Chapter 22

HI!! I'm back! Next update will be on the scheduled day!! Thank you all for hanging in there with me through my break, it was difficult trying to work around everything going on to update but I think I have everything worked out now.

"Where's mom?" Sebastian snapped, walking into the living room.

"She's-"

"I'm right here, what's wrong?"

"They're coming." He said turning around.

I felt Stiles shift next to me, his hand wrapping around my arm. "Who?"

"The police, from Eden. They're opening up the quarantine for them, they're looking for Scott now too."

"How far are they?"

Sebastian sighed, glancing over at us. "They were crossing the border when I saw them. They could be here any minute."

"Why didn't you call?"

"Phone lines are down idiot." Laura said walking into the room, "Do you pay attention to anything?"

"Leave Derek alone, Laura." My mom said, "Stiles, Scott, up."

"Where are we going?" Scott asked.

Stiles pushed himself off of the couch, "What if they look there?"

"They won't. It'll be covered. Relax." Cora said, from the other end of the couch.

There was a knock on the front door followed by "Eden Police, open up."

"Derek, go."

I nodded, wrapping an arm around Stiles, "Scott let's go."

I lead them out the back door and toward the cellar, Stiles asked if I was going to stay with them. I can't. They know everyone in my pack, if I'm not there it'll look suspicious.

"It shouldn't take long, I'll be back to get both of you as soon as they leave, stay quiet."

"Derek!" I heard Jackson behind me. "I found another one."

"Lydia?" Scott and Stiles both questioned as I turned around. The strawberry blonde was staring up at Jackson.

"Hi, guys."

"Why are you here?" Stiles asked.

Jackson let go of her. "Do you really think now is the time to be asking questions like this?"

"He's right, Sti. We'll talk about it after."

He sighed but nodded. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I pecked his lips, "Come on." I opened the doors helping each of them in before Jackson and I shut them and covered them.

--

"Do you know what's going on in Eden?" Jackson asked. I shook my head, "From what I saw it's nothing good."

"Does my mom know?"

"I don't know, I was just doing the perimeter sweep when I found that girl. I haven't even seen you're mom yet since I've been back."

"Seb just got back too. He seemed kind of freaked out."

"Sebastian, freaked out?" Jackson chuckled opening the back door, "You know best that he's always freaked out. His 'tough guy mojo' is all an act."

"Yeah, I know. Which is why I know when he's truly worried about something."

Jackson sighed, "Guess we'll have to figure out what's going on then, won't we?"

--

I sat in the living room with most of the pack—my mom was off with the Sheriff—as the deputies searched our house. I don't know why Stiles' dad is putting so much work into finding his son when he doesn't even want him around. One of the deputies glanced over at me, he nodded his head telling me to come over.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Is there a basement? Attic?"

I nodded, "Both, they aren't hidden?"

"I was told to ask." I nodded again, "Can you show me?"

"I can." I heard Sebastian behind me.

"I didn't ask you." The deputy said, eyebrows raised.

My brother smirked, "Yeah, but my mother also gave you strict orders on who not to engage with."

"It's not a big deal." I mumbled.

He pushed me back toward the couch, "Sit down."

"He's just being protective." Laura said when I sat back down next to her.

I sighed, "It doesn't mean it's not annoying."

She snorted, resting her head on my shoulder.

"They don't know about the cellar in the backyard, right?" I whispered, dropping my head on hers.

"No, Der. They'll be fine." She squeezed my hand. "Okay?"

"Okay."

--

After an hour or so they finally left and I was able to get the three from the cellar in the back. Lydia looked a bit shaken up but all in all they looked fine.

"Derek, somethings not right." Stiles said softly.

"What're talking about?"

He sighed, "Lydia told us why she's over here. And if it's what it sounds like...nothing good is going to come of it."

"Stiles what are you talking about?"

He sighed glancing back at the other two, "We should go inside."

"Okay..." I said allowing him to drag me back toward the house.

What the hell is going on?