The Secret Keeper

~Ty~

I felt something poke me on my side and I moaned. “Tyler wake up.”

I looked up and saw my mother, fully dressed in her scrubs and everything, staring down at me with happiness and that motherly smile. “Just gimme like five minutes. Kay mom?” I murmured, turning over on my side.

She sighed and got up. “Well you still have to take your brothers to school, and drop you sister off at daycare.”

“Can’t they take the train? The twins are old enough.”

“Well they are. But seeing that you still don’t have a gift for Lani on your anniversary, I’d go ahead and pick some roses up at the flower spot near Sierra’s daycare.”

My eyes flew open. “Shit! I forgot all about it,” I threw the covers off of me and shot out of bed.

“Ooh!” I looked over and saw my baby sister in the door way with a Cinderella nightgown on, and her fluffy brown hair sticking out like a lion’s mane. “Ty said a bad word!”

I roared and picked her up. “Come here you little bugger.” She screamed as I threw her over my shoulder. “Thanks mom.” I kissed her cheek and walked out of my shared room with my twin brothers Trey and Freddy. They were already out, Freddy in the shower and Trey on the toilet, while my poor little sister had to wait.

“Ty put me down!” she screamed.

“Fee! Fi! Fo! Fum!” I shouted, stomping around our apartment. “I smell the blood of a Englishman!”

“No! Ty!” she screamed in laughter and beat my back wither tiny fists. “I’m not and Englishman!”

“Be he live or be he dead,” we were in our living room now, and I was right in front of the couch. “I’ll grind his bones to make my bread!” I threw her down and started tickling her.

She screamed and laughed, trying to push my giant hands away. “Ty! St-stop it!” she shouted.

“Hey!” a loud voice boomed behind me. I turned and saw my step-dad, Felix, shirtless, and letting his hairy pot belly spill over his pants. “Stop all that racket! It’s too early in the morning for that.” He went back in my mother’s room and slammed the door.

“He’s one to talk,” I said under my breath. I picked up Sierra and set her down on the ground. “Alright princess. Go get dressed and I’ll do your hair for you, okay?”

“Okay!” and she ran off to her room.

I sighed, still having no idea why my mother was married to that ass wipe of a father. Step-father. Walking over to the bathroom, I saw my mom walk out of my room with something in her hand. Noticing my interest in it, she held up a used condom, with the full package still inside.

“I’m going to have a talk with one of your brothers about this,” she said, walking to the trash in the kitchen. “They’re only fifteen, Ty! They shouldn’t be…not at that age.”

“Sorry mom,” I said, rubbing the back of my head. “That’s…uh...mine. I brought Lani over here last night while you and Felix were at that dinner thing.”

“Oh thank God,” she exhaled; clearly relived that it wasn’t one of my brothers. She tossed it in the trash and started washing her hands.

“Mom that’s disgusting,” I told her, the thought of would be babies on her hands.

She snickered. “I’m a nurse. I’ve had worse that semen on my hands.”

“Okay mom! That’s-that’s-that’s…thank you for that image in my head.”