Chapter 24 : Remembering so little

Nicole's POV 

Kayla is been really nice to me lately. I woke up really early and thought  I could make up a nice breakfast for Kayla. I went to the fridge and saw some bacon and eggs. I started to cook for the two of us and then I heard footsteps from the bedroom

"morning" Kayla said in her teddy bear pajamas. 

"Morning , look i want to thank you for everything and I want to prepare you a nice breakfast and can talk about things " I said and prepared the food on the plate and to the table. 

" sure what do you want to talk about? " Kayla ask me while she sat down 

" I want to take it slow because if i got too much information my head might burst so, where's my parents? " I ask

She looked away. " Are you sure you want to know?" She asked me

" I'm sure " I said

" Something happened, your parents are divorced and your currently living at your mother's house" She said avoiding eye contact to me. I felt my heart fall with that news. My parents is my life and in one instant they split up. Its hard to believe that i'm in a coma for a few days.

" Where's my m-mom? " I ask her

" She's with your grandmother in winchester." She said

I felt my eyes watering. Kayla saw me and immediately consoled me. why do I missed this much? I'm better off not knowing this things and act like nothing happened.

" I'm so sorry " Kayla said

" Its okay, I'll know the truth sooner or later " I said

" You want to go to the bakery, you can go back to your shift. " Kayla asked me, finishing her food.

" Wait, what about my school? " I asked her.

" You need to repeat since you're been absent lately" Kayla said

" Oh, so I need money then, let's go " I said smiling.

" Yeah, that's the Nicole i used to know" Kayla said

 I prepared my clothes and wore my uniform. I fixed my hair into a ponytail and looked at myself in the mirror. I examined my body and noticed that there were pink scratches on my wrist, near at the vein. I have crazy conclusions such like I tried to kill myself and stuff but maybe I'm just overreacting. I touched the key necklace around my neck. I've been thinking that the one who holds the lock should have know something about me. I'm not sure if Mark is really my boyfriend, plus he lied to me. I'm so confused right now. How come I've been in the news and the internet? How come everywhere I go, there is always cameras trying to take pictures of me.

I went outside of the room with Kayla greeting me. We went to the bakery together with two other strangers greeting me. I went to the kitchen and a middle aged man taught me how to make frosting and i continued to go to work. Everyone here is really nice and I just have to do is work hard so i can start going to college next year. The bakery has a small stage and a television. It was on the news, a gossip news. its just another picture of One direction.

" Niall Horan with a mystery girl? " the reporter said.

I saw the picture where a girl bend over to kiss him. i can tell he was surprised but the thing that most intrigued me was the necklace he got around his neck. It was a bronze lock necklace. but i was cut of my thoughts by a person who screamed my name. 

" NICOLE!" A thick irish voice. I recognized that voice... its Mark. He saw me and grabbed my arm and went outside. he pulled me to the nearest alleyway. I pulled away from his grip and slapped him. 

" What are you doing! I hate you ! You lied to me you stupid cunt! " I yelled to him.

" I know and I'm so stupid. You can hate me but I'm really sorry" He said 

" When I needed the truth, especially now, you lied to me. If you really know, you must know about my trust issues. Please tell me the truth this time, are you my boyfriend?" I said to him straight

He looked down and played with his fingers.

"WELL?" I yelled with tears threatening to fall. He stayed quiet. "tch, you're not going answer. I'm going back to the bakery"

I felt a pull on my arm.

" No, I'm not your boyfriend but I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU DAMMIT" He yelled and kissed me passionately on the lips. I response back with that kiss.

We pulled away.

" Am i forgiven?" He asked

" Not yet " I said hesitantly and went back to the bakery.

=============================================================

I'm the worst.

I promised and I failed

This time I will not promise...

I'll TRY to update for 8VOMMENTS,

If I can't update in time. Wait for the weekends.

I'm Really Sorry guys but I have school and stuff to do. 

I so SorrRRRRYYYYYYY

Please forgive me 

-NICOLE