Asian Persuasion

~Troy~

I popped a cigarette in my mouth as I walked down the chaotic streets. People had been looting, setting things on fire, flipping over cars. I went up to one of the burning flower beds and lit my cigarette. I put it back in my mouth, and took a drag of the smooth smoke and let it fill my lungs.

I blew out as I looked at the setting sun. “Damn,” I whispered as I watched another group of people disappear. I continued to walk as I thought of the way I experienced it.

I was at school, in my class room as the principal shouted for us to turn on the news. I, of course, didn’t give a shit about it, but I watched as they showed a video of people disappearing. I thought it was a person trolling the news anchors. But since it was a state of emergency, I left. Who wouldn’t it was a free pass to go home for the day.

 After we burned down that guy’s apartment building and that Mexican stand off I had with that hot chick, the guys and I headed back to that same alley we left a while ago.

 Passing around a cigarette, we talked for hours.

 “I don’t get what the big fuss is about,” said Terrance. “A few people ditched the park. Who gives a fuck?”

 Apparently a lot of people do,” Beau said, taking a swig of beer. “But at least we got out of school. Know what I’m saying?”

 "Why are you guys talking about it?” I asked, passing him a cigarette. “It was the anchor’s fault for showing that dumb piece of shit on the news. It was abvously fake.”

The flash of a cop’s light showed in our faces and I froze. Hamilton and Terrance ran off, but they disappeared. I looked and it wasn’t an officer, but one of the light things from the news. I stayed still, because it obviously didn’t see me. It floated off, and I relaxed.

 It was kind of depressing, but not to where I would break down crying like most people I saw. I didn’t like those two that much anyway. I really didn’t like anybody. People said that I made friends easily, but they weren’t really my “friends”. I just talked with them. I never really considered anybody my friend. That was more their fault than mine; nobody impressed me enough for me to even call them my friend.

 I never really got close to anybody, and I never thought that I would. I’m too messed up for somebody to get close to. I took another drag of my cigarette and a small Asian girl ran up to me.

 “Help me! I can’t find my mom!” she shouted. She was wearing sweat pants, a sports bra, and that was about it. She had nice tits though. No ass, but nice tits.

 “Tough luck sweet ass,” I said continuing to walk.

 “Excuse me?”

 “You heard me. I’m on my own here.”

 She ran and caught up with me. “But you can’t be! They’ll take you away.”

 "No they won’t. And why don’t you have any clothes on?”

 “Why you don’t like my tits?” she grabbed them and shook them around.

 I looked down at her. “Yea. I do. What’s up with you? I though you Asians were supposed to be all modest and giggly and shit.”

 She her hands over her mouth and smiled. “I will kill you motherfucker. Just because I speak good engrish and I don’t giggle behind small hands doesn’t mean I won’t cut off your air supply until you die. Because I will.”

 “You’re kind of dark.”

 “Says you. Look at you. Tattoos, gauges, even the way you dress says your emo.”

I almost burst out laughing. Emo? I was far from it. I looked at her again. She was strange. “I thought I told you to leave.”

 “I’m not leaving. And stop looking at my boobs!”

“It’s your fault for shaking those big ass things in my face.” I heard people running and screaming behind me. I knew one of those light things were coming. I wrapped my arm around the girl and pulled her close in front of me. “Don’t move.” I told her.

 “Why not!” she struggled to get away from me.

“Because those things are motion censored, and if you move then you’ll die. Now shut up!” she did as she was told as the light snatched the people right next to us.

 She was scared, and I could feel her heart pounding against her chest. Her boobs felt nice though. Really nice.

 Once everything cleared up, she shoved me away. “You pervert!” she shouted. “You were enjoying that.”

 “So what?” She was silent, looking for an answer other than “so what?”. “Be thankful I help you out this much. You can leave now.”

 “But I don’t have anywhere to go! I don’t know where anybody is!” I walked along and she jumped in front of me and I stopped. “Listen. I need protection right now. Just until tomorrow then you can go off on your own. But I’m scared and you’re the only person who didn’t run away from me.”

 “Maybe I should have.” I took another drag of my smoke and blew it in her face. “Go.” She coughed and waved her hand in front of her face. I walked on and left her behind.

 “You asshole!” she caught up and looked at me. “Fine I don’t need you. I can go off on my own.”

“Good.” She stared at me like her defiance was supposed to change my answer. I just blew more smoke in her face and told her to leave again. With tears in her eyes she ran off. “Good riddance,” I murmured.

 I kept walking down the street, stopping every now and then when one of the lights whizzed past me. Maybe I should’ve let her stay, I thought. I’m bored. I started humming to myself. I don’t know what tune it was, or even if it was a tune, I just hummed and kicked stuff around near my feet.

 I put my cigarette back in my mouth, just as I was shoved to the ground. I cursed just as I hit the ground. I sat up and rubbed my stinging wrist. I looked around to see what happened, and the girl was there. “Let me stay with you!” she shouted.

 “You just tackled me!” I shouted back, standing up.

 “Come on! Please? I won’t bother you or anything.”

 “You’re bothering me right now!” She grabbed my arm and lifted herself off the ground. I shook her off, but she wrapped her hands tightly around me again. “Jesus what’s with you? Leave me alone.”

 “Come on! Just for tonight, and I’ll be gone before you’re awake. I promise.”

 I looked down at her. She definitely was scared. I sighed and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. “Come on it’s getting dark. We have to find somewhere to stay.”

 “So I can stay with you?” she asked excitedly.

I smiled at her. Maybe something like “the world is ending. And I’ve never been with someone.” Something like that. It would get her. She didn’t look like everything was there in her head anyway. It would be easy. “Why not?”