Chapter 23

Alexis

Alexis

Today Devin invited me to meet little Dylan and have a nice BBQ at his place. I've never been so nervous before and to meet Devin's son is a big step considering that I'm not completely over Brandon, and we aren't officially together .

Putting my sundress over my bathing suit I felt the baby kick.

Then my phone rings as I walk towards my door.

''Hello..''

''Yeah what you doing? Is my son good?'' Brandon practically yelled in my ear.

I rolled my eyes. ''Yeah I'm doing great going out for a little bit.''

''Where and with who because I need to make sure you and the baby safe.'' He said.

''I hear you Brandon. But seriously you don't need to worry about me just our son.'' I explained.

''Man I don't wanna hear this today.'' He said getting aggravated.

I hung up on him and walked out my door and locked up.

****************

I knocked on Devin's front door and waited patiently as the sun beamed on my light brown coco skin.

Devin opened the door with Dylan by his side.

''Hello Ms.Alexis it's nice to finally meet you.'' Dylan said politely.

''Aw thank you handsome it's nice to finally meet you too.'' I smiled and pinched his cheek lightly.

''Hey beautiful.'' Devin smiled and kissed my cheek.

''Hello handsome.'' I blushed.

Both of them led me in the house into the spacious backyard.

With the food going on the grill and the nice blue clear pool I can tell today was going to be relaxing.

***************

Me and Dylan played hide and seek in the pool as Devin finished grilling.

Once I found Dylan I tickled him and the giggles just couldn't stop.

Being around them two makes me forget my worries. Kind of wish me and Brandon would end up like this.

Nice house, family, cookouts and enjoying each other's company.

I got over him lying about his death I'm just so angry that ever since he's been back he isn't as caring.

I mean anyone can call and text multiple times, but it feels as though he's more worried about our relationship than our son that will be making he way into this world in 3 months from now.

Getting out of my daze I hear Devin call my name and motion me to come to his side.

Making sure Dylan gets out also I waddle to Devin with my stomach poking out.

''Yes sir?'' I smiled.

''You alright I seen you spaced out.'' He admitted.

''Yeah you caught me, but I'm good just enjoying you guys company.'' I said.

He nodded his head and gave mine a kiss.

Waddling over to get a towel I wrapped up in it and sat down in a beach chair.

Dylan played with his toys and made rocket ship noises.

''Food ready y'all.'' Devin announced.

*********************

Devin let me take a shower and settle down.

After washing in Dove soap I rinsed my body off and wrapped my body in a towel.

Looking around Devin's room I looked for something to put on.

I walked down the stairs and seen Devin watching tv.

''Uh Devin what am I gonna wear.'' I giggled.

''I got a shi-'' He stopped and stared at me.

He didn't say anything for a whole minute.

''Hello anyone home.'' I teased.

He blinked and licked his lips.

''My bad I got sweats and a shirt in my draws, matter fact I'll show you.'' He said getting up.

I followed behind him as he led the way.

*******************

Me and Devin laid and watched a movie as my phone went off with a text.

Baby Dad😈😶: Wyd?

Me: Minding my business and leaving yours alone✋.

Baby Dad😈😶: Man chill with the attitude I'm checking up on you.

I rolled my eyes and didn't respond at first.

Me: I'm fine the baby is good.

Baby Dad😈😶: That's cool let me come over.

Me: Nope not home.

Devin looked at me and kissed my cheek and then my lips.

I sat my phone down and laid on Devin's chest and fell asleep.