16

It was Friday lunchtime and Jimin had entered the cafeteria, his eyes landing on a table full of his friends. Taking in a deep breath, he made his way towards the group who were chatting amongst themselves. Jungkook noticed Jimin approach the table, his smile slowly fading as the chatter died down.

Seokjin noticed this and cleared his throat, attempting to break the awkward silence. "Hey Jimin, take a seat" He smiled. "No, I'm good. I just came to tell you guys that my parents are throwing me a birthday party and you're all invited. I hope you can come" Jimin stated, his eyes locking with Jungkook's as he spoke.

"Free food? I'm in" Hoseok replied, earning a light slap on the leg from Seokjin. "And Jungkook," Jimin added, his eyes not leaving the younger's. "You're still invited and I'd like you to come but I completely understand if you don't come. You don't have to if you don't want to"

The group subtly shifted their eyes to the youngest of the group, anticipating his answer. After a few moments, Jungkook let out a sigh. "Look, Jimin, I'm tired of feeling so bitter and angry with you. I'm willing to put it all in the past. It hurt and I'm not going to forget it, but I can put it past us and hopefully we can start to be civil again. So I'll come" He replied, a relief to the group.

Jimin smiled gratefully, very appreciative of that fact that Jungkook was being so mature about this despite the fact that he had hurt him. "Thank you, Jungkook. That really means a lot to me" The younger smiled slightly before looking away.

"But," Jimin spoke up once again. "Yeah young will be there. I mean, we're not really speaking to each other but his father is my fathers boss and my mother invi-"

"It's okay, Jimin. I don't care. You can date him and I still wouldn't care. I don't want you back so you can date whoever and I don't hate Taehyung. So he can be there" Jungkook replied nonchalantly, surprising his friends. They didn't expect him to get over this whole situation so quickly.

Jungkook simply returned to eating his lunch without a care in the world. "Great. So I'll see you guys tomorrow then" Jimin said before turning around to leave.

"Jimin"

He stopped upon hearing Jungkook's voice.

"Sit down and join us"

A small smile crept upon his lips as he heard that. Nodding his head, he turned back around and took a seat at the table beside Hoseok, who soon started up a conversation about a new business idea he had thought of.

- - -

Namjoon was waiting for Taehyung by the front gates after school had ended, leaning against the metal bars as he was playing on his phone. "Fucking green pigs, die already" He mumbled to himself.

A crowd of students began rushing out of the school, shouting and screaming as they left the premises. Namjoon looked up and frowned at the younger students, unamused by the noise they were making. He was wondering why they were all rushing out as a huge crowd but it made sense since it was a Friday.

A couple of students began shoving each other, accidentally shoving Seokjin, who was walking out of the gates, into Namjoon who was leaning against them. Seokjin let out a small yelp as he came into contact with the silver haired boy who he was now pressed up against.

Namjoon stared down at the older who had gripped onto his shirt to gain his balance. "S-Sorry, Namjoon" His eyes landed upon the brunet's pink lips, causing his to gulp. "No, it's fine. I-It's not your fault" They stood there in that position for a few moments, silently staring at each other before they heard someone clearing their throat.

Seokjin quickly let go of the silver haired boy, jumping to the side and brushing himself off. "Sorry to interrupt you guys" Taehyung spoke, a small smirk on his lips. "You weren't interrupting anything" Namjoon replied, rolling his eyes.

"Sure, whatever. Are we gonna go shopping now?" Taehyung asked, glancing over at a very embarrassed Seokjin. "Yeah, let's go. Seokjin, I'll see you around?" The said boy nodded his head, smiling slightly, trying to avoid eye contact.

Before the two left, Jimin arrived, rushing towards Seokjin. "Hyung! There's a spider in my backpack, take it out!" He yelled, frantically taking off his backpack, throwing at the older who rolled his eyes.

"Why are you giving it to me?!" Jin threw the bag back to Jimin who yelled once again.

Taehyung and Namjoon watched this, finding it quite amusing. "Give it here" Namjoon said as he took the bag off of Jimin, opening it up to take out the spider.

Taehyung smiled slightly as he watched Jimin panic over the spider, staying far away from the backpack.

'Cute'

"Here you go" Namjoon said, returning the bag to a very thankful Jimin. "I owe you one, hyung"

Taehyung chuckled before tugging on Namjoon's sleeve. "Come on, let's go now" He said, saying goodbye to Jin and Jimin before grabbing on to the silver haired boy's hand as they walked away.

- - - -

"So what does he like?" Namjoon questioned as he and Taehyung were wandering through the shopping centre. "Well.. a lot of things. But I was thinking of getting something useful for him. He recently lost his headphones that he saved up a long time for so I was thinking of buying him some new ones"

Namjoon smiled at that, finding it sweet how the two cared about each other so much. "How cute. Okay then, let's go to that electronic store" He said, dragging the younger inside.

They headed towards the section where the headphones were kept, Taehyung searching for that particular one that he was looking for. He smiled brightly as soon as that certain pair of headphones came into sight. "These are the ones!" He eagerly said.

"Which colour are you going to buy?"

"Well Jimin had the black ones but he originally said that he wanted the gold ones which were out of stock at the time. So should I get the gold?" Taehyung queried, glancing between the two colours.

"I think the gold ones would be nicer. I mean he originally wanted them so that makes sense. But he did grow to like the black one a lot. But the gold.."

He spoke to himself for a while, trying to figure out which of the two were the better option. Eventually, he decided on the gold pair, taking them to the cashier. "I really hope Jimin likes them" He said to Namjoon who smiled.

"You know, Jimin would like anything that came from you. He's literally in love with you" He commented, causing Taehyung to pause for a moment.

"What?"

"Don't tell me you don't see it? He was smitten by you the moment he saw you, now he's head over heels for you. Don't be surprised if you hear it from him soon" Namjoon commented, making the younger slightly nervous.

"You really think he feels that way?" He questioned as he paid for the headphones, leaving the store. "Of course. But... what about you?"

"What about me?"

"Do you feel the same way?"

Taehyung heaved a sigh, staring at the ground as they walked. "I'm not sure. I admit that I've always felt a special connection between us but I have no idea what falling in love feels like. I've never felt that way before. Especially not after what happened in our old school"

Namjoon put his arm around the younger. "Trust me, Jimin is nothing like Haemin or anyone else in that school. He genuinely cares for you so if you were to fall in love with someone, I really hope it'll be him"

Taehyung nodded his head, smiling slightly.

"I hope so too"

—-

A/N: trying to finish this story soon :))

I posted a message on my board kind of explaining my small hiatus but I'm back and I really wanna write again.

stay tuned guysss 🧡