Chapter 23

"Is someone going to explain what's going on?" Sebastian asked after we all got back inside.

"People aren't acting right back in Eden," Lydia started. "My mom...she attacked me."

My mom spoke up, concern on her face, "What do you mean?"

Lydia shook her head, "I don't know how to explain it...I mean...you're gonna think I'm crazy."

"I doubt that." Isaac snorted.

"She looked hungry."

Jackson choked on his drink, coughing as it came out his nose. "She what?"

"Fuck this. I'm not dealing with zombies now too." Sebastian groaned.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm just seeing things. She's been sick for the past few days. I didn't...I don't know..."

"Lyds, it's okay. You're safe here." Stiles said sitting down next to her.

"Don't worry too much about it right now. We'll keep an eye on the town, see if we can figure out what's actually going on."

Lydia sighed leaning into Stiles. He looked up giving me a worried look.

"Let's watch a movie." Cora said trying to get everyone's mind off the strangeness going on.

--

"Okay, seriously. What's going on?" I asked my mom while the others were in the living room watching whatever movie Cora put in.

She sighed, "I don't actually know, Derek." She said pulling out what she needed to make for dinner.

I grabbed the bag of fresh veggies from her setting them on the counter. "I'm really worried."

"We'll figure it out." She said kissing my head. "Go, watch the movie."

"Okay." I sighed walking out of the kitchen.

Stiles grabbed my hand as I sat down next to him. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah." I said wrapping my arm around him.

--

Scott's POV

I gave up trying to focus on the movie. What Lydia said was on repeat inside my head. I don't understand what it could've been, it doesn't make any sense. I walked out onto the back porch to see Isaac there. I sat down next to him on the steps seeing him smile at me.

"What're you doing out here?" I asked.

He shrugged, "it's crowded inside."

"That's true." I sighed, "Do you know what Lydia was talking about?"

"No. I wish I did."

"Sebastian said..."

Isaac laughed, "Ignore Sebastian. He's a drama queen. Besides we wouldn't know unless we saw it ourselves. Lydia was freaked out, her mind could've just been messing with her."

"Yeah, I guess."

"Don't worry about it too much. It's nothing until Talia says it's something and it's nothing yet."

"It's just...scary." I sighed. "I feel like everything's happening all at once. Like, I've been a werewolf for what, two seconds?"

"I know. But, we're all here for you so just try to relax okay."

I nodded again, "Sorry to bother you with this."

"It's fine." He laughed, knocking his shoulder against mine.

"Stop!!" I heard a scream behind us followed by the door slamming shut and laughter. "Derek, quit!" Stiles yelled, laughing. He bumped into me. "Sorry Scott." He laughed.

He jumped down the steps, Derek in two, the two running toward the swing. Stiles was still laughing, a small scream broke the air as Derek caught him, picking him up, and spinning them in a circle.

"They're disgusting." Isaac laughed. "I heard about everything that happened with you and Stiles, I'm sorry."

"He told you?"

"No," He shook his head, "He told Derek, I just have this problem where is so easy to hear everyone else's conversations sometimes. It's like I have super hearing or something." He joked.

"Cute." I laughed. "I'm over it now. I mean it still kinda sucks but I get it. Can't make someone like you, right?"

"Yeah, that's true. And besides, there's someone out there that's perfect for you."

Scott snorted, "Maybe."

"Seriously though, why do they have to do that?" Isaac asked watching as the two whispered to each other passing little kisses to the other between their conversations.

I laughed, "I might throw up."

"Ow, fuck, Derek what the hell!?" Stiles yelled from where he was on the ground behind Derek.

Isaac got up, "Somethings not right."

Derek growled at the trees behind the house as Isaac got up. The pack came out.

"What the hell is going on?" Laura asked.

"Stiles, get over here." Jackson yelled.

Stiles got up passing Talia as he walked back toward the house. "What's going on?" Stiles asked quietly.

"There's something out there." Cora said quietly. "Come on, we should go inside." She said grabbing onto his arm. "Scott, you too."

"I want to know what it is!" I said.

Isaac pushed me toward the door gently, "You'll know when we do but it's not safe for you. You're not ready. Go."

"But-"

"Scott, come on!" Stiles snapped grabbing my hand.

"Fine." I sighed letting him pull me inside.

I could hear more growling as soon as we got inside and I heard Stiles' heart rate elevate. "Sti, relax, it's okay." I said pulling him into a hug.

"Yeah, I'm sure it'll be okay." He said into my shoulder.

I sighed letting him squeeze me a little tighter. Whatever's happening is giving me a bad feeling. A really bad feeling, and for once, I want to know what's going on.