40.

A/N: Ima cry at the end of this book.. It's gonna be a really sad ending and a really huge cliffhanger. Who here's gonna stay for the sequel?!

I sprint down the hall of the hotel, away from Max. I can hear the girls laughing along with Adam.
Someone steps out in front of me and grabs me. "Ah! Max-!" I scream and Max laughs.
I look up at who caught me and see Lachlan then smack his chest. "You ass!" I shout and shove him away.
I walk to Max and hug him tightly, which he then picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist, burying my face in the crook of his neck.
I breathe out of my nose and close my eyes, calming my pounding heart. Lachlan legitimately scared me, made me think someone was trying to kidnap me.
"I got her from here- night guys," Max says and the click of a door opening is heard, a door closing and something soft hits my back and Max's warmth leaves.
I open my eyes and see Max walking into the bathroom, probably to take a shower.
I sigh and curl up then close my eyes and fall asleep.

Max

I step out of the shower and pull on a pair of sweats and a t shirt and see Cass sleeping, curled up on top of the blankets.
I smile and slowly move her up a bit and lay beside her then wrap my arms around her and gently kiss her cheek.

Cass

I wake up the next morning, feeling warm breathing on the back of my neck and two arms holding me.
I turn around and face Max, who's sleeping, his hair in a mess.
I smile and run one of my hands through it, a smile appearing on his lips.
I flinch a bit but smile. "Morning, Max." I whisper.
"Morning," he whispers back and gently places a kiss on my lips.
I smile. "Morning." I whisper and bury my face in his chest.
I smile a bit and wrap my arms around him.
"You're perfect, you know that, right?" He whispers.
"No I'm not-" I say, smiling a bit.
"Cass."
"Max."
"Yes you are." He says and presses his lips to the top of my head.
I smile and breathe in. As weird as it may sound, I really like how Max smells.
Max gently runs his hand up and down my back, sending chills up my spine, his lips still pressed on top of my head.
I pull my head back and look up then kiss him and smile.
I love the feeling of his lips on mine. It's like we were supposed to fall in love.
I feel Max gently tangle his hands in my hair and I smile, running my hands down his back and grab the bottom of his shirt.
I feel him inhale sharply and I freeze.
Max gently grips the back of my head and holds me in place.
I draw in a slow breath and travel my hands up Max' back and bring them up to his hair which I gently run my hands through.
I want to continue kissing him, but sadly, humans have to breathe.
Max is the one to pull away and I smile and catch my breath, bringing my hands to Max' cheeks and gently running one of my thumbs over Max' bottom lip.
"I love you, Cass." He whispers.
"I love you too, Max." I whisper and kiss him again before gently slipping out of his grip and go get ready for PAX. (Outfit on top again. App used: polyvore)
I walk out of the bathroom a bit later and walk into the living room, finding Max already wearing his clothes.
My eyes linger on his necklace and I smile, touching the necklace he'd given me.
"You ready to go?" I ask, stopping in front of the door.
"Yeah," Max says and stands up then walks out the door with me following.

-

I take another selfie with a fan and she thanks me then walks off.
I smile and turn around then start walking.
I walk by a group of people who glance at me and they start whispering to each other.
"Isn't that Cass?"
"Yeah, I heard that she's cheating on Max with Lachlan.."
"She's such a hoe,"
"She's a slut."
"Guys, she lost her virginity to Lachlan two nights ago."
"She really is a slut."
"She's fat."
The word fat gets to me and I quickly run to the bathroom.
I throw my doughnut away and run into one of the stalls and put my hands over my face.
I have been seeing rude comments, but not that bad.
I'm still a virgin.
I never cheated.
I'm not a slut.
I'm not a hoe.
I'm.. Am I fat?
"Cass? Are you okay? I saw you run in here," I hear Alesa say.
"Yeah," I say, trying not to let my voice shake.
"Cass, come on out. Somethings up, I can tell."
I slowly stand up and sigh then push open the door and my eyes meet hers.
"I walked by a group of girls and.. They said I was cheating on Max.. They called me a hoe.. And a slut and.. They said I lost my virginity to Lachlan." I say and look down.
"Anything else?" She asks.
I shake my head and look up at her. "No." I say softly, not wanting to tell her about the part where they called me fat.
"Okay.. There's nothing I can really do, but, keep in mind, if Max hears those rumors, he'll know they aren't true. Lachlan lives in Australia, occasionally visiting the US, and you've been with Max for almost all of PAX. There's no way you could have lost your virginity to Lachlan." She says.
I nod and smile a bit. "Thanks, Alesa." I say, smiling.
"No problem. Go ahead and come out when you're ready." She says and leaves.
I make sure nobody's coming in and I quickly roll my shirt up, just above the belly button and poke and pinch at my stomach fat.
I'm gonna need to do something about that.
I turn and leave, immediately spotting Lachlan.
I stop and stare at him.
I walk up to him and grab his arm and pull him to the back VIP area.
"Lachlan, what do you know about the rumors?" I ask, narrowing my eyes.
"What rumors-"
"Don't test me Lachlan, what do you know?" I snap.
"What about the whole you cheating on Max thing- I don't know much. I've heard people saying that they saw you kissing me, they say I took your virginity or you took mine, that you're cheating on him-"
"Did you start the rumors?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.
"What- no! I would never start rumors like that." He replies and I swear, for a split second, his eyes are on my lips.
I release his wrist and push him away then turn. "Good." I say and start to leave, but someone pulls me back and a pair of firm lips are on mine.

Lachlan

I'd never start rumors like that. Not about taking someone's virginity. It must have been some fan that ships us, and got out of hand.
Cass turns and starts to leave, but without thinking, I grab her wrist and press my lips against hers.
I can tell she's not kissing back and I let go of her wrist.
She puts her hands on my chest and tries to push me away, but I place one of my hands on the back of her head.
One hard shove and I'm thrown into the wall behind me and Cass is running off.
Shit.