Wake The Moon

We laid in each other embrace staring at the stars through the tree branches. Our legs were wrapped together and one of my hands rested on his chest, while the other was laced in between his fingers.

I felt calm and safe. Nothing in my life has ever felt this perfect before and I never want this night to end. His body was warm against mine and his hand ran carefully up and down my back. I took in his scent, trying to save it in my mind so when we aren't together, I can still remember what he smells like.

What is this boy doing to me?

"Riley?" he asked softly, like if he spoke to loudly, it would wake the moon.

"Drake."

He laughed at me lightly and the vibration of his chest sent butterflies around my stomach. "Why did you leave without telling anyone?"

I sighed, knowing that this was going to come up eventually. I wanted to tell him that I just had to get out of town for a while to clear my head, and that it wasn't his fault, but it was. He is the reason for all of my faults right now as much as I hate to admit it. He makes me feel like I'm the crazy one when in all reality, I'm crazy for him.

I want to forget about him, because I know that he is just going to break my heart. But I still have that molecule of hope that this time will be different. That I will be the exception to his normal ways. Maybe it's stupid of me and it is practically selfish, but I want him to be mine.

"You know why," I told him, before closing my eyes and snuggling closer into his body, as if I could get any closer than I already was.

"I know," he whispered.

Before the silence was nice and relaxing and now, it is filled with tension. The air feels as if we talk, it will shatter into a million pieces, leaving us to suffocate.

"Enough of this," he suddenly speaks with a stern voice, "I don't want things to be awkward because of a mistake I made, okay?"

"Okay."

I looked up to see a small smile playing a dance on his lips. I rested my head once more and started laughing. We're so stupid.

"What are you laughing about?"

"You. Well, you and me. We are a mess and yet we are attracted towards each other for some odd reason. We aren't supposed to fit together but here we are, basically molded into each other's bodies. Why are you even here?" I was still laughing, uncontrollably.

"Because," he said, sitting up and forcing me to move my head. He pulled me into his lap like he did when we were hugging but this time, he didn't close his arms around me. "I like you. You are the exact opposite of every girl I've ever wanted but for some reason that makes me want you even more. You are stubborn and annoying at time, and sometimes you don't let me explain and it makes me really mad. In the end though, you make me happy. I always want to be around you, even if I am mad about you. I took me a while to figure that out, but it's true."

I smiled at him but tears were starting to blur my vision together. "I hate you."

His smile faltered and he looked taken back, "Not like that, Drake. I hate you because you make me cry. You're supposed to beat up the guys who make me cry, not be one of them."

"But they are happy tears, right?" he clarified. I smiled and nodded my head, before gripping his shirt, pulling his body against mine.

"I'll never make you cry because you're sad, understood? I'm never leaving you."

I didn't respond this time, I just sat in his lap, holding his torso and he played with my hair. "I don't know if I can let you in yet Drake," I told him truthfully, the one thing I had been dreading telling him.

"I know. But I'll never hurt you like the others have. I-"he cut himself off and took a deep breath.

"Riley?" he moved me away from his shirt. I looked at him in the eyes and say an emotion. One I hadn't seen in a long time and one I haven't seen in his eyes before. "Can I kiss you?"

I quickly nodded my head, because I had been waiting for this for so long. This time we are alone and there is no possibility of anyone interrupting us.

He leaned down, putting his hand on the crook of my neck and running his thumb over my lips. First he kissed my nose, then my cheek, before stopping right over my lips. Our lips brushed against each other as he spoke.

"I think I'm falling in love with you and it scares me, a lot," he whispered before pulling on my neck to bring our lips together.

This kiss was everything I had ever expected. It was sweet and slow but also quick. I didn't mind though because my mind wasn't thinking about the kiss, I'm thinking about the fact that he basically just told me that he loves me and we aren't' even an official couple.

When he pulled away, we were both out of breath. Not because we had kissed a long time, but because we had been waiting so long for that and our nerves are buzzing at an all-time high.

"I think I'm in love with you too," I whispered in his ear before placing a small kiss on his ear. When I moved back so that I was looking his in eyes, he did look scared, but he also looked like he was staring at Aphrodite herself. It make me feel wonderful but also insecure.

"I love you," he told me before pulling me back for a rougher kiss. And that is how the next half an hour went on before he took me home.

I told you it was going to be a short chapter...

sC