21.

"Hey, Cass."
I smile and wave. "Adam, I didn't know you invited Jin?" I say, looking over at him.
He shrugs and smiles. "Of course I did, just because Jin left the offices doesn't mean he's not our friend anymore," Adam says, shrugging.
"Of course I knew that I'm just- surprised to see him here." I say and smile.
"Well it's nice to finally meet you, Cass. Max was right, you are pretty."
I laugh softly. "Thanks, uh, where's Barney?" I ask.
"Probably slept in, he does that a lot on his days off," Alesa says as she walks into the room, holding Mason in her arms.
"Masooon!" Adam shouts softly.
I laugh softly and feel one of Max' arms wrap around my shoulders. "Ooooh! I ship it!" I hear Jess laugh.
I feel my face heat up and quickly bury it in Max' chest.
"Aww, don't be embarrassed, Cass, I was only teasing," Jess laughs.
I keep my face hidden in Max' chest. It may sound weird, but I like the way he smells. And aside from that, my face is cold.
"Is your face cold still?" Max asks.
I nod and slowly move so I'm sitting on his lap, but keep my face in his chest.
"Cass sit up," Max says and gently starts to sit me up by my shoulders but I quickly wrap my arms around his waist.
"Yeah I don't think she's moving anytime soon," I hear Ross say, a smile evident on his voice.
"Probably not, but I can do this," Max says and tickles my sides.
I scream slightly and fall on the floor and groan then flop my arms over my head.
"Thanks," I say, scrunching up my nose slightly.
"Sorry, I didn't mean for you to fall," Max laughs and reaches down then grabs my arms and gently pulls me up then kisses my cheek gently.
I smile softly and hug him, resting my head on his shoulder.
"Yeah, I don't think she's letting go," Cory says.
I smile and shake my head. "Definitely not."

Cory

I'm gonna have to admit, it does make me feel jealous when I see Max and Cass together. But I don't really have much of a reason to feel jealous, it's just a crush.
I take a sip of my coffee and move my eyes away from them, up to the TV which is playing the nightmare before Christmas.
I hear Cass make a noise and when I glance over, Max had moved her to the couch and is walking to the kitchen.
"Max!" She shouts and slumps in her seat. "What?" He calls back.
"I'm cold, hurry uppp,"
"No," Max says and walks out of the kitchen and goes to the bathroom with a doughnut in his hand.
"Max!" She shouts and pulls her sweater over her legs and sighs heavily.
"Is he being difficult to you?" Jess laughs.
"Yeah," Cass replies.
"That's normal. Don't be mad Max but I think you're being annoying Max!" Quentin calls from the kitchen.
"Quentin, how long have you been in there?" Cass calls.
"Not long, I came down a couple of minutes ago."
"Quentin, I'm gonna hurt you!" Max shouts. "Do it again!" Max shouts again.
"No thanks, I'm good!" Quentin yells back.

Cass

I see Max walk back over and I stay curled up in my sweater ball.
"Come here," Max says and gently pulls me over, one of his arms around me.
I sigh and direct my attention to the screen, where Jack is singing the what's this song.

-

I eventually fall asleep near the end of the movie, where the toys are coming to life in the houses.
I wake up again later, everyone staring at the screen.
I look up at it as well and notice they turned on home alone.
I scoot closer to Max and shift a bit to get comfortable.
"You awake again?" Max asks softly.
"Yeah, how long was I asleep?" I ask.
"Uh, about an hour? But you're fine, you didn't miss any presents being opened," Max says and rubs his thumb on my shoulder gently.
I smile and nod then look up at him. "I love you, Max." I say softly.
"I love you too," he replies and gives me a quick peck on the lips.
I make a pouty face and nudge him.
"What?" He asks and looks down at me again.
I tilt my head up slightly and kiss him.
He pulls away after a couple of seconds.
"Cass, you're gonna make me want to kiss you again," he whisper pouts.
"I've got no problem with that," I whisper and notice something get held over our heads.
"I dare you to do it," Ross says from behind us.
I pull my arms out of the sleeves of my sweater and cup Max' cheeks in my hands gently and pull his face down to mine and kiss him.
I feel my phone buzz once, then multiple times.
I pull away and look at my phone.

Skydoesstuff: I ship it ;)

I look at the comments and blink a few times.

She looks like a hoe.
Ew, that slut again?
Why is she fat?
Eww Max is gonna get infected.
I hope she gets cancer and dies.
Go cut your wrists.

I quickly stand up, and despite Max telling me to sit down, but I shove the door to the deck open and step outside.
I stare down at the snow, and a tear falls down into it. What did I do to deserve this?
I draw in a shaking breath and slowly let it out.
"Hey, Cass, you alright?"
I flinch at the sound of Max' voice and quickly wipe my tears away. Don't stutter..
I blink a couple of tears away and stare at the lake.
"Y-yeah, I'm fine.." I say softly. Shit.
"Cass," he repeats.
"Hm?" I ask softly.
"Don't lie to me. Come on, turn around."
I shake my head slowly and continue to stare at the lake, where snowflakes are falling down on it but melting as soon as they hit the waters surface.
I soon feel two hands gently grip my shoulders and turn me around then tilt my chin up and a pair of lips meet mine.
I immediately kiss him back, warm tears still falling down my cheeks.
After a few seconds Max pulls away and gently wipes the tears off my cheeks.
"Ignore what they say, Cass. Keep in mind that I love you, okay?" He asks, looking me in the eyes.
I nod slowly and smile a bit. "Okay."