Chapter 14

Alexis

I rushed into the emergency area and went to the front desk to ask where Brandon was.

''Excuse me can you tell me where Brandon Kpor room is?'' I asked hurriedly.

''And you are?'' The lady asked in a rude manor.

I huffed. ''I'm his girlfriend bitch now tell me where the hell he is before I put you in one of these rooms myself.'' I yelled.

She quickly nodded and looked into her computer. ''He's on the third floor room 118.''

I rushed past the desk and got on the elevator.

My thoughts were going a mile a minute. I knew this was going to happen and this is why I was so afraid.  Tears escaped my eyes.

I wiped them and exited the elevator. I looked for his room and walked inside.

I see Benz and some other guy beside him.

''Ale-''

I cut Benz off by rushing towards Brandon's side. I kissed his pale face and held his hand.

My whole life I waited for my true love and now I'm alone. Silently squeezing his hand I feel him squeeze it back.

I looked up toward his face and seen him move. ''Benz get the nurse.'' I directed.

He nodded and left. Brandon started shaking uncontrollably and I panicked and looked at the guy in the room for help. He came by my side and removed me from Brandon as nurses and doctors rushed in.

I was backed out of the room as they started to work on him. I sat in the lobby chairs and started crying.

********************

''Family of Brandon Kpor?'' A tall slim white woman announced.

''Yes.'' Benz, Franco, and I stood up.

The woman paused for a long moment before looking down.

''I'm sorry, but he didn't make it.''

I stood in shock. My breathing became heavy and I became dizzy.

I held my chest and fell back into one of the chairs and cried my heart out.

''Why doc?'' Benz said in tears.

''As you know he was pronounced dead earlier, but fell into a coma. But when Miss. Jenkins  came he was in shock which caused him a to have a seizure and die.'' The doctor explained.

I hollered and screamed. Franco came to my side and held me in his arms.

''Even though I just met you I know you was the one for G. He spoke about you when we first started doing business together. You gonna get through this ma believe that.'' He spoke softly.

***********************************

2 Months later

Every since Brandon died I stopped modeling. I haven't left the house either. I don't keep contact with anyone besides Benz, Nia, and Franco.

I cry every night because I never got to say goodbye or I love you. Laying in bed I look through all of our pictures that we took. Silently smiling I think about the times we shared.

I rub my small baby bump smiling slightly. I didn't even get the chance to tell him I was pregnant. Tears started to flow again.

I stood up to take a shower. Standing under the shower head the hot water comforted my body.

Washing my hair I think about the love me and Brandon made before he left the house that night.

''God why I just started realizing what I wanted in life. Now what am I suppose to do?'' I said silently to myself.

Getting out the shower I dried off and put shorts and one of Brandon's shirts on.

Heading to the kitchen I made a sandwich and stared in my empty condo.

After eating I head towards the couch and laid down. Without noticing I fell asleep.

*Dream State

''Hello?'' I asked looking in the bright light.

''Mommy?'' A little boy said.

He looked just like Brandon and I.

I cried and touched the boy's head.

''It's okay mommy daddy say's he loves you and he loves me.'' The little boy said.

I nodded and looked down. ''What's your name baby?'' I asked.

''Brendon.'' He smiled.

I smiled. ''Can you tell daddy that I love him too?''

He nodded and kissed my hand.

''Do you want to know a secret mommy?''

I shook my head yes.

Brendon came up to my ear.

''Daddy said that isn't the last time your gonna see him.'' 

Then he faded away.

*Dream State Over

Waking up with tears in my eyes I smiled. Seeing my baby and knowing Brandon may be at peace I felt free.

Getting up I called Nia, Franco and Benz for a quick get together.