Chapter 9

I think it’s a fair comment to say that my daily routine has become fairly strange as of late. Oh and when I say fairly strange I mean my life has been turned completely upside down so much so that I’m not even sure if the past couple days have been anything more than a dream. No sorry not dream, nightmare.

I spend a lot of time staying up to ridiculous hours so Ollie and I can actually converse nowadays which means I am permanently at the socialisation level of a zombie. I communicate through a series of grunts and moans as I am too tired to formulate words and my work is constantly riddled with typos as I can barely keep my eyes open to read the words I’m writing. I also spend a lot of time borrowing Mandy’s magazines to see if I can get any information on Ollie, what he’s doing, the film, his co-stars and any other information which is even ever so slightly linked to Ollie because I can’t ask him myself; I don’t want him to know I’m worrying. Oh and then there’s the crying I have made my way through an entire box of tissues in less than a couple of days. As you can see I am teetering on the verge of insanity, (not that I was all together sane to begin with…)

Anyway Emmie, Kate and Mandy have decided between themselves that enough is enough and they are coming around in the attempt to drag me back into the world of the living and sane. All I can say is good luck to them because believe me I have tried to no avail. In my defence I have at least made an effort. I’ve taken the snacks to the extreme for starters; my living room is covered in bowls of popcorn, chocolate, crisps and sweets. I have also piled my entire DVD collection by the TV, all lined up and ready to go next to the millions of blankets and cushions I have located and dragged down the stairs. So there, I’ve at least made an effort.

“Isabelle Emerson we are here to cheer you up!” Emmie suddenly calls from the corridor. They didn’t even knock before entering my house. I walk out from the living room to see Kate, Mandy and Emmie marching into my house armed with snacks galore. I think we’re going to end up eating our body weight in snacks… so much for the wedding diet. “Who needs Ollie when you have us,” adds Kate while the three of them huddle me into the lounge and sit me down. “Here you go,” Mandy says discreetly handing me a celebrity magazine, while Kate and Emmie are distracted deciding on a DVD, as if it is some illicit drug deal. You see Emmie and Kate don’t agree with my obsessive reading on Ollie related subjects so dealings like these must be made in secret. “Thanks,” I smile while immediately tearing to the contents section and scanning desperately for Ollie’s name. He isn’t mentioned but Melody Bloom is. I flick to the page of her mention and a big glossy photo of her shines out at me. Ollie has mentioned her a couple of times. Melody is Ollie’s American co-star and according to this article she is the next Hollywood starlet. But here’s the really comforting thing she’s known for being one of Hollywood’s sexiest women and she’s acting in a romantic comedy with my fiancé… Fantastic. I look at her picture again this time scrutinizing her appearance. She’s one of those girls that guys find really attractive but girls take one look and can’t help but think ‘she looks like a complete bitch.’ Everything about her from her cold ice grey eyes to her infuriating pout just screams bitchiness. “Mandy would you quit giving Izzie those ridiculous magazines,” Emmie instructs suddenly taking note of the magazine and trying to rip it out of my grasp but I duck and weave just in time. “Have you guys ever heard of Melody Bloom?” I ask ignoring Emmie’s attempts to remove the magazine from my grasp. Kate and Emmie look at me blankly but Mandy nods enthusiastically. “You mean the actress? She was in that magazine loads last year she ran off with her last co-star despite the fact he was married,” Mandy says without thinking. I’m pretty sure my face goes ghostly grey as Emmie and Kate glare at Mandy furiously. “Sorry…?” Mandy offers but Emmie’s continuous glares indicate that she is still less than impressed. “Great now she’s going to obsess,” Kate sighs.