2

It was time for gym class, the last lesson of the day and both Jimin and Hoseok were on their way to the hall. When Jimin returned to the group, he was mad at Jungkook but the couple eventually made up even though he was still slightly annoyed at the younger's behaviour.

"I don't know what happened to Jungkook at lunch.. That wasn't like him" Jimin commented as he and Hoseok entered the changing rooms. "I know. And Taehyung seems like a nice guy. The others were fine with him but I guess he can't hang out with us if Kookie is acting like that" Hoseok replied.

As they headed to their usual spots in the changing room, a certain brunet entered which caught their attention. "Oh, Taehyung!" Jimin beckoned the younger towards him. "H-Hey.."

"Hi~ I'm really sorry about what happened at lunch.. I'd like it if we could still try to be friends" Hoseok said with a warm smile, causing Jimin to smile at his friend's kindness. "Thanks" Taehyung said in response, half heartedly smile. He still wasn't fully over what happened.

After that incident, he met up with his childhood friend that used to attend his old school- Kim Namjoon- which made him feel a bit better but after seeing Hoseok and Jimin again, it just reminded him of the whole situation.

"Again, Taehyung-ah I'm really sorry" Jimin apologized but the younger simply shook his head. "You have nothing to apologize for, don't worry. I'm fine" Jimin simply nodded his head before they all began to get changed.

During lunch, although he had Namjoon with him, people were constantly saying hurtful remarks about him and spreading rumours- purposely being loud so he could hear all of them. He was beginning to think that coming to this school wasn't such a smart idea after all.

"Taehyung-ah, are you ready?" Jimin asked, snapping the younger out of his thoughts. "H-Huh? Oh, yeah. Shall we go?" The older nodded before the two headed to the gym with Hoseok. They were playing cricket today, something Taehyung dreaded. He was hopeless at the sport.

Jimin and Hoseok, on the other hand, were excited to play. Hoseok partnered up with Mark and Jimin with Taehyung.

"Okay listen up guys. For a warm up exercise, pair up and simply bowl the ball to the batter and practice hitting and bowling. We'll do a team match at the end but first just familiarise yourself with the basics. I know some of you haven't played in a long time" The coach instructed which was a slight relief for Taehung.

"Come on, let's start" Jimin said as he dragged the younger to go get a cricket bat and ball. "I should warn you, I don't know how to play. I used to sit out on gym class because I'm not very athletic" Taehyung admitted shyly, slightly embarrassed.

"Oh, okay. I'll help you then. I helped Hoseok hyung when he didn't know and know he's pretty good so you're in good hands. You can start off with batting." The older handed a bat to the brunet and helped him with his stance. Taehyung clearly didn't know which way to hold it, causing Jimin to chuckle. "No," He stood behind him, his arms loosely wrapping around him as he also held onto the bat. "This is how you hold it"

Jimin positioned Taehyung's hands, his own on top of the younger's. "Keep your knees bent and stand a bit sidewards" The younger blushed slightly as he realised how close Jimin was to him. To him, it was embarrassing.

For Jimin, though, it was normal. He had done this with all his friends when he was teaching them how to play, including Hoseok.

As they were doing this, the rest of the class was staring at them and began chatting amongst themselves.

"What's going on with Jimin and the new kid?"

"Don't tell me he's seducing Jimin too"

"He's such a whore, going after someone who's already taken"

Taehyung paused as he could hear almost everyone in the hall saying bad things about him. He lightly pushed Jimin away, surprising the older. He walked over to the teacher, trying his hardest to ignore the comments made about him and all the eyes on him.

"Sir, can I please go to the bathroom?" He asked, eyes on the ground. The teacher noticed what was going on with the other students and so let him. "Quieten down, class. And yes, you can go Taehyung" As the brunet left, Jimin watched him with sad eyes. He hated that he couldn't do anything for the younger.

~

After school

Taehyung was just about to leave the school gates when he heard his name being called. He turned around and saw Jimin and his friends walking towards him. Unfortunately for him, Jungkook was also there. He wanted to smile and greet them but decided it would be best to not interact with them.

"I'm really sorry about today" Jimin spoke up, his hand holding onto Jungkook's. The youngest was simply glaring at Taehyung. "It's fine, you don't have to apologise. You've been the nicest person to me here and I'm really greatful because of that" The brunet replied with a small smile.

His eyes then fell upon Jungkook who looked like he would kill him any moment. "I know you probably don't like me but I just want you to know that I'm not anything like how I was before.. I've really changed" He said sincerely to the maknae who simply rolled his eyes.

"As if I'd believe that.. Just put a hot guy in front of you and you'll be all over him in seconds. And Park Jimin is off limits, you got that? Stay away from him" Jungkook warned, the rest of the group letting out a sigh. The maknae was being way too harsh to Taehyung.

"I have no intentions like that with Jimin, he's just a fr-"

"I don't care. Because you're not going anywhere near him anymore. Stay away from all of us" Jungkook interrupted. Jimin heaved a sigh of irritation, rolling his eyes. He felt like Taehyung was being mistreated all day and now his own boyfriend was joining in.

"Cut him some slack, Kookie. He's had a rough day and I'm pretty sure you're not helping" Jimin said with a small frown. Jungkook gave his boyfriend a what-did-you-just-say look, not impressed that he's sticking up for the wrong person.

Taehyung noticed this and decided to cut in.

"Look, Jimin. I'm really happy for today. I will never forget what you've done for me and that you're probably the only person in the school willing to put my past behind me. But I don't think we should be friends. It's clearly not working and I don't want to be in the middle of somewhere I'm not wanted. Goodbye Park Jimin"

Jimin wanted to say something but Jungkook squeezed his hand lightly, as if to tell him not to speak. Just then, a silver haired boy in scruffy uniform approached the group and put his arm around Taehyung. "What's going on here? Don't tell me these guys are picking on you" The boy scowled.

"No, they're not. They're nice people, I was just saying goodbye. Namjoon hyung, let's go" Taehyung smiled at Jimin one last time before walking off with his friend. The group of boys watched silently until the two were out of sight. No one really spoke after that.

"Jimin-ah, are you okay?" Hoseok asked, placing his hand on the red head's shoulder. "Hyung, it's for the best. Everyone knows what he's like" Jungkook spoke but Jimin didn't bother replying to either of them. "Let's go home, it looks like it's about to rain" He said as he began walking ahead.

~

A/N: poor tae baby, joonie will comfort you for now