Chapter 25

Sorry no updates, I had my first week of school and had volleyball try outs every day. EVERY DAY just to NOT MAKE THE FUCKIN TEAM CUZ IM A FRESHMAN

Anyway, since I'm not on the team I should have more time to upload

___________________________________________________

                                  Chapter 25 - Kendall's POV

     Tessa has been acting really strange and I want to know why. She left her phone on the the table, unlocked. Once she's gone I quickly take a look at what'sgoing on. I thought to my self 'Why hasn't she told me yet?' she's a 13 almost 14 year old girl. I don't understand how she could sit here and take this without any sort of reaction. This stuff is harsh.I heard her coming back so I quickly put her phone back where it was, and went to get food. I''m gonna play it down a little, just to see if she decides to tell me herself. I grabbed my food and went into the back again. James had left because he had to go feed Fox or something like that. I don't really care.

    "You sure you're okay? You seem kind of weird lately." I ask for the millionth time this week. "I'm fine. Would you chill? And haven't you noticed I'm a weird person by now?" she laughed. I always love hearing her laugh becase it means she's happy. But that was the most forced laugh I have ever heard. "Are you sure?" I ask her. "Yes I'm sure." she responds for forcefully. I have an idea. I took out my phone and took a quick picture of her. "That better not go anywhere." she said. I fthe hate wasn't happening she wouldn't care. "Why do you care?" I ask her. "Because." she said, avoiding looking at me. "Because you don't want people to have material to hate on you." I say and look right at her. I saw her eyes widen. "What are you talking about?" she asked slowly. "I saw what people said." she still won't look at me. "How and when did you see it?" she asks. "I just saw it a minute ago." I avoid the 'how' part. "Yeah, but how?" she got harsh. I sit quiet. "You looked at my phone. I leave for FIVE SECONDS and invade y privacy?" what did I tell you? She knows everything. I swear. I also understand why she's mad at me. "I was just trying to help you." I defend myself. "You're not gonna help! Looking through my phone isn't helping! It's being nosie and annoying!" she threw her plate down onto the table and starts to walk away. "I'm not done! Stay right here little girl." I sound like a 40 something year old parent. Ugh, someone has to do the discipline...right? "I'm not a little girl." she fights back. "Well you are to me. I am your new guardian - aka your new parent. So you have to listen to me." I brought the law into this. Good. Just. Good one Kendall. "First of all you will never be my 'new parent'. Second of all, just leave me alone!" she yelled and stormed into her bunk. I walk out and see everyone staring at me. "Yes, this is what I now call 'my life'." I say angrily and sit down.

"I got this."

__________________________

        Tessa's POV

    I cannot believe he stuck his giant nose in my business like that. Yeah, I know it was harsh to say he would never be my new parent, but I'm seriously pissed! If I wanted him to find out and help me and feel sorry for me I would've told him. Did I? No. Did I want to? HAYULL NO. Just then, someone cae by my bunk. "T, open up it's James." he says softly. I peek out and see he's closed both sets of doors. "What?" I mumble. "Why didn't you tell anybody?" he asked me. "Because I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. Because it's not." I look down. "It is a big deal. To us at least. We don't want you upset or hurt. And we can stop it. Believe me." James said. "Now lets talk about the phone thing." he moves on. "It was an invasion of privacy and it was wrong," he paused. That means there's more. "But, he was trying to help you. So you need to forgive him for that." James looks straight at me. I feel like he's staring into my soul right now. "Whatever. I'll talk to him later. I'm drained." I pull my blanket up. James justnds and goes to the front.

    I woke up and looked at my phone. 1:17am. Woah. I went to the front to see if anybody was awake. Sure enough, it's Kendall. As soon as he saw me he stood up. "We kinda need to have a little talk." he said sorta...glum. Probably not the best choice of words but you get the idea. I sat down near him. "Listen, I feel like my job now is to protect you and try to help you with things. I mean, I was made your new 'guardian' for a reason. But when I knew you weren't acting normal, I had to find out why to see if you were going to be okay. And if it keeps up, you may not have been. I didn't want to have to look through your phone to find out. But I did." his voice was low. "It's fine.." I say quietly. "And I didn't mean that whole parent thing, you probably take better care of me than my mom did." I try to chuckle at the end.

    He pulled me over to him. I burried my face in his chest. "Be honest, were you upset when you saw people didn't really like you?" he asked me. "I don't know. I was kind of shocked that man people could hate me." I try to add a lighter tone of voice to that. Nope, didn't work. "T, listen to me, you're perfect. And believe me when I say I know all of your insecurities." he thinks he's so clever. "How?" I ask him. I didn't tell Kendall any of them.

    "Just by the way you look at yourself in the mirror. I know you think your thighs are too big," he adjusts me on his lap. "I know you're embarassed of the bags under your eyes. I know you think your maguffies (another word  for boobs don't ask, my mom just calls them that all the time) are too small and you use up all of my quilted toilet paper to stuff your bra." he laughs at the end. "Big shocker here T, a lot of girls do that. That's why they invented plastic surgeons and silicone." he jokes. I giggle."And you think you're too short, but I like to say fun size." he pauses. "There's nothing wrong with you. Or your thighs, or your height. OR our teeth. Yes, I know about that one too." he chuckles at the end. "Thank you Kendall, not just for this, but for protecting me." I say, and he hugs me for a while. "I think you should go back to bed." he says, sitting up and looking at the clock. "I don't want to be alone." I whine."Okay." he says lightly, and reclines back on the couch, and continues to hold me until I fall asleep.

_______________________________________

Tell me what ya think!

Oh and I just finised typing the last chapter of this book (there will be a sequel) and I love it.

Of course I will make revisions to upcoming chapters if you have any suggestions

other than that

type your thoughs!! XP