Chapter 27

Sorry this chapter took so long. I'm ending this book soon. I've kind of lost a lot of motivation toward it and I've been trying my best to get it back but I just can't. Sorry...there's still a few chapters left though, don't worry.

"You can't just run off like that, Stiles!" Derek snapped, guiding Stiles back to the house.

"I know." He said quietly, "But, Derek. It's my fault."

"No, it's not. You didn't ask for this Stiles. You didn't go out and kill people. You didn't do anything."

"I feel like it's my fault though!"

Derek sighed, "Then let's figure out how to fix it. Okay?"

Stiles bit his lip, nodding.

The rest of the walk back to the house was silent. Stiles walked in front of Derek with his arms crossed, the wolf rolling his eyes in response but following closely behind. When they walked back inside Stiles muttered a quick apology about running off knowing he shouldn't have and made his way up to Derek's room. Talia tried to stop Derek from going upstairs, the beta simply shaking his head waiting for his mom to give him approval of going to his room. She sighed but nodded turning to look at Deaton. It was going to be a long night.

--

The next morning came too quickly if you ask Derek. Stiles accidentally elbowing him in the ribs trying to get out of bed, the sun blaring through his window forcing him to turn away from it, the pack downstairs making far too much noise. Stiles stood quietly by the bed knowing Derek was going to get up now that he was awake, watching him as if it'd force him up faster.

"I'm sorry again," Stiles started as Derek pulled on a pair of sweatpants. "About yesterday."

Derek rolled his eyes, "It's fine." He said pressing a kiss onto the others lips. "Come on, let's see what everyone's doing."

Downstairs the pack was talking over each other as Deaton and Talia forced Laura and Sebastian into another room. Breakfast already on the table for everyone. The pair sat down across from Scott and Isaac.

"Where'd mom go? What's going on?" Derek asked.

"Deaton said something about something," Isaac said around a mouth full of food. "I didn't really hear much. He wasn't specific."

Derek sighed but dropped the topic wrapping an arm around Stiles after the boy leaned into his side. "Do you think it's about me?" Stiles asked.

"What're you talking about?"

"Ya know, how I'm the reason everything is so shitty lately."

Scott groaned, "Will you cut the shit? It's not your fault."

"Hey, chill. If you were in his position you'd feel the same way." Lydia added. "But he's right Sti, it's not your fault."

"I'm the spark they want. It's my fault. You're not going to change my mind."

Derek kissed the top of Stiles head, "I'm sure everything is going to be okay."

Stiles nodded watching Scott and Isaac obviously flirting in front of everyone, he glanced at Lydia who smirked back.

--

Another pack meeting was called before dinner that evening. Talia had sat everyone down to inform them that the rogue wendigos had broken over into Eden and were attacking people there because Stiles' scent was still scattered across the town. Before Talia was able to end the meeting to start thinking of a plan Stiles stood up getting her attention.

"Stiles, it's n-" Derek started pulling him back onto the couch next to him.

"No, I just..." Stiles looked down. "I think I have an idea but it's probably stupid."

Everyone's gaze glued itself to Stiles urging him to share. He swallowed thickly before licking his lips and beginning. "What if we used me as bait? I mean, I'm the one they want, right? So, we could pick a spot and have them come find me there only...you guys would be hiding out waiting for them too." Stiles scratched the back of his neck. "If there's a way to mask my scent in Eden we should do that, then they'd come back over here, nobody else will get hurt."

"Stiles, you do realize you could die, right?" Scott blurted out.

Stiles shrugged, "Well, the problem will be taken care of either way."

Derek glared at him, "Are you serious?"

"Derek, do-" Stiles started, Derek pushed himself off the couch and stalked off.

"I'll talk to him." Laura sighed, ruffling Stiles' hair.

Talia seemed unsure of the idea of using Stiles as bait, turning to Deaton to get his opinion on the matter. "It could work." Was his only response.

"We'll think about it, okay? But, I do think we should mask his scent across Eden. This has already caused enough trouble with the community over there." Talia said.

"I'm not letting Stiles get himself killed." Scott spoke up.

"Yeah, it's suicide." Isaac added.

Stiles rolled his eyes, leaning back into the couch, "good thing it's not you out there then, huh?"

"Stiles."

"No, Scott. I really don't want to listen to your reasons on why I should just sit here while everyone I've ever known gets mauled to death by some fucking supernatural whatever the fuck it is because it's hunting for me. Either we kill them or I die, either way, this ends."