You Are Always

"Honey!" my mother yelled up the stair for me. I sighed and took my earbud out of my ear and walked downstairs to see what she wanted. When I left my room, though, I saw someone at the door that I didn't want to see. "You have company."

"Um, hi?" I said but it came out as more of a question. He awkwardly smiled at me and glanced between me and my mother.

"Oh my lord, just come up stairs," I sighed and rolled my eyes. He cleared his throat and walked up the stairs. When he walked in, he closed the door behind him but stood close by the exit as well. "What do you need?"

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry. Yesterday, that wasn't how I wanted to do that. My sister likes to stick her nose where it doesn't really belong and I'm just really sorry. I've been wanting to tell you, but I just got carried away I guess. I'm sorry," he sighed as he apologized for the hundredth time in two minutes.

"Wait, what? You haven't told me anything," I said slightly confused.

He laughed cautiously and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. He walked towards my bed which I was sitting on and he sat next to me. His leg started bouncing up and down as soon as he sat down, a nervous tick he has.

"I think, I don't know," he groaned in frustration rubbing his hands over his face.

"Just talk.  Pretend I'm not here or pretend I'm just one of the guys. Just talk to me," I tried to comfort him. He looked really stressed and confused.

"You're beautiful," he said simply, not making eyes contact with me.

I chuckle and furrow my eyebrows together, "Um, thanks but what does that have to do with anything?"

"It has everything to do with it Riley! You're beautiful and amazing. Your smile makes me happy and your laugh makes me laugh. I crave you but not in a creepy sexual way. I just want to hug you and cuddle with you at night," he stood up and yelled. "I think I have feelings for you Riley," he whispered.

"W-what?" I stutter, not of purpose though. This is Drake after all, he doesn't have girlfriends, and he has sluts. He doesn't get feelings, he gets hormones.

"I have feelings for you Riles and it scares the absolute shit out of me. You know me, I don't like girls. Well I do but only part of them," he chuckles slightly and so do I.

"Well," I sigh. "That's not a bad thing."

"What isn't?"

"That you have feelings for me."

"Why?"

"Because I think I might have feelings for you too. But I don't know yet so I'm not promising anything yet. Ever since you pinned me against that wall at school, I've been feeling this thing. I don't know how to explain it but I like it," I finally confessed to him. It feels like a thousand weights have been lifted off of my shoulders.

"Wait, seriously?" he laughs.

"Why are you laughing? This is a serious situation not a laughing matter," I scold him.

He shakes his head and keeps laughing. I huff and cross my arms over my chest and lay back on my bed. He follows suit.

"So, yesterday, if I did kiss you, it wouldn't have been a bad thing?" he clarifies. I bite my lip slightly and nod my head. He let out a loud breath and rubs his hands over his face.

"Thank god! I thought I seriously messed up."

"You like me?" I ask again. I know that I completely changed the subject but I'm still having a hard time believing it.

He sits up and holds himself up with his elbow. His eyes look straight into mine and I want to look away. I want to end the moment but it's like our eyes are magnetic and they are attracted to each other. I can't tear my eyes away from his wonderful green ones.

"Yes Riles. I like you. I know it's kind of hard to believe because how I've been acting the past year or two but you're different. Most girls are usual. They are in my head for a couple days until I see a new one. I couldn't do that to you though and that's why I waited so long to say anything. You never leave my fucking mind and I honestly think I'm going crazy."

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair, tugging at the roots in frustration.

"Drake, how do I honestly know that you're not going to get bored with me and just move on to the next girl you see?" I asked, staring at my ceiling.

"Because," he replies, taking my hand in his and lacing our fingers together. "You are Riley. You are always beautiful but you can be sexy in a way a lot don't see. You're crazy smart with the best sense of humor. Whenever I'm around you, I never want to leave. I want you Riley."

I couldn't stop the smile from forming over my lips. This is a side of him that I've honestly never seen before. He is always playing the bad boy and pretending that he doesn't care about anyone before.

"I like you too Drake."

His head snaps back to me and the smile that he wears is full of relief. His eyes shift from my lips to my eyes several times before he starts to lean down. Normally I would let it happen but I want to move slowly with him. Maybe Drake will end differently.

I place my hand on his chest to stop his lips from touching mine. My heart was telling me to just let it happen but I knew that I couldn't do that. If he wants me that bad, he will fight for it.

"Not yet. I want to move slowly," I whisper. My eyes were closed because if I looked at him, am afraid that I would end up caving and kissing him anyways.

"Me too."