18

"Tae, you don't have to tell me if you're not ready" Jimin spoke, gently squeezing the younger's hand. Taehyung shook his head, a faint smile on his lips. "No, I want to. Jimin, I feel like you will never truly understand me unless I tell you about my past. And I don't want to start a relationship with someone who doesn't know the real me"

Jimin let out a small sigh, nodding his head. "I'm all ears" Taehyung tore his eyes away from the boy in front of him, mentally preparing himself to relive his past. He took a deep breath in, slowly exhaling, before beginning to speak.

"My first boyfriend, Haemin, was an old friend of Namjoon hyung's. To be honest, Namjoon hyung wasn't really a fan of his, he was one of those friends who he was on good terms with but he wasn't that close with. And Namjoon hyung became more wary of him when we started dating, which I was grateful for because that meant he was very protective over me"

Jimin intently listened, watching as Taehyung's mood suddenly darkened. "And then that day came, the day that we were going to take our relationship to the next level." The latter said, a small frown on Jimin's face as he heard that. "I was ready. I thought I loved him and I was excited to have him be my first. I just didn't expect him to be a complete dickhead and record us"

Jimin's eyes widened as he heard that, his lips parting from shock. "He fucking recorded you?!" He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Yeah. And being the asshole that he is, he then used that video as blackmail to out me to my parents. He used me as payment for anything he owed anybody. If he had to pay for cigarettes or drugs, his payment would be me spending the night with the person otherwise he'd send that video out to everybody and post it online"

Jimin was absolutely furious with what he was hearing. What kind of a person would do something so vile? "And that went on for about a year or so. I distanced myself from Namjoon hyung and isolated myself from everyone I loved whilst this was all happening. After a while, hyung forced himself back into my life and made me talk. And I am really grateful he came back because I could finally tell somebody what happened"

Taehyung sighed. This was the first time in years that he was opening up about this. "Once Namjoon hyung found out, he was raging. He headed straight to wherever Haemin was and ended up getting into a huge fight which led him to be expelled. That's why he came to this school"

Jimin was slowly understanding the situation a bit more as the pieces of information began to fit together. "But.. what about the video?" He questioned. "Namjoon hyung managed to delete the video from his camera and the backup he had on his laptop and I wasn't blackmailed anymore. But it didn't matter. By that time, I had already slept with so many guys and a reputation had been built" Taehyung replied.

"I couldn't handle all the snide comments and remarks being made about me without Namjoon hyung there. I was completely alone. So it didn't take long for me to transfer here too so I could be with Namjoon hyung"

The two fell silent for a moment as Jimin took in all this information. Everything made so much more sense- the sleeping around, the Taehyung that Jimin knew in comparison to what others saw, his relationship with Namjoon, everything.

"I knew it" Jimin spoke, momentarily confusing Taehyung. "I knew from the day I met you that everyone was wrong, that there had to be more to the story. I mean, I never would've guessed any of what you told me, but I knew there was more to you, Taehyung"

He gently cupped Taehyung's cheek, shuffling close towards the boy. "Thank you for telling me this, Tae. Thank you for trusting me. And I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I'm really grateful that you had Namjoon hyung to look out for you but let me tell you something, from now on, you also have me" He spoke, causing a small to creep up on Taehyung's lips.