5.

Adam took me to the office early this morning so Max wouldn't see me when Adam usually walks in.
"Okay, Ross, Barney and Tim will be here soon, and Max will come in about 5 minutes after them. We have to let them know you're here before Max gets here too, get through the introductions quickly then get behind this couch," he points at one of the couches. "Barney will go get Max when he pulls up, take him up the office stairs, basically distract him from seeing you behind the couch and you'll go up behind him, tap his shoulder and he'll turn around and see you then it'll play from there. Sound good?" Adam asks.
"Perfect." I say, smiling and turn when I hear the doorknob turning.
"Hey Adam- oh, Cass." Ross walks in and smiles when he sees me, not that he wasn't smiling before. "You're here to surprise Max, right?" He asks.
"Yeah, I'm kind of nervous." I laugh nervously.
"Oh trust me, there's nothing to be worried about. He actually really misses you. I mean, sure he doesn't usually like surprises, but I'm sure he'll make an exception for this one." Ross says, smiling.
I smile as well and open my mouth to say something but Tim walks in.
"Max is here," he says quickly.
"Okay, uhh, Cass you just hide behind the couch and I'll do a vlog, Ross go to your office, and Tim- just do whatever you do." Adam laughs.
I smile. Adams laugh is so contagious.
I quickly hide behind the couch as Adam pulls out his phone when we hear footsteps coming up the metal stairs.
"You know I don't like surprises, Barney just tell me." I hear Max' voice growing closer.
My smile continuously grows as I hear the footsteps coming up to the door, Adam's voice quickly filling my ears as he starts his vlog.
"Alright, Adam, what's the surprise?" I hear Max ask, his voice telling us that he's annoyed.
"I can't tell you, sorry man." I hear Adam reply.
I slowly peer over the edge. Max' back is turned towards me. Perfect.
I slowly stand up and silently step around the corner of the couch then slowly sneak up behind Max.
"Hey, you wanna go to iHop?" Adam asks, smiling.
"No, fuck you." Max says and goes to start walking off but I quickly reach forward and tap on his shoulder.
He turns around, probably expecting to see one of the guys because when he sees me, his face shows pure shock.
"Cass!" He says excitedly then quickly pulls his arms around me, lifting me off the ground and spins me around once.
I laugh and as soon as he places me back on the ground, I lean my head away and smile. "Surprise!" I say, waving.
He laughs. "So, this was the surprise?" Max asks, raising his eyebrows but not taking his eyes away from mine.
"Yep," I say and smile then hug him tightly again.
"Almost four years before. And now two months. It's so great to see you again even though it's only been only about three months." I say, laughing softly.
"Only it felt like three years." Max whispers.
"It did." I say and look up at him again.
"Louisiana isn't the same without you, Max." I say softly.
"I know, I'm pretty great." He says, smiling.
I roll my eyes and playfully smack his arm.
"iHop?" I ask, smiling.
"NO." Max practically screams and runs off.
"Oh, well there goes Max." Adam laughs.
"Wait, did you record that?!" I shout.
"Yep," Adam says, smiling and turning the camera towards me.
"MAX!!!" I scream and sprint in the direction he went in.
"WHAT?!" Max yells back.
"ADAMS RECORDING MEEE!" I half scream, half whine and run behind Max quickly then peer over his shoulder.
He laughs. "Your point is?"
I plop myself on the ground and lay down.
"I hate my face." I whine and look at Max, who's staring down at me.
"Why?" Max asks, and tilts his head slightly.
"'Cause." I say and hold my arms out in front of me.
"Help, I can't get up." I whine, holding my arms up in the air.
Max laughs and bends over then picks me up.
"Ah-!" I scream as he lifts me into his arms. "Max!" I shout.
"What, you don't want to give me another birthday present?" He laughs and sets me down then turns his head and taps his cheek a few times gently.
"I.." I feel my face heat up and Max turns his head to look at me.
"Fine." I say, but instead of kissing his cheek I stand on my toes and kiss him- on the lips.
I feel my face turn into a tomato as I kiss him for what feels like three minutes but really is 3 seconds.
When I pull away I quickly step back.
"I.. I'm sorry," I say quickly then turn and sprint to the bathroom, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.
Crap. Why did I do that? Cass, he probably doesn't fucking like you like that.
"Cass?" I hear Adam call from the other side of the door. "Cass, open the door!" He calls.
I don't answer. I press the lock on the door in and slowly stand up then look in the mirror, tears staining my cheeks.
"Cass." Adam says again.
"I.. I kissed Max, Adam." I say quickly.
"Your point is?" He asks.
"He would never like me back. I just made a complete idiot out of myself." I say and wipe my tears away.
I unlock the door and it gets tugged open and I'm pulled into someone's arms.
Max.
"Max what-"
"You didn't make a complete idiot out of yourself, Cass." Max says softly.
"What do-"
"And who says I'd never like you back or I never did?" Max asks and looks at me.
"You-"
He quickly shuts me up by kissing me.
I feel my heart flutter a couple of times before he pulls away after a few seconds.
"You're not an idiot, Cass." He says softly.
"But.." I look up at him and tightly hug him.
"The problem is.. We technically can't legally date.. I'm not an adult yet and you just became legal to drink and.."
I bury my face in his chest and take a deep breath.
"Who cares what they say. You can't stop love. Nobody can." Max says and makes me look at him. "Because even if I'm an adult and you're not yet, why should that stop us from loving each other?"
"Aww," I hear someone coo.
"Adam!" Max shouts and quickly but gently unwraps my arms from around him and sprints after Adam.
"Get your butt back here!" He shouts.
I burst out laughing.
Physically he's 21. But mentally, he's still 16.