Man-Whore Hands

** Trigger Warning: Self Harm **

School is finally over and we are all standing by my locker. Well, everyone but Drake and Blake which worries me considering what Drake asked me this morning. I told Steven what he said but he didn't really react to it. He just brushed it off like it was nothing.

"Are you still coming over to mine?" Steven asked me as I put my last book in my bag. I nodded and smiled at him. I grabbed my keys and started walking out towards our cars. "Just go inside when you get there. I'm going to stop and get us some food."

"Okay," I said. It's actually pretty normal for me to just walk into his house. His mom is like my second mom. I always joke that if I got pregnant that I would go to her first for advice on how to tell my own mother.

I don't know why but we just had a natural connection from the minute we met. Not like a crush connection but more of a best friend thing. We lived in the same area, and our parents became close. When they realized we would go to the same school, his mom offered to take me home after school. After that, everywhere he went, I went.

I pulled into his long driveway and parked on the side behind the fence. I reached in the back and grabbed my phone out of my bag and my keys out of the ignition before making my way inside. Their front door was locked, but luckily about a year ago his mom gave me a key since I was coming over so much.

The house was warm and filled with homey furniture. They weren't rich by any means but they survived very well. The house is old and you could tell. The wall paper and tiles were out of date but I feel like it gave it more character. I know that Stevens's mom wants to renovate but I keep begging her not to. I feel like it would get rid of so many memories for all of us.

Soon enough, the front door opened and closed and Steven came through the kitchen door with four bags, two in each hand.

"Want ice cream? I got cookies and cream." He knows my weakness. This isn't good. Not at all. Just kidding, if he didn't know that my favorite ice cream was cookies and cream by now I would be highly offended.

"Please!" I basically yell. He winces and continues putting things away. He then grabs a bowl out of the dish washer along with an ice cream scooper out of the drawer. He knows that I like perfectly round ice cream scoops and only three. Then you drizzle chocolate over it and add a tiny bit of whip cream.

He hands me the bowl and a small spoon. That's the other part, I prefer to eat ice cream with small spoons so it last longer.

Once he had his ice cream, he sat down at the island next to me.

"Feel like telling me what happened?" he asked with a mouth full of ice cream.

"With which person?" I groan. He snapped his gaze towards me and dropped his spoon in his bowl.

"Spill."

I sigh and put one more mouth full of ice cream and whip cream in my mouth before moving the bowl away from me.

"Which person do you want to know first?" I asked him, not daring to look him in the eyes. My gaze remained on his large hand that sat on the counter.

"Who is the other person?" he questions.

"Drake."
"Tell me Blake first. We can get to Drake later." Steven let out a frustrated sigh and rubbed his hands over his face.

"Basically, we decided to ditch school that day that the science classes were going on the field trip. We got in my jeep but he wouldn't talk or look at me. I thought maybe he was sick or something so I just let it slide. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he would tell me once we got to my house. Anyways, we got my house and went inside and he sat down on my bed and he still wouldn't tell me. I tried to get him to tell me and eventually kissed him, thinking it would help but he just got pissed then told me. He said that he doesn't want to hurt me but he had to do it. I lost it Steven. I really liked him. How do you just move on from someone?" I asked, a stray tear rolled down my cheek.

Steven is different. He has seen me at my lowest point. Hell, he stopped me from committing suicide once. He walked in on me crying with a razor blade in my hand. I was going to slice my wrists and bleed out.

"I'm going to kill him." I don't think I was supposed to hear that part.

"No, Steven. I'm sure he had a perfectly good reason for what he did. I can't be mad at him for it. I just have to move on," I sigh, taking in another mouthful of ice cream.

Steven just shook his head. I set my hand carefully on top of his and his gaze met mine.

"You'll be okay Riles, I promise. I'm not going to let anyone else hurt you. You are smart and beautiful and if he can't see that, well he is the one who is going to have a dumb and ugly wife, isn't he?" Steven chuckled a little.

I laugh with him and nod my head. He always knows what to say to cheer me up.

"Okay, now Drake. Do we need to dig a grave for him?"

"No, but he does deserve to be slapped. After Blake came down the hall this morning before you punched him, good job by the way, he led me around the corner. He pushed me against the wall and I just felt scared. He asked me how close to death he could beat Blake. I told him to get away from me and he did, but I don't know Steven. Something seemed different," I admitted.

"What seemed different?" he asked, scooting a little closer.

"He looked at me the way he looks at his slut of the week."

He chuckled a little at my nickname but soon realized what that meant.

"He better keep those man-whore hands off you," he warned in a low voice.

I didn't want to talk about it anyone so I took the last bite out of the bowl and put it in the sink before making my way downstairs and turned on the TV. Sadly, nothing was on it, so I changed it to Netflix. I started watching the remainder of the supernatural episode I started.

Steven eventually came down the stairs and sat next to me, putting an arm around me.

"I'm not going to let him hurt you, do you understand?" he whispered in my ear. I nodded and snuggled into his chest. He put his arm protectively around my waist and kissed my forehead.

Eventually the episode was over but we didn't move.

"So what happened with Kimberly?" I asked him, trying to make conversation.

"She likes another guy," he said bitterly but his voice was laced with traces of sadness.

"Who?" I asked. Normally I would sit up in shock but he was so warm and I felt so safe. I couldn't do it.

"I don't even know, I think his name is like Cole or something," he sighs.

I nodded my head. I know who it is and he is better than Cole will ever be. He already knows that though. Instead we sit there in silence, enjoying the feeling of comfort between us.

No, they are not a couple, just really good friends. Hey guys!! It's my birthday today! I hope you all have a fantastic day and eat cake for me.