The Scarlet Knight

~Matilda~

“COME BACK HERE YOU MOTHER-FUCKING-FUCKERS!” I roared into the streets. I’d never been so angry in my life. I’d never been so willing to kill the next thing that even came with in five feet of me. I’d never literally seen red before. Whether it was because a blood vessel popped in my eye, or I was just filled with rage, I was seeing red.

I was stomping around in the middle of the street, following three of those light things. I couldn’t run. I was too mad to run. I’d been really, really mad before, but never to the point where I actually couldn’t do anything put shove my feet into the asphault street and grit my teeth so hard that they were willing to shatter into a million peices.

I screamed into the street and picked up a huge rock that was tossed to me. “You’ll pay for what you did!” I shouted, chucking the rock as hard as I could. It hit one of them, and it stopped, letting the others run along before it. “Come on!” I shouted at it. I stopped walking and stood there, challenging it, daring it to do something to me. “Are you scared? Come on take me! TAKE ME! YOU HAD NO PROBLEM TAKING MY SISTER! TAKE ME!”

It just stood there, then dashed off past me, and into some apartment buildings. Why didn’t this thing take me like I told it too? I needed to get back to my sister. Wherever that thing took her. I needed to get her.

I was shaking with anger and I screamed again, and this time I ran after it. Why won’t it take me? Why won’t it take me?

I burst into the door, breaking the glass and possibly my shoulder. Maybe it didn’t take me because I’m supposed to stay here. Stay here. Kill the damn thing and stay here on Earth. Kill those dammed things and stay on Earth and find my sister some other kind of way.

“Where’d you go you fucker,” I said through gritted teeth as I searched this dead apartment building.

All of my guards were up, and I kept my back close to the wall. I was sure it was the one that took Reese. It had to be. I walked up the stairs and grabbed a broken iron rod. It was heavy, but also light at the same time. Something I could use to whack the shit out of that light thing.

I tested it out, tossing it from one hand to the other, swinging at the empty air with it. It would do. When I was little, my dad actually taught my sister and I bō staff fighting, because he was really big into that kind of Japanese martial art stuff.

I’d have to find something lighter, but for now this would be fine. I continued up the stairs until from the fourth floor, I saw super blinding light seeping from under the door like evil smoke from a horror movie.

More rage that I felt before filled my body and I ran towards the door. It swung open before I could even get my hands near it, and I backed up as a person ran from the door.

I heard that same metallic sound coming closer and closer, and a waited for it to come just in front of me. Be patient, I told myself. Be calm. Be patient. In what seemed like forever, the light appeared in front of me. It was like slow motion, I could see everything clearly.

I swung the staff over my head and in one swift motion, I brought it down on the light. I had no idea it would work or not, but it did. The light dimmed, and I took this as my chance to strike it another time. Again and again I beat it with my staff until it filanally went out completely and there was nothing but a metal disc left.

Good. I stomped onto the fourth floor and scanned around.

There was nothing there but the carpet and the lights still kept on by the electric company. I could hear cries however, and I knew where they were coming from.