Chapter 25

Brandon

I've been spending the day setting up this proposal for Alexis.

Knowing her she doesn't like the over the top shit, she'll still enjoy this surprise.

Grabbing David out his car seat I carried him to a privately owned island recruiter.

''Hello sir how may I help you?'' The lady asked.

''Hi I'm looking to rent one of your private islands for a weekend.'' I said.

She nodded and looked on her computer.

''Okay sir we have a place available in the Bahamas, Jamaica, and Hawaii.'' She read the list.

I nodded.

''How much is it for the place in Hawaii.'' I asked.

''It is exactly one million sir. This includes special dinner dates on the beach and groceries and cars included with the home.'' She explained.

Damn every since I became a dad I've been spending less and less.

''Alright we'll take that right little man?'' I looked at David.

David giggled and blew bubbles.

The lady smiled.

''Credit or check?'' The lady asked.

Pulling out my credit card I swiped it and signed the receipt.

***********

Getting Alexis off our private jet and carrying David in my arms she continued to question where we were.

''Girl if you don't chill with the questions.'' I said.

She stayed quiet this time.

Getting to the private island home I took the blind fold off her face.

''Brandon wh- oh my goshhhhh Brandon!'' Alexis screamed and kissed my lips repeatedly.

David made bubbles with his lips and touched the both of our faces.

''Brandon this is beautiful. Oh my gosh you didn't have to do this.'' She said with tears in her eyes.

''This what was needed Alexis.'' I said.

She kissed David cheeks and tickled his little stomach.

******

Waiting on Alexis to finish getting dressed I fixed David's little bow tie.

Walking out the room Alexis looked at the both of us and smiled bright.

She carried David as I held her hand and we walked out the back door to the beach.

Seeing a gazebo set up with candles and flowers, and candles every where she started shaking.

Kissing her cheek to calm her down, I wiped her tears.

Sitting David in the high chair and helping her with her seat.

We sat down and talked about the past, present and future.

**************

Fiddling with the box in my pants pocket she continued to go on about David teething.

''Alexis look at me baby girl.'' I said.

She nodded and looked into my eyes.

''Being with you made me a better man. I've never thought I'll see myself with a family of my own and a beautiful like you in my life.'' I said.

She cried and rubbed David's little hand.

Looking down I pulled the box out and got on one knee.

''Alexis Jenkins will you do the honor of being my wife and spending the rest of your life with me?'' I asked as a tear came down my face.

She looked at me and cried.

''Yes baby I'll marry you!'' She shouted and got up from her chair to hug me.

*************

5 Years Later

''David stop running before you wake your brother Brenden up.'' I told his little bad ass.

''Sowwy dad I didn't mean to.'' David sat down next to me.

''It's fine just be careful.'' I said.

I finally got my family.

Nothing else can change this.