Chapter 21

The end of this is cute if you remember Chapter 6-even if you don't remember it's kind of cute, it's just got some details from chapter 6 and a tiny little like sentence flashback. I also put Stiles' real name in this one finally. It's a common name for him too so you probably won't be surprised by it any.

There was a small memorial for Derek's dad in the backyard by the tree and the swing with the couples initials carved onto it. Derek hasn't spoken since it happened. Most of us stay quiet because we aren't quite sure what to say. Talia is...completely and utterly broken in every way and by the look on her kid's faces' it's not a good sign. I don't know how losing a mate can effect a wolf but from what I can tell it's not something you'd want to put anyone through. She smiles, comforts her kids, tells us that she's okay, that she'll be fine. I kind of wish she would stop trying to be so strong though. Nobody would look at her any differently. Laura apologized to Derek for snapping at him, she was just stressed and upset because of everything that had happened. Derek seemed to understand, I mean, she was the one that watched their father die, that's got to be hard to cope with.

"There's something not right going on." Sebastian said, shattering my thoughts.

I looked up at him, "You mean besides the alpha pack?"

"The alpha pack has and always will be an issue, what I don't get is what they wanted with you."

Derek threw book in his hands at his older brother. "Will you stop?"

"No. I want to know why the fuck he's so important."

I stopped Derek from speaking up. "I'm a Luna Spark, I guess."

"Who told you that?"

"Deaton."

"Does mom know?"

"Not yet." Derek got up, "And it's not your business to tell her."

"I'm just saying, she should know."

"I think she's got enough on her plate right now." Derek growled.

Sebastian sighed, "We're all mourning, Derek. There's still shit going on that we have to deal with though."

Scott walked in passed Sebastian, phone pressed to his ear. "Yeah, here." He said into the phone before handing it to me. "It's Lydia. You need to talk to her."

I grabbed the phone from him. "Hey, Lyds."

"Stiles, they're quarantining the town."

I looked at Scott who had a worried look on his face. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, nobody can get in or out, there's so much patrol there's no way anyone's getting over the fence either. They won't tell us what's going on."

"M-My dad."

She sighed. "He's fine."

"No, no, I have to get back home I have to see D-Deaton, Lydia, I need to talk to him..."

"There's no way you're getting back over."

I felt myself starting to panic, Derek grabbed my hand. "Scott...what the hell is going on?"

He took his phone back from me, "I don't know, Sti."

--

"You're what?" Laura asked.

"A Luna Spark."

Talia sighed, "Deaton said that?" Derek nodded. "Okay, I can help you."

"How?"

"You just have to learn to control your spark as it starts to uncoil, the rest will come naturally." She said. "You're fine now, don't worry too much about it. Just make sure if something happens you tell me."

"Okay."

--

Lydia called again the next day. My dad filed a missing person's report on Scott and I. She said they're planning on opening up the quarantine to some of the police force and let them look around, let them talk to the Hales.

I could hear Scott telling Derek what he just told me. Scott wants to go home. I don't blame him, his mom's probably worried sick. But I don't want to go home. It's not even really a home anymore. And besides, how do I know my dad's not just gonna freak out and hit me again? At least everyone here likes me, well, maybe not Jackson but he doesn't hate me either. We also don't really know each other so I don't think it counts. I was sitting on Derek's bed when Talia walked in. I smiled at her, getting one in return as she said across from me.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded. "Do you want to go home?"

I looked down, "No."

She nodded, "Is there a reason for that? Should I be worried? Because Derek's worried."

"My dad." I started quietly. "He's hit me twice."

She looked angry. "We're not gonna let them find you, okay?"

"Are you sure? I kind of feel like I'm intruding, I just keep showing up. I don't even have your permission half the time and I know Derek wasn't making sure it was okay with you."

She grabbed my hand, "Stiles, you are always welcome here, you're family."

"Thanks." I said, holding back the urge to cry. I missed having a mom, I missed the feeling of having one care for me.

She pulled me into a hug and pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "Don't worry, he's not gonna hurt you again." I felt my body relax a little as I hugged her back. "If you need anything let me know."

I nodded again as she pulled away, she kissed my forehead and walked out. Derek came in right after.

"You okay?"

I laughed, "Yeah, I'm okay."

He wiped my cheeks, "Come on, I want to show you something."

He led me out back toward the tree with the swing. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders from behind as we reached it. "Look." He said, his head resting on top of mine.

I latched my hands around his arms as I looked up at the tree, right next to Derek's name there was a new addition + Genim was carved into the trunk.

"It's a tradition. Kind of. Every pack member carved in their names. They add their mate if they find them. That's my parents."

I smiled, moving to look at him, "I'm your mate?"

He nodded, "I told you, you'd be pack one day."

"Good, cause I like you too much to lose you." I said pecking his lips.

He smiled, "I love you." He whispered.

I whispered back. "I love you, too."