34.

A/N: I won't usually do these, I just want to give you guys a quick heads up that this story is going to go through everything, before Cass and Max met, when they met, how they met, after they met, and a whole bunch of stuff after that. So let's get started :D (by the way, it is in italics, but Cass is speaking.)

Max and I first met in Louisiana during high school. Before him and I met, I was bullied. Constantly. Verbally, and physically. By multiple girls, and boys. They would hit me, yell at me to go cut my wrists, to go jump off a bridge, for me to kill myself. The bullies just made everything worse. I hated my dad. He would hit me. Almost daily. He was an alcoholic. The house smelled like beer and other types of alcohol. And finally my parents divorced. Jackson, my brother, went with my dad and I haven't seen him until after my coma.. Which I'll get to that later. But one day.. A girl punched me in the gut and before she could do it again, which I'm sure if she did, she'd have knocked me out, Max stopped her. I saw him, standing there, his hand tightly gripping her wrist. He was the first person to ever stand up for me. I was muted by the pain.. But I could hear Max saying "leave her alone. She never did anything to deserve this. She's not any less human than we are." He was a junior at that time.. And I was a freshman. We became best friends. He stood up for me all the time. He was there for me when my parents would fight. He'd sneak in through my window.. And he'd comfort me when I was sitting on my bed, crying. He'd tell me that it'd be alright. It'll blow over. When my parents divorced, which was a few months later, my dad and brother left. Things.. Kind of went uphill from there. I was still that shy quiet girl in the back of class. The bullies never stopped. Whenever Max would have a sick day, they'd continue. They'd continue to slap me. And punch me. Telling me that my parents don't love me. That Max doesn't care. They.. Even knocked me out one time. I used to wear glasses. I still need them but.. I don't wear them in fear of being teased again. Max always believed that I just wore contacts. But.. I don't. But after Max moved up here, to Washington, the bullying got so bad I had to be online schooled. It went on like that for a couple years, but on Instagram.. I saw him post something, saying he was visiting Louisiana. I went out for breakfast.. And somehow we ended up there at the same time. After breakfast there.. We went to the park near our old houses. We just did what we'd do as kids. Run around the trees, laugh, tell stories, watch clouds.. And then he had to go back to Washington. I planned a bunch of stuff when he left.. Adam, one of Max' best friends helped me with a little surprise visit on his birthday. I flew up to Washington alone, and Adam picked me up at the airport. The next day, he took me to the offices they work at. I hid when Max came into the office.. And when he wasn't looking I surprised him. When I went back to Louisiana.. I got my mom to move us up here to Washington. I found out I was in love with Max.. He fell in love with me, and.. It sort of happened. Now I'm going to jump forward to the crash part.. My mom said we had to move out of Washington. I flipped out.. And took her car. I walked right by Max who was in the apartment lobby. He tried to stop me but.. Like an idiot, I ignored him. I got in my moms car.. And sped off. I saw someone following me, and now I realize that it was Max.. I uh.. Ended up closing my eyes. For a few split seconds. And when I opened my eyes.. A tree came up to the car. Fast. Too fast for me to react. I ended up crashing into it and.. I slipped into a coma. For five.. Or six months. But it's weird. It's like I was awake. But I wasn't. I wasn't in my body. It's like I was another me, walking around. I could hear, see, walk, but I couldn't touch anyone. I couldn't wake up. It's like I was trapped in a nightmare. And because of my coma.. My mom lost her job offer. If I'd stopped when Max tried to get me to stop, my mom would have a job.. But here's the problem. I'd be away from my boyfriend.

-

So that was a bit easier to write than I thought.. Not as long as I'd hoped but oh well :3 hope you guys enjoyed :D