Chapter 14

Scott POV

I heard a knock on my bedroom door followed my Stiles' muffled voice. "Scott, your mom let me in. I know you're still mad but I just really need you right now." He was crying. I leaned against my wall trying to relax. I wanted to see Stiles but I can't, I could hurt him. I felt my teeth poke out and watched as my claws grew. Stiles' voice rang again and a growl rose up my throat.

Stiles POV

"Stiles!" My dad yelled as soon as I walked in the door. He slammed me against the wall and I could smell the whiskey radiating off of him. "Give me your phone and your keys. NOW." He yelled.

I pulled them out of my pockets and handed them to him. "W-what did I do?"

He slapped his hand against the wall. "You don't ever fucking listen to me!" He yelled. "I've told you how many goddamn times to stay home, to not cross that fence! What do you do? The EXACT opposite!"

"Dad, look, I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it. Your ass could get locked up! You could get killed! Do you not understand that!?" He stopped yelling but his voice was still full of rage. "Your mom would be so disappointed in you."

"Don't bring mom into this!" I yelled at him. "You don't get to do that! You can't pull that card! Yell at me all you want but don't fucking bring mom into this!"

He slapped me across the face, shock overcoming his as he realized what he did. "S-Stiles, I'm sorry. I didn't...you didn't deserve that."

I pushed him away from me. I wanted Scott. I needed Scott.

--

"Scott, your mom let me in. I know you're still mad but I just really need you right now." I said knocking on his door feeling myself start to cry. "Please Scott." He didn't answer me. "Scott, I know you're in there." I rested my head against his door letting the tears fall down my face. "My dad brought up my mom again." I wiped my face. "Can you just pretend to care for a minute? I don't know who else to go to." I sighed. "He hit me. I don't think he meant to, but he did." I stood in silence for a while before I eventually just gave up. "I'm sorry Scott. Don't worry, I'll leave you alone from now on." I said walking toward the stairs.

--

I knocked on the old door hearing someone on the other side yell 'coming' before the door was yanked open and Derek's older brother stood in front of me.

"You're not supposed to be here."

"I-I know. I really need to see Derek." I held back my tears.

Sebastian nodded letting me inside. "You okay?"

"No," I said. "But that doesn't matter right now."

"Stiles, what's wrong?" I saw Derek walking down the stairs. "Why are you here? I told you not t-"

"I know, listen. My dad took away my phone. I think we have a problem."

"Whatever it is can wait. You need to go home. It's a full moon tonight. Something's coming. Nothing good either."

"That's the thing Derek. I'm pretty sure Scott got bit."

Derek's eyes widened. "Meaning he won't be able to control his shift. Fuck."

"I don't know what to do. He won't even talk to me."

Derek looked toward his brother. "Dad can't know."

"How else do you expect to go about this? All of us are supposed to go tonight."

I sighed looking between the two.

"We can send Jackson and Isaac. They're just supposed to watch over the preserve tonight." Derek said.

"And when dad checks in? Or mom comes home and notices, oh I don't know, THAT THEY AREN'T HERE?" Sebastian said.

"I don't know what else to do!" Derek panicked.

Sebastian sighed. "I have an idea."

--

"Stiles." I heard Talia's voice as Sebastian, Derek, and I sat in the kitchen.

"Hi." I gave her a warm smile.

"Honey, you know you're not supposed to be here."

Derek grabbed my hand. "I asked him to come. He said he was having a bad day and I just wanted to help before it got too late."

Talia sighed. "He needs to go home now."

"I was gonna ask Isaac and Jackson if they could walk him home, makes sure he gets there safely, when we head out."

"Fine. But, this can't happen again. Especially when you know what's going on." Talia gave him a stern look before walking out.

Sebastian gave Derek a nod. "Okay, now we just have to tell Jackson and Isaac what to do."

--

"I really don't want to go home." I said.

Derek kissed me. "I know but you're a lot safer there than you are here tonight."

"But..Scott.."

"He'll be fine. Take this." Derek said handing me a sealed bag. "Put it around your house."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Mountain ash."

I nodded. "What's happening tonight?"

"I'm not totally sure."

"Promise me you'll be careful?" I said.

Derek nodded as Jackson came over to us. "We have to go now."

"I'll see you soon." Derek said softly kissing me again.

I nodded. "See you soon."

Sorry this has taken a while for me to update. I'm hella busy. Thanks for sticking with me though, I appreciate it a lot!!

Hopefully I'll be able to update again soon!!