Chapter 17

They spent a good part of the night trying to find a way into Eden. When they finally had a chance to get over the fence they bolted straight toward Stiles' house. Scott seemed to be controlling his wolf quite well under pressure but Derek was still wary about letting the new wolf near the human. He kept Stiles glued to his side making Isaac and Scott walk in front of them.

All three wolves heard Stiles' heart speed up when his dad's cruiser came into view.

"Stiles, you okay?" Scott asked remembering what Stiles had said when he had come over.

"He hit me. I don't think he meant to, but he did."

"I'm fine." Stiles lied, Derek, Isaac, and Cora all noticing the blimp in his heartbeat. "Go around back and up to my room." He said softly, walking toward the front door.

They all listened to the conversation that was happening downstairs. Stiles' dad was yelling at him, Scott willing himself to be quiet as he fought the wolf. Derek forced himself to sit in Stiles' computer chair instead of going downstairs and slapping the sheriff across the face.

"Where the hell have you been!?" John yelled.

Every ounce of confidence Stiles had had was thrown out the window. "I-I went for a walk and I got lost. I'm sorry."

"Why did you fucking call anyone!?"

"D-Dad, you have my phone. I didn't ha-" his breath hitched as his dad's hand made contact with his cheek.

John glared at the younger male. "Don't you dare leave this house. Understand?" He snapped.

Stiles nodded, holding back the tears that wanted so badly to escape. That was the second time.

John didn't speak again as he grabbed his belt and gun and left the house. Stiles stood there for a minute letting a tear fall before climbing up the stairs, Derek pulled him close letting the boy break.

"Stiles, I-I wanted to talk to you when you came over." Scott started. "B-but I was scared I was going to hurt you."

"It's fine." The other said softly into Derek's shoulder. "Now, tell me what's going on."

It took a while but Stiles finally got Derek to talk about everything.

Derek sighed. "The Alpha pack is who we were fighting. They...they want something."

"What do they want?" Stiles asked.

Cora's gaze shot straight to Derek. Derek wrapped his arms around Stiles' shoulders from behind from where they were now sitting on the bed. Stiles placed in between Derek's legs.

"Derek, who do they want?" Stiles urged.

Derek sighed. "You." He said quietly.

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows. "Me?" He turned to look at Derek. "Why me?"

"They said you're special."

"I'm human?"

Derek kissed the side of Stiles' head. "I know. I don't know what's going on other than that."

Stiles looked around the room seeing everyone avert his gaze. He sunk back into Derek.

"So, what do we do?"

This is short, I'm sorry. I've had work and cheer and the quarter for school ended today so I had a bunch of school work to finish. I'm just really tired. I have to work from 11:30 to 9 tomorrow and go to cheer Sunday so I think I'm just about dead. At least this week.