Chapter 3

I wake up to Ollie’s breath rippling the hairs on the back of my neck his arm is flopped across my waist. I carefully shift over to see Ollie fast asleep beside me. His mouth is wide open giving him a rather gormless expression and he is snoring ever so slightly or at least breathing heavily. If only his adoring fans could see him now, he’s not quite the dashing hero at the moment. To me he still looks adorable, gormless yes, but still entirely adorably. I can’t help but smile as I watch him, his chest moving in and out with each of his deep sleepy breaths. I then turn to my head to catch a glimpse of my hand dangling off the edge of the bed. The first thing I see is the flash of the diamond of my ring. I’m no longer smiling but beaming as I remember exactly what happened yesterday. I’m engaged! I spent the rest of yesterday ringing around family and friends to declare to everyone that I am engaged. It actually took hours because naturally I had to tell absolutely everyone I’ve ever known and to be perfectly honest I don’t care if that’s insane! Even Ollie who is the most private person I know rang everyone to tell them he proposed. I could hear his Mum squeal from the other side of the room!

I just can’t stop looking at the ring. I move my fingers around in the early morning sunlight to admire the ring from every single angle possible watching it glint with each tiny movement I make. “It looks good on you,” Ollie mumbles sleepily waking up beside me whilst watching me watch my ring.

“Mmhhmm,” I agree tumbling over to give him a kiss. I settle myself in his arms and exhale deeply content to just lie here all morning. God I love him. “Do you hear that?” Ollie suddenly asks me breaking the content silence. “It just sounds like…,” he rolls out of bed and heads for the curtains. I prop myself up on my elbows and watch as he throws open the curtains. Oh god. The first thing I see is cameras. A lot of them. Journalists are lining the streets just outside of the gates straining to get a better view of the house. “Izzie come on we need to get out of here,” Ollie instructs me.

“Out? Out??? Have you lost your mind? Are you honestly suggesting we try and get passed that lot?” I question in a squeak.

“It’s better than sitting around here, come on we need to leave quickly before even more turn up,” he continues.

“But… what… where are we going?” I stutter. It is too early in the morning for this amount of fuss my brain is literally melting in my head. “I’ll work that out later now come on move it,” he says taking my hands and pulling me upright. I groan and haul myself out of bed. “Fine you win,” I grumble whilst stumbling towards the shower.

Ollie spends a very long time ushering me around the house and telling me to get a move on at every opportunity he gets. Eventually Ollie’s complaining pays off and I’m up and ready to go. “Finally,” he sighs whilst grabbing my hand and leading us into the garage. “In the time took for you to get ready I have planed our escape,” he informs me holding open the car door for me to get in. He skirts around the car and hops in beside me. Here we go. The second the garage door opens a storm of flashes erupts. With military precision the gates are opened just as we reach them so Ollie doesn’t even have to slow down. Instead he slams down on the accelerator, zooms around the corner and keeps driving until the journalists are just blobs at the end of the street. “I’m guessing you’ve done that before,” I comment.

“Just a few times,” he smiles back.

“Clearly haven’t driven before though,” I tease as my head is knocked against the window as typical when Ollie is driving. “Ah, Ollie’s bad driving jokes. I’m guessing you’ve done that before,” he mimics me with a mocking smile. “Touché,” I reply. At that he winks at me with a stupid little smile.