Morning After

~Suzanne~

I woke up with bed sheets lightly grazing my body. The sun was warming my skin as I sat up and stretched out my arms and legs. My head was actually pounding from memories of yesterday.

I didn't want to remember though. I tried my best to block them out aa I yawned and looked around. I was in an abandoned penthouse. It was pretty nice. Very very modern but still nice, even though everything was tossed around, and clothes were everywhere. I mean there were jeans…shirts…my sweats?

I looked down and saw the sunlight shining on my naked body. I screamed and covered myself up with my hands. I heard a moan next to me. “Shut up,” it said. It was the boy from yesterday. The one with the gauges and the tattoos who kept looking at my boobs.

“I’m sorry I was so mean earlier. It’s just that…well I’m just so lost, and the world is ending. I’ll never know what a woman’s touch will feel like.”

How stupid was I? I banged my head on my hand and grunted. “Jesus Christ didn’t I tell you to shut up?” he said sitting up. The bed sheets slid off of his body, giving me full a display of his Calvin Klein/Hollister model-type body. His blonde hair was severly toussled by his-I mean my-hands running through them.

He looked over at me with heavy, irritated eyes, and suddenly a wave of anger rushed through me. So I did the only thing I could do in that situation. I slapped him. “You tricked me into having sex with you!”

“I wouldn’t have done it if you hadn’t agreed to it.” He said rubbing his cheek. “That’s the difference between consent and rape my friend.”

More and more anger built up inside of me and I slapped him again. “You bastard! You evil…evil bastard.”

“I've been called worse." He stood up and his naked butt was in my face as he picked up his underwear. "Let's go."

“You’re only going to keep me around for sex,” I said matter-of-factly folding my arms.

Trust me I’m not. You seem pretty cool though. Now let’s go.” I grunted and picked up my panties. We got dressed and we just walked out of the apartment.

The sun was just rising as we walked down the street. I was still mad at him. and I didn’t even know his name. Or how old he was. Or anything about him, I just knew he was a jerk. A stupid manipulative fucking…ugh. I wanted to scream at him. But it was my damn fault for being so idiotic last night.

When we got outside, we saw that cars were flipped over, people were running around. There were wails and screams of people far off in the distance. It was all so unreal. I’d always thought that the world would end in 2012. I guess it just came late.

I looked at the boy. He was taller than me, but that wasn’t a surprise. Everybody was taller than me. He also had blonde hair and sparkling sea green eyes. I couldn't lie, he was very attractive. And that was some of the best and dirtiest sex I'd ever had. But he was still an asshole. I didn't like that.

He looked down at me and a look of annoyance was slapped on his face. “What?” he snapped. I didn’t say anything. I just kept staring at him. “Look...I don’t normally do this type of thing, okay? Like...staying with people. So you better feel lucky.” I didn’t say anything. This was annoying him. Staring at him was annoying him. Yes. Something I could use to get back at him. I tried to hide the pleasure that I was getting from this and kept my eyes locked on his face. Thank God he wasn't ugly.

I could see he was getting more and more frustrated by the second. Good. That ass deserved it. He looked away. “I already feel bad enough. Stop looking at me like that.”

“Surprise, surprise. Mr. Jackass feels bad.”

Just then, screams and shouts filled my ears. They were coming just ahead of us, and I knew exactly what it was. A light appeared on the street ahead, and...was that a person...chasing it?

He had like a baseball bat and he was chasing the light, and I realized his screams were actually war cries like Braveheart or something. He was trying to kill it. Just like how I'd done yesterday morning.

He caught up to it and wacked it one good, hard time. The light fell to the ground, it's bright nearly neon white color dimming. The man kept beating and beating until it went out completely, and all that was left was a broken metal disc.

"Wow did you see that?" I asked the boy.

"Yeah."

"You know I killed one of them. Right in my home. I killed it."

"Great."

"Except I didn't use a bat or anything." God I sounded like a five year old boasting about something I did. But once again it was annoying him, and that's all I needed. "I used my fisties. Like this." I started punching at the air like a boxer, which was nothing like how I did it yesterday.

“Will you shut up? You know I could ditch you and you’d be by yourself.”

I snickered. “You tried that yesterday, and look at where I am.”

“And because of that I tricked you into having sex with me.”

Another rush of anger flooded my body and I screamed and started beating his broad shoulders with my fists. “You fucking bastard! You fucking…ah! I hate you!”

“Ow. Ow! Okay you hate me. I hate you too. Now leave.” But I didn’t stop. I just kept cursing at him and beating him up. Not that it was really doing anything, since I wasn’t trying to hurt him too much. He just clenched his jaws tighter and looked over my head. “Shit.”

He snatched my hands off of him and brought me into his chest. I instantly stopped moving and I held my breath. I remembered how yesterday he did the exact same thing and we didn’t get taken. I just let him bring my body closer to his as the sound of one of those things whizzed by us.

Once it was out of sight, he let me go. He stared at me for a second, those sea-green eyes borring into me. It made me uncomfortable. I didn't like it when the tables were turned and he was the one staring at me. I just gulped and looked away. I heard and snicker and the sound of his shoes crunching glass as he walked off.

I looked up. Seeing him walk off like that left me with a sense of...emptiness. Even though he said he hated me, he still protected me. He could’ve just stayed still, and all my moving and screaming would’ve gotten me taken, but he didn’t. He still helped me. And now he was walking away? Why? Why would he do something that nice, and then leave me?

He stopped walking, and I thought another one of those things were coming, but he turned back slightly and said, “You’re really gonna stand there like an idiot?”

I nearly gasped, but ran ahead and caught up with him. I wanted to thank him. But I couldn’t something inside of me wouldn’t. I just turned my head back to the city, looking at the chaos we were about to enter.