Nowhere To Go

~Carter~

As were were walking, we found an abandoned weapons shop. Alex suggested we go in there and raid the place. The owner, however, locked the door before running for his life, so we couldn’t get in.

“I guess we have to find the next one that’s been left open,” I said, throwing my arms up.

“No. No we can use this one. Do you still have that crowbar?” I nodded and pulled it out of my bag. I asked her if she was going to break the lock, but she just chuckled. “I may be many things, but I’m not a break in artist.” She took the crowbar and broke the glass on the door, and then started banging the handle on the iron bars protecting the place. After what seemed like a million tries, it gave in and swung open.

Alex walked in before me, and went to straight to the guns. I watched her from the door. She was still in her skin tight jeans and loose shirt. She put her brown hair in a bun on the top of her head, and I could see the tattoo she got on the back of her neck. It was just a cross set perfectly on her tanned skin. I watched her protectively from the door as she reached up to get something she wanted.

She couldn’t quite reach it, and her whole body was stretched out. Her chest…back…ass… She was easily one of the the most beautiful girls I had ever seen in my life. Her heart shaped face made everything on her face look perfect. Bright sparkling sea blue eyes, popped off of her face, contrasting with her rosy pink lips and brown hair. “Carter can you help me?” she asked looking at me.

I snapped out of my daze and walked over to her and asked her which one she wanted. “I want that one. You see that pistol up there?” I saw it. She kept trying to reach up there even though she asked me for help. After a second or two, I reached my hand up there and grabbed it for her.

“Um…here you go,” I handed it to her and I swear her hand brushed against mine as she grabbed it. She thanked me and put it in her bag and continued to walk around the store.

I’ve had a crush on Alex since the first day of school. And it’s weird because I was dating Annie, and she has a way better body than Alex. I remembered this morning in the car with Annie. She was trying to get me back, because she was the only one who knew I liked Alex. And because of that she kept trying to get me back.

“We could be the couple we used to be Carter.” She started talking slower and she put her hand on my thigh. “Remember those days? When we would spend, hours, and hours together? Right here in this car.” she was moving closer to me. I could feel my heart beating in my chest. I looked down at her lips. glossy, rosy pink lips. “Remember how you would hold me? Remember how much you told me you loved me? Remember everything I did for you? You loved it.” she grabbed the collar of my shirt and pressed her lips against mine. “Don’t you want that back baby?”

But something about Alex just attracted the hell out of me. I don’t know if it was her level-headedness, or the fact that she didn’t give me the attention that all of everybody else did, but it was something beyond her angel-like looks. Maybe it was how independent she was, or how she always had things figured out, though she was confusing in a way.

Very introverted, she almost never talked to anybody but her friends and her ex, but she seemed to know more about everything than anybody I knew, and half of it made no sense. Like why she knew it. I’d never talked to her personally, but I’d heard stories of her knowing how to speak three languages (Swedish, Spanish, and English), and I’ve seen pictures of her on Facebook holding up animals that’s she’s hunted, like two hundred pound bucks and wolves bigger than me.

She was just incredible. And now that we were alone, which never happened, I could tell her how I felt about her. It was something that I’d always tell myself I’d do. Just pull her to the side or something, say hello, start a conversation or something. But I’d just look at her and dash my eyes away when she turned in my direction. Everyday I’d tell myself, “This is the day I’ll talk to her.”