1. Dirty Little Secrets

Ashley's P.O.V.

            I sigh and finally manage to pull myself out of bed.  I walk over to my vanity and sit on the stool sitting in front of it.  My hair is an absolute mess thanks to my constant tossing and turning in my sleep.  I'm not a very good sleeper and it definitely shows. 

            My hair is such a mess!  I carefully run a hand through my bed head.  My hair is a tangled mess of blonde hair.  I then look at my eyes.  There are little rings under my eyes from my lack of sleeping.  This whole situation is really gaining on me and stressing me out.  I look like some random homeless hobo on the street.  Joy.

            Walking over to my dresser, I pick out a cute outfit consisting of this cute black casual dress that I bought not to long ago and a white scarf to hang around my neck.  I grab the clothes and walk into my bathroom.  I brush my teeth and wash my face before entering the shower. 

            When I get out I slowly get dressed trying to make time go slower, but unfortunately no one can control time.  After I'm dressed, I fixed my blonde hair so it falls in waves around my face that shape it perfectly.  Now comes the make-up.  I put on some blush, eye liner, mascara, eyeshadow, and some lip gloss. 

           After walking out of the bathroom I start rummaging through my closet.  After analyzing how my outfit would look with a few different shoes, I finally decide to wear a pair of cute black flats.  I look in the mirror.  I strike some poses in the mirror before deciding that I look presentable enough. 

            I head downstairs to find my mom and dad sitting at the kitchen table.  Oh great.  I hope there won't be another awkward conversation today.  My parents are extremely nosy of my personal life and it drives me nuts!  I'm a seventeen year old girl in her last year of high school, and should be treated like an adult. 

            "Hi sweetheart!"  my mom gushes at me as I walk into the kitchen.  "Well don't you look cute today!"

            Ok..this is awkward.  Here we go again, my mother is treating me like I'm still a child for the millionth time.  Well, I'm not and I don't appreciate how she always babies me.  I've done quite a bit for my age, actually.  I've been to tons of parties and I've done stuff that I'm not proud of too.  Clearly, I'm not my their sweet, innocent little girl anymore.

            I can honestly say that I am still a virgin and haven't taken any drugs or drank alcohol, but that's only for my aunt's sake.  Most kids are closest to their parents.  Not me.  My aunt Linda has been like my true mother.  She knows and understands me and has always supported me.  She knows me better than my parents do put together.  I really wish she was here now, but she lives about an hour away.

            "Thanks," I say putting on a fake smile so my mom thinks everything is alright. 

            I scarf down my breakfast, so I can leave the house as fast as possible.  I really don't like being near my parents.  My mom is overly perky and thinks she's like 20 or something, while my dad just ignores both of us.  I don't want to go to school, but maybe it might be better than staying at home.

            With my bag on my back, I rush out the door without saying bye.  As I'm leaving, I notice my neighbor getting into his car too.  What's his name?  I don't remember.  All I know is that he's in my grade and falls under the classification of a nerd.  I rush into my fancy sports car, so he doesn't have time to say anything to me. 

            I put my key in the ignition and start my car.  There's about 30 minutes to get to school before the late bell will ring.  I don't need another tardy to get me another lecture from my parents.  I'm really not looking forward to this, but there's no sense in holding off the inevitable. 

            Driving to school  takes me about ten minutes and somewhat clears my mind.  I pull into my designated parking spot and turn off my car, and decided to sit there for a while.  While I was driving, it was like I wasn't even there.  I was so lost in thought that physically I was driving my car, but mentally I was in my own little world.  Good thing there wasn't much traffic today. 

            I get out of my car and quietly shut the door.  No one needs to know I'm hear already.  I start walking to the front door of the school when my "friends" call over to me.  They're all surrounding Ashton and his new car.  Ashton and I have been dating for about two months now.  Any girl at our school or probably any girl in the world would love to date Ashton. 

            The catch is, he's just a pretty boy though.  I know it sounds mean and all, and when we originally started dating I thought he was amazing, but that was until I realized who he really is.  He's captain of the lacrosse team and has an eight pack, is incredibly rich, has gorgeous blue eyes, and of course the softest and silkiest brown hair that is always messy and hangs in his face.  He looks like a dream boy, but in truth, he surely isn't, at least not mine. 

            Standing with Ashton is Brenda, Luke, David, Jessica, and Vanessa.  They are all my "friends."  They don't know that I am aware of how they actually feel about me though.  I hesitantly walk over to them.  I'm going to hang out with them and not say anything because they are all I have.  As much as I'd love to show them that I know their dirty little secrets and blurt them to the whole school, I won't because I can't stand to be alone.  This is a list of each of their dirty little secrets.

 Ashton - My current boyfriend; likes to make out instead of talk; not a virgin; I found out that he's been cheating on me with every other girl in school who meets his standards; has a bad temper; not the smartest crayon in the box; a jerk; a player; a liar; a drunk; mean; druggie; etc.. 

Brenda - My "friend"; thinks she's all that; not a virgin; cheater; liar; stuffs her bra; anorexic; mean; liar; ditsy; bad temper; etc..

Luke - Same as Ashton except he's one of my ex-boyfriends

David - Same as Luke and Ashton, also an ex-boyfriend

Jessica - Same as Brenda

Vanessa - Same as Brenda and Jessica

            Wow..there's a pattern isn't there? Anyway, if they aren't nice to me today, I'm losing them and making sure everyone knows how they actually are.  People deserve to know.  I don't guarantee they'll listen to me, but I'll find a way to make them believe. 

Author's Note

Ok, so once again, not much has happened, but I promise next chapter things will start happening.  I just wanted to show you how Ashley's "friends" are and spill some dirty little secrets about them, if they are in fact little. Anyway, thanks for reading!  Hope you like it!  It'll pick up soon! :)