9. Revenge Is Sweet If It Isn't You

Ashley's P.O.V.

            The rest of the school day is exactly how it was earlier, full of whispering, rumors, and people ignoring me.  As much as I want to start spreading rumors about Ashton, Luke, David, Vanessa, Jessica, and Brenda, I know it'll be no use.  They have almost everyone on their side. 

            Today, I have cheer leading practice, so I'm not going home right away.  I head off to the girl's locker room so I can change into my shorts and t-shirt.  As soon as I walk in, all of the girls avert their heads so they're not even looking at me.  Whatever.  They can't ignore me forever.  I am their captain after all.

            We all finish getting into our change of clothes and then go out to the football field to work on our drills and routine.  At first, no one wants to listen to me, so I'm doing the whole thing on my own.  After their continual refusal to listen to me, our cheer leading coach yells at them to start listening to me or they're getting kicked off the team.  They all start to cooperate then.

            From that point on, things go pretty well.  No one mouths off at me or disobeys my orders.  I feel like I'm back on top again with all the power I have.  I could make them make fools of themselves, but I'm not going to stoop to their level.

            We practice for about two hours and then head in to take showers and change.  I decide to wonder in last because I rather not interact with any of the girls.  I stay outside for about 20 minutes while everyone is inside changing and showering.  After 20 minutes, I decide that most of them should've left so I can go in now. 

            I walk back inside and into the girl's locker room where I take a 10 minute shower.  Everyone has left by now so I have the locker room all to myself.  I get out of the shower and grab my towel.  I look around for my things.  They're not there.  Not a single thing of mine is where it was.  I  continue to look around holding the towel tightly against me and shiver a little.  I never realized how cold the locker room is until now.

            Not wanting to face defeat, I continue to  search for five more minutes and then I decide to walk back over to the bathroom part of the locker room to search some more.  I'm walking past the mirror when I notice there is a sticky note sticking to it. 

            I walk over and read it.  It says, "Where's your stuff Ashley?  I guess you shouldn't have messed with us. - Brenda."

            Of course it would be her!  She's so mean!  Now I have no clothes, no cell phone, no nothing!  Well, at least I do have a towel.  I rip the sticky note off the mirror rip it into shreds and then leave the locker room.

            I'll just walk to my car in a towel.  I get outside and I'm ready to scream.  I just realized I don't have my car key because it was in my purse, but that isn't what completely drives me over the edge.  My brand new car has spray painted swear words and things written about me all over my car.  I am beyond outraged now!  No more nice Ashley!  Now it's time for the mean side of me to show!

            Jessica, Brenda, and Vanessa better watch out!  I know it was the three of them.  The guys would never participate in something like this, especially since they aren't suppose to go into the girl's locker room.  Although, the note is signed by Brenda, I guarantee the other two were eager to help.  They're like her minions and will do whatever she says. 

            I walk over to the car and examine how much damage has been done to it when someone comes up behind me and grabs me from behind.  What, they're going to kidnap me now too?  When will they get enough of their childish behavior?  Then, I realize that the body is very strong so I'm thinking it's a male.  Is it Ashton perhaps?  Maybe David?  Or could it be that two-timer, Luke?  I start to struggle and everything, but they don't let go.

            If this is Luke, I swear that he better run when I get free.  I will not be his play toy and I will not let him walk all over me.  I know how to show Luke.  Even if he isn't the whole holding on to me, I'll get back at him even more, with Riley's help of course.  Luke will be wishing he never messed with me.  The others will too.  I'll gain the trust of the rest of the school and tell them why we should take down the populars.