Chapter 9

Derek pulled into his driveway sighing. Stiles hadn't said a single word on the way from their meeting spot over and he wasn't sure if it was because of what he said or because of something-Scott-else.

Waiting for Stiles to make his way up the steps he opened the door allowing the younger male to walk in. Stiles quietly looked around the house biting on his lip.

"It's still weird here." He said softly making Derek chuckle.

"What do you mean?"

"I dunno, its just kind of..unreal. I feel like its a dream almost. Ya know, the hot werewolf who's rich as fuck. Its almost unbelievable."

"Thanks?" Derek laughed again pulling the other up the stairs.

"Where's your family?"

"No clue. Probably out for a run."

Stiles nodded plopping himself down on Derek's bed. 

"Get the books already."

"I'm working on it." Derek growled fishing them from his closet. "Like I said, if my dad finds out that I took them, he'll kill me."

"I don't get why he cares so much." Stiles sighed. "I don't get why my dad cares so much either."

"Isn't that why we're figuring it out?" Derek asked.

"It's just annoying."

"I know, Sti." Derek handed one of the books to Stiles before dropping the rest at the end of his bed.

-----

Stiles groaned as he turned the page. They've spent nearly two hours searching through the books to not find anything to help them. 

Derek sat up quickly getting Stiles' attention. "My dad's home..." He said softly grabbing the books and throwing them under his bed.

"He's not going to be mad that I'm here, right?" Stiles asked.

"I um..don't think so.." Derek said making Stiles more nervous.

"Derek!" Stiles hissed at the same time his dad called his name from the stairs.

"Y-yeah!?" Derek called back only to hear more footsteps nearing his room.

Without thinking Derek laid down pulling Stiles with him so the pale boy was laying on his chest making him let out a squeak.

Stiles gripped onto Derek's shirt as his father knocked on the door before coming inside.

"Derek." His father said in a dry, harsh tone.

"Dad.." Derek replied rubbing Stiles' back.

His father glanced between the two before sighing. "He's not supposed to be here." His father said.

"Why?" Derek asked forcing himself not to give an attitude.

"It's a full moon Derek!" His father yelled.

"So!?" He yelled back. "I think I have my wolf under enough control by now dad! I'm twenty!"

His father flashed his eyes. "You know that's not what this is about."

Derek sighed "I'm not going."

"Yes. You are." His dad snapped.

"I don't want to."

"That's too bad. Stiles, you need to leave. Now." Mr. Hale's voice softened as he turned his attention to the human.

Stiles nodded getting off of Derek. "Sorry, sir." He said quietly getting a nod from the older man.

"Derek, I expect to see you in ten minutes." His father snapped leaving the room.

Derek got up wrapping his arms around Stiles as the other was pulling on his shoes. "Sorry." He said softly.

Stiles shrugged "Tomorrow?" Stiles asked. 

Derek nodded. "I'll walk you back over."

----

"Where are you supposed to be?" Stiles asked swinging his and Derek's interlocked hands.

"We have this..I don't know, tradition, where on the full moon the entire pack runs together. Honestly, I hate it. I'd rather stay in. I actually get teased by Laura because the moon is supposed to bring out your wolf and instead I feel more human." Derek said softly.

"Well, I think it's pretty cool you're not like them." Stiles smiled up at the older male.

Derek nodded in silent thanks.

"Is Isaac gay?" Stiles blurted before they reached the fence.

"Um..I think he's bi. Why?"

"No reason." Stiles smirked.

Derek sighed looking down. 

"I'm not interested in him if that's what you're worried about."

"No, I just really don't want to go tonight." He sighed.

Stiles frowned. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I'll text you in the morning."

Stiles nodded looking down at their hands. Derek smiled lifting the others chin and softly kissing him.

"Goodnight, Stiles."

Stiles smiled pecking his lips again. "Goodnight, Der."

Merry Christmas everyone!!!