Chapter 24

Ollie certainly had fun last night on his stag do. He was returned to the house in the early hours of the morning already half asleep and mumbling incoherently on the poor limo driver’s shoulder as he attempted to haul him up the front drive. I took over at the front door hauling him up the stairs and out of exhaustion just letting him collapse in a heap on the bed. He settled himself right in the middle of the mattress and there was no way of moving him or waking him up to reason with him. I ended up having to curl myself into a really awkward position around him to be able to fit on the bed with him. It took me forever to get myself asleep and when I did finally manage to drift off I was awoken with an abrupt thump as I rolled right off the bed and onto the floor. Above me Ollie snored on and too exhausted to continue to fight with him for a pot on the mattress I reached up yanked the quilt down and made myself a little nest on the floor.

Needless to say when I woke up I was in agony with a crick in my neck and Ollie was still enjoying a peaceful and comfortable sleep. Mischievously I leap up on the floor (quietly swearing under my breath due to the pain it causes in my back,) and sneak up to the bed. Stifling sniggers of amusement I jump up onto the little remaining space on the bed and shout as chirpily as I can, “GOOD MORNING OLLIE!”

It has the desired affect.

His eyes snap open in confused panic as the snoring comes to a sudden end. Within seconds the alertness is replaced by a foggy exhaustion as he quietly moans (probably due to the hangover.) He rolls over onto his back to look at me chuckling at him. “What time is it?” he asks.

“Eight in the morning, bright and early,” I inform him.

“And what time did I come home last night?” he questions me groggily.

“Oh… about four in the morning,” I reply. At this he lets out another groan of displeasure. “Oh I’m sorry, did you want to sleep longer?” I ask innocently.

“I was hoping for a lie in, yeah,” he answers.

“Oops. I guess I woke up early because I was forced to sleep on the floor after you took the entire bed last night. How silly of me,” I say as the realisation flickers onto Ollie’s face.

“You did this on purpose, didn’t you?” he asks while rubbing his hands over his face in the hope of waking himself up. “Not at all,” I lie with a smirk on my face. He lazily picks up a pillow from behind his head and lightly hits me over the head with it. “Well you’re up now,” I say while settling myself into a more comfortable position on the bed. “I need a coffee,” he sighs.

“Great! We can get up and try that new fancy coffee shop around the corner,” I exclaim.

“What?” he questions, wincing as he pulls himself upright.

“The one with the cup cakes with the cool icing. I pointed it out the other day,” I explain.

“But I’m tired,” he whines.

“You said you wanted coffee,” I argue.

“Yes but I wanted you to make me coffee and bring it here,” he counters.

 “But they have these really nice looking cupcakes with mango icing,” I insist.

“You are going to make me get up, aren’t you?” he sighs. I nod simply. At that he concedes and gets up to shower.

It takes Ollie a bit longer than usual to get up, mostly because he keeps falling half asleep until I go and shake him awake. Eventually he wakes enough to get him out the door and into the coffee shop (which looks even better on the inside than it does outside.) I feel like I have stepped straight into Central Perk or something. “Have you picked one yet?” Ollie asks me.