Different Perspectives

I haven't seen a day this nice in months. The sun was high in the sky and there was a slight breeze, keeping it from getting too hot. I was making my way through a crowed park filled with families. It was surprisingly relaxing.

My phone was filling with pictures as I saw things I thought were beautiful. Whenever I'm feeling stressed or overwhelmed, I always come to this park and just take a bunch of pictures. I don't know why it calms me down, maybe it's because I get to see the world for a different perspective.

The best thing to take pictures of, I feel like, are flowers. There are certain details that you wouldn't see on them if you just glanced at them. I don't feel the need to have a big camera for taking pictures, because honestly, phones almost do as good as cameras do.

I kneel down and snap a pictures of a rock the lays in the middle of the sidewalk when I feel someone tap on my shoulder. I quickly stand up, taken back. I see a sweaty boy standing in front of me with a smirk written on his lips.

"And we meet again," he says, a little out of breath.

"I suppose we do. Are you going to be rude again?" I asked sharply. I honestly am done with fuck boys.

His expression faltered before he recovered, "I feel really bad about that Riley. Look, let me make it up to you, okay? I'll take you out to dinner or something."

"First, let me ask you one thing," I utter. He nods his head quickly, pausing his music on his iPod, "Why were you rude in the first place?"

His face flushes red and he awkwardly rubs the back of his neck.

"Are you sure that is what you want to know?" he questions nervously. I narrow my eyes at him before slowly nodding my head. He lets out a big huff of breath before telling me, "I saw you with that guy and I got jealous, okay?"

I scoff, "So you think that insulting me is going to help your chances?"

He rolls his eyes and swings his arms out before resting them back at his sides, "No! I don't know. He just looked like a douche bag and you don't seem like the kind of girl to go out with a douche."

I couldn't help it anymore and I let the laughter bubble over. No matter how much I want to hate him, a part of me is attracted towards him. He is funny and nice, when he wants to be, and dorky. My type.

"So dinner?" he asks nervously. He was bouncing on the balls of his feet slightly, looking from side to side trying to avoid eye contact.

"Depends would it be a date?" I asked suspiciously. His eyes went wide and he tried to look for a cover up.

How did he manage to go from this cookie, ignorant guy to this shy, nervous wreak?

"Well, no. Or yes. I mean it can be a date if you want it to, but it doesn't have-"

"It's a date," I cut him off. He lets out a relived sigh and his body posture slouched.

"Thank god. I wanted it to be a date, but I didn't know if you wanted it to be and that could have been really awkward and wow," he laughed, "I've never had a girl make me this nervous."

I felt my cheeks become warm and I looked down. He complimented me without even meaning to. There was something about him that intrigued me. I wouldn't say that I liked him just yet, but he is cute and I think there is a possibility.

I deserve a good guy and me he seems like one.

"So tomorrow night at let's say, six?" he questioned. I nodded my head and handed him my phone. He sent me a confused look as if saying 'What do you want me to do with this?'

"Put your number in dummy, so I can like call and text you," I let out a giggle. He started laughing too and put his number in with the contact 'Jayce' with a blue heart next to it. I laughed once more before he ran off again without saying anything more.

Normally I might have been offended but I know what he is doing, and honestly, I'm fine with it.

G&Б->