Shopping Madness

~Troy~

What the hell was wrong with me? Why didn’t I ditch this girl when she fell asleep? Why did I even say I felt bad? I never felt bad about sex. And it wasn’t like it was bad or anything. I don’t know. There was something about her, something in the way she moved. Like her walk, and how she talked. It was so annoying. Her voice high pitched and it scratched my ears every time she said something.

She was walking confidently down the street next to me. I didn’t even know her name. should I ask? I guess it would be the right thing to do since we’re going to be sticking together.

“Um, my name’s Suzanne,” she told me.

“Really? Suzanne?

“What’s wrong with that?” she asked defensively.

“Nothing. I just thought your name would be something like Ko or something Asian like that. I don’t know.”

She laughed. “Fisrt of all Ko is my last name. And secondly you need to work on your stereotypes.”

“Whatever. Remember you’re still walking on a thin line with me.” We walked again in silence. I ran my fingers through my hair and shoved my hand in my pocket.  

We went to a grocery store that was pretty close to my old school. I had no idea why we were there, or why we had walked in that direction. But that's where we were. And we were hungry. And funky as hell. God we stank. Sweat and all the other smells just made me want to throw up.

We got into the store and naturally everything was already gone, like the eggs and the bread and milk. There were still canned foods there though. Like the Campbell’s soup and corn. Stuff like that were stacked on the shelf.

“We need to get some of that stuff,” Suzanne said, pointing at it. She grabbed a basket and I started laughing. “What?”

“You’re actually grabbing a basket. That’s hilarious.”

“Well lets see if you can hold all of that in your arms, Mr. Big Shot.” She had a point. But I didn’t let her know that. I just kept laughing and she rolled her eyes and started dumping the cans in the basket.

I watched her from where I was standing. She looked like she just woke up. Her hair was a mess and, her clothes were messy. She was trying to reach something up top, and she…she was just so sexy. My eyes grazed over her body. I bit my bottom lip as I though about last night. The kisses…embraces…our bodies pressing against each other…

“Excuse me?” she said.

I snapped out of it and let go of my lip. “Huh?”

“Can you help me?”

“Why can’t you do it yourself?”

“Hello? Do you see how short I am? I can’t reach up there and if you don’t help me, then you don’t eat.”

“I’ll just eat what you have in there.”

“I won’t let you.”

“I’ll take it from you.”

“I won’t let you.”

“Then I’ll leave you and find my own food.” We stared each other down for a while. This was amusing. She knew how to treat me. I liked it.

She grunted and threw her arms up. “Can you just please grab these cans? There’s not a lot of them, you don’t even have to get all of them.”

I chuckled and walked over to her and started grabbing the cans that she couldn’t reach. “Jesus. Even when the world is ending the woman has to do the shopping.”