Chapter 14

Chapter 14- Kendall's POV

      Tess came out. "Go in. But be careful, I told her you were going on tour again." she whispered. Oh, this can't be good. See, I have a plan. It's a good plan. But only for me and Tessie of here.

      I walked in. "Hey..." I say awkwardly.  "How's my daughter been for you?" she asks sweetly. I know what she's doing. "She's been fine. It really did hurt her when Kara ditched her though." I say. I'm telling the truth. But leaving things out like her grades, how rehab affected her etc. Then the worst question pops up. "How has she really been throughout this whole thing?" her mother asks. I sighed. "To be honest, when she first heard, she wasn't okay. But I got her through it." I reply. I love Tess. She's like my child/sister/bestfriend. "Now what is this I hear about tour?" she asks. Here we go. "Yeah, I was thinking I could take her with me. I mean, it's gonna be summer, no school, no dance, and she gets to see the U.S." I say nervously. "Mhm...now explain more please." she's thinking about it, I don't know why I have to ask her. I have full guardianship over Tess. I could take her to Liechtenstien (tiny country in Europe) for all DCF and the court is concerned. "She'll be on a big tour bus with Logan, James, Carlos and me of course. And you don't have to worrry about them - they love Tess." I tell a little white lie. They don't exactly love her. They don't really see her as much because of school, but they like her.

       "Okay...I'm fine with it. Just don't loose my daughter anywhere." I can breathe now. "Does she even know about this?" Mrs. C asks. "No, guess it's a surprise now. And thanks." I say and start to head out. But I was stopped. "Thank you for loving my daughter when some other people couldn't" she finishes. I nod and leave.

      "So what happened?" Tess asked. "Oh nothing. Just talked about...things." I try and hide it. But T is smart, she knows when I'm hiding something. "Liek what?" she asks. 'It's a surprise don't tell her' is all I keep thinking. "Oh just discussing the Kara thing and um.." I can't lie. So I change the subject. "Wow we gotta go." I take the girls and start walking down to the elevator. She didn't talk again until we made it outside.

      "You wanted to get out of there fast." she points out. "Yeah, not a fan of hospitals of any kind. Come on, lets go get some lunch." whenever you need to change the subject - change it to food. "Okay....?" she says really confused. But she let it be.

Now  I just need to know when to tell her she's coming with.

_______________________________________________________________________________