door, "you brought the obsessed girl to track him down?" She laughed, "Aw Shadow the Hedgehog showing how desperate he is so easily?"
"I have it so much better than a girl who tinkers with machines all day taking orders from a brat that's younger than her. You oil those mechanic parts with your desperate juice?" Amy slid in the seat next the the birds smacking the comment at Wave with a sly smirk across her pale muzzle.
Shadow seemed to have ignored them all together as he contemplated the menu choices with Tails.
"Pickles and onions?"
"No onions." Tails shook his head.
"We should get nuggets too.."
However Wave and Amy's insult argument grew louder and sharper finally escalating to where Jet got involved, wrongly taunting Amy but telling Wave to keep it down while Storm followed the argument with his head darting back and forth as they each took turns shouting at each other. When their food arrived it was flung into Amy's face, which then lead to more yelling and food tossing. However Shadow and Tails whom quietly stayed to themselves were handed their tray of food and ducked out of the commotion as the manager and employees went to break up the fight.
"Where do you think we should look next?" Tails asked biting into his sandwich.
"Somewhere on the outskirts of the city, if he's tryin to keep away it'd be best to hide out in a slightly less populated area, but not make it so obvious out in the woods, there's too many things that could give you away, broken twigs, prints in dirt and whatever you find to eat out there. But too crowded in the city you'll have people to recognize you every two steps you take, more so if you're a heroic blue hedgehog that's been all over the news.."
"What are we gonna do about Amy and team Babylon?"
"Amy will track em once she gets closer we just got to point her in the right direction. As for team Babylon, if they find him first we have the means necessary to confiscate him from their possession and arrest them under charges of stealing from the government." Shadow explained before biting into his sandwich as well filling his cheek like a chipmunk.

---
Meanwhile on the outskirts of the city where houses were still miles apart from each other and an abundance of cows grazed the fields two robots bickered about themselves.
"You should have made a turn at Franzia street!" The gold robot scolded the shorter.
"You never said left or right! We should have just stayed on loop 14."
The bots drove in a truck with swat bots and mini mechanic drone buggies following after them all on standby until given the order to search for the blue hedgehog.

"Excuse me!" A voice came from outside their window though they were driving at a fast sixty miles an hour. "I'm a bit lost, do you think you can point me in the direction of the nearest gas station??"
The robots slammed on the brakes screeching to a haunt and the robots following behind all came crashing into each other.
"What's that Sonic!?"

"Whoa sorry I didn't mean to startle ya." Sonic rushed back to the window peaking in, "um it looks like your little convoy is in a wreck behind ya.. Sorry about that."
The robots watched each other for a moment before hatching a plan, if they took him in with out the swat bots the doctor would praise and give them promotions in office!~
"It's alright!" Deco opened the door, "hey hop in neighbor we'll take ya to a station."
"Really?! Thanks a lot!" Sonic smiled jumping in the truck.
"Don't worry about those robots back there, heh they were useless anyway." Boco waved the incident away while turning sharply and passed the wreckage. "What brings you out here friend?"
Sonic rest his hands in his lap sighing, "You probably won't believe me..."
"Aw come on it can't be that bad."
"Well... I'm being hunted by the military." He clenched his fists, "I-I don't know why or what I've done to get their attention like this."
"Really?!" Deco acted shocked.
"No kidding!" Boco played into the act perfectly, "hey you know we can help you hide."
"Yeah, our boss is a master at ducking out of the government's sights and staying hidden."
"Yeah! And he's SUPER nice and loves to help anybody in your situation, no questions asked!"
Sonic looked between the two robots before smiling and relaxed in his seat, "You guys are lifesavers. Out of all the odds I run into you guys and you really can help me. Once this is all over I'm gonna find a way to pay ya back, I promise!"
"Sure no problem! I'll just let him know we're on our way so he can be expecting us." Boco sent out a text message to Eggman.

-at the presidential office-
The small black phone buzzed with a notification during the presentation meeting. Eggman quietly stole a glance at the message reading in all caps lock letters "WE GOT HIM!"
"Hehe splendid." He chuckled out loud.
"Thank you sir!" A nervous representative wiped his brow and bowed quickly.
"Er huh?" He looked up from the phone a little confused as to what he just agreed to.
"To finalize the authorization we'll just need your signature on all of these before we can put it into effect." A stack of papers was plopped in front of him again just as he had thought he was finished with the mountain of paperwork he had that morning. However that was the least priority on his to do list, instead he took out another list labeled 'wicked things to do'
"Ah my wicked list...how I've missed you." He smiled at the long list of paper and desired to number them in which order they would be carried out in, not by him but by the clueless and ever trusting hedgehog being hand delivered to him. "No one will stop me now, when the good guy does all the bad it'll all be on him and I'll claim the title as hero and another year in office! By that time I could claim myself King! And no one can take over until I'm dead and gone!"