Can't Have Everything

From: Drake

Be there in five. Wear casual. If you dare tell me to wait so that you can do your makeup, I will drag you by your ear out of your house.

I read over the text over and over again, confused as to why he wants me to be ready in five minutes. Not only is it random, but it is pretty much impossible for me to get ready in five minutes. Find me a girl who actually gets ready in five minutes, and I'll believe they exist. Until then, I don't believe it.

I grab a tan loose shirt and a pair of blue shorts out of my closet. My sandals are downstairs by the door and my purse is still on the kitchen counter. My parents are out of town so I'm kind of just leaving everything everywhere. I'll regret that in a few days when I have to clean it all up though.

My front door opens by itself and I realize that I never locked it last night. If my parents were here, they would kill me for that. I think Drake is going to as well.

He opened my bedroom door but I still didn't have my shirt on, so I was standing in front of him in just my black sports bra.

"Well hello," he laughed at my nudeness. I rolled my eyes and pulled my shirt over my head. I walked over my vanity and tried sneaking some conceal on but I hear someone jump to their feet behind me.

"Do you want me to drag you out by your ear?" he yelled at me sarcastically. I threw my makeup down, picked my sunglasses up off my bed stand, and make my way downstairs. Drake was close on my heels.

I grabbed my purse and made my way outside to get in his car. I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest. When he got in and saw me, he burst out laughing. I punch his arm before going to open the door to get out.

"No, no, no," he said quickly before locking the doors. I groan and throw my head back. "Okay, I'm sorry. Please, I just want to go get coffee with you and I didn't want you to wear makeup because I think you're a million times more beautiful without it."

"How would you know?" I spit back at him. "I don't even not wear makeup."

"I know, and that is why you aren't wearing it today. I have the whole day planned out for us. You are going to have so much fun, you won't be able to sleep tonight because all you'll be thinking about it today," he speaks quickly but doesn't skip a word or stutter.

I rolled my eyes at him but waited for him to start the car and start moving. Once he was satisfied with my agreement, he started the car and make the way to his favorite little coffee shop.

~-~-~-

"What can I get for the lovely couple?" the old lady asked as we sat down in the booth. I smiled at the compliment and Drake ordered for both of us. Two coffees with crème and sugar, and two blueberry muffins.

We sat in silence but it wasn't uncomfortable. That is one thing that I liked about Drake the most, is that we didn't have to be constantly talking to be comfortable with each other. The silence is just as nice.

The waitress came with our coffee and muffins and winked at me before leaving. My cheeks blushed deep red and I tried to hide myself. "I think the waitress likes you," I tell him. He laughs at me but shakes his head.

"There's something you should know," he tells me. His hand comes across the table to hold mine. "You know how I like to come here so often?" I nod my head, "She's my godmother. My mother and her were really good friends for a long time. I actually didn't know she was my godmother for most of the time I've come here."

"Oh my gosh, really?" I gasp. I've seen that little waitress multiple times but I never knew she had that tie to Drake. I just thought that she had a little inappropriate crush on him.

That's the last time I assume something.

A group of loud teenagers enter the building and the undisturbed silence is no longer existent. I turn in the booth to look at them and I see a familiar face in the crowd. I swear under my breath.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Drake asked me. I quickly stand up and take Drakes hand. He drops some cash on the table to pay for everything before I pull him towards the door. I keep my head low, hoping that he won't see me.

"Well, look who it is," his voice rings through my ears. I stop dead in my tracks and I feel Drakes grip on my hand tighten. "Oh, is this the friend."

"Leave me alone," I spit at him. He smirks and takes a step towards us. "I'm serious Jayce. I made a mistake. I was in a really bad place, and you don't even know my name."

He lets out a low laugh, "Oh but I do, Riley."

I take a step back and suddenly, I am filled with confusion. How does he know my name? I never told him and we don't even go to the same school.

"Stay away man," Drake says, trying to stay civil but with the way his jaw is set, I can tell that he is trying really hard to not punch this guy.

"Nah. Tell me, how you managed to land a hottie like her?" he asked him. Drake let of my hand and took a step forward. "Nice boobs, nice butt. Maybe not a stick but hey, can't have everything can we?" he winked at me.

I blinked away tears and shook my head.

"I'm going to give you three seconds to shut your little mouth before I knock out your annoyingly perfect teeth," Drake seethes through gritted teeth.

"Did she tell you? Did she tell you about how she was crying outside and we basically made out?" he smirked at Drake again. This time, he turned around to look at me.

"Drake, listen to me okay? That was before I ever knew you had feelings for me," I tell him. I take a step forwards to hold his hand but he quickly retaliates from my grip. I take a few steps back, hurt.

"Ah, so he isn't the best friend you slept with?" Jayce interfered again.

My heart was beating in my ears. Blood rushing to every part of my body. Drake knows who I consider my best friend, and I never wanted him to know what happened with Steven.

"Leave. Me. The. Fuck. Alone!" I push on Jayce's chest before pulling Drakes hand out of the shop. He is pissed and it's all my fault.

~-~-~-

Drake didn't see a word the whole way home. He held onto the sterling wheel so tightly that his knuckles where white. I don't know what he was feeling and I wish that he would talk to me. I know that isn't happy with me but I didn't know that Jayce was going to be there.

"I thought we were going to spend the day together?" I asked him as he turned down my road.

"I need some time Riley," he tells me. Once we reach my house, I get out without question and go to my room. Tears falls and I am left to fall apart piece by fucking piece.

,\"to4C�ҧ�/