18.

Cass

I shut off the water and hear SpongeBob in the other room.
A smile spreads across my face as I step out of the shower.
I would always get extremely excited when I was younger when I heard SpongeBob in the other room.
But that was when Max and I both lived in Louisiana.
I remember how sad I was when Max moved. I had secretly always had a crush on him in high school, even when we didn't talk.
I look around the bathroom, looking for my bag and I quickly realize I left it in the other room.
I sigh and roll my eyes then wrap the towel around my body and walk out then go over to my bag, pick it up and when I turn back around, I notice Max has his eyes fixed on me and his cheeks have slightly turned to a red color.
I blink and smile then quickly walk back to the bathroom. I'm pretty sure that by this point my fave is completely red.
I look at my reflection and notice that the towel starts where it shows plenty of cleavage (it's not weird,) and ends a few inches above my knees.
I turn away from the mirror quickly and take a deep breath then look at my bag and pull out fresh underwear and a tee shirt and sweats then brush through my hair, putting it in a messy bun then start to brush my teeth as I look at Instagram.
He doesn't really like you.
She's a gold digger.
She's using him for fame.
She's so ugly.
What's wrong with her face
I feel bad for Max.
I feel tears begin to run down my face and I drop my phone then set my toothbrush on the counter and sit down, leaning against a wall.
None of those things are true..
"Cass?" I hear Max call.
I don't answer.
I hear footsteps quickly walking towards the bathroom door.
"Cass- what's wrong?" Max asks quickly.
I stare at my phone, which is laying on its back, the Instagram app still open.
Max slowly picks up my phone and I look up at him, watching as his eyes flick over the screen.
"Cass- you and I both know that's not true." He says and crouches in front of me.
I look down and watch a tear drop on the floor.
"Hey," he says softly and lifts my chin up.
"Don't cry. You know I love you. I know you're not a gold digger. I know you aren't using me for fame. Don't let them drag you down." He says and wipes my tears away gently.
I nod slowly and a smile flickers on and off of my face.
I hug him tightly and he gently picks me up then walks me out into the living room and lays down on the couch, shifting me so I'm laying with half of my body on the couch, half of my body on his stomach and my head on his chest.
I look up at him and watch as he types something.
I shift, so my body is over his, but my head is still on his chest and I look at his phone.
With this gorgeous piece of human.. Love you <3
It has a picture of us- when we took a selfie a while ago.
I smile softly and look at him then scoot up slowly then put my lips on his.
"I love you too," I kiss him between words and eventually his hands come up to the back of my head and hold it so I can't pull away. But I have no problem with that.
I smile and run one of my hands through his hair.
His phone buzzes over and over, but he ignores it and eventually pushes it off the couch.
I slowly move my legs so I'm straddling him and something warm presses on my lower lip, causing me to flinch and jerk my head back slightly, giving Max enough time to put his lips back on mine and his tongue to enter my mouth.
I feel my heart rate pick up and I put my hands on either one of his shoulders then gently move my hips, accidentally creating friction.
Max quickly retreats his tongue back to his mouth and pulls away and grunts softly.
"Sorry- did I uh.. Hurt you?" I ask softly.
"No- uhm.." Max shifts, uncomfortably almost and my facial expression quickly.
"Oh.." I say, feeling my cheeks heat up.
He nods slowly and I quickly jump up then back up slowly.
"Sorry-" I say quickly then catch a quick glance of it and I feel my cheeks heat up then I turn away quickly.
I hear a knock on the door and Max looks at it.
"Go to the bathroom, I'll handle it." He mouths.
"But what about-"
"I'll handle it, just go." He says quickly.
I nod and watch as he gets up and 'casually' puts a pillow over it then goes to the door and pulls it open.
"Oh, hey Ross!" Max says.
Ross?
I silently close the bathroom door and look at my phone then quickly look at what he posted.
I smile. It's of me puffing my cheeks and crossing my eyes and he's behind me, laughing.
I smile then look through the comments.
You love her?
Wtf is wrong with her face XD
Is something wrong with her? o_o
Does she have a disease?
How does Max find her attractive.
I see a comment that seems supportive.
At least Max is happy. You should be thankful for that. Have you guys ever stopped to notice that since they've been together, he's seemed happier? What would you rather him be, sad or happy? Take a moment to feel ashamed. He deserves to be happy :)
I see a bunch of comments replying to her, and I smile.
That is so true.
That's amazing that someone finally stood up for her.
I agree. Is anyone with me that thinks she's gorgeous.
I smile and I hear Max call me out.
I walk out and lay down beside Max on the couch and watch SpongeBob.
I honestly love how easy it is to be myself when I'm around him, without the fear of scaring him off lingering above my head.