Falling Rocks

I'm wearing an aqua blue sun dress and a pair of black high top converse. My purse is sitting on my bed with my wallet full of the money that my mom gave me and my sunglasses. I made my way down the stairs and grabbed my keys.

My jeep was sparkling clean, since I had just washed it. It was one of my most prized possession and I planned on keeping it in the best condition possible.

I drove down the familiar road, one that I hadn't been on in a while. Her house still looked exactly the same with the exception of a missing car. I parked on the street and texted her, saying that I was here.

She came rushing out, looking like her normal self in a band shirt and black jeans. For the most part she wore the same thing every day but it suited her well. She never looked bad in it, so why change.

"Hey Ash," I say as she struggles to climb into the lifted jeep. I laugh at her struggle but she finally gains enough momentum to get herself into the front seat. I put the jeep into drive and we make our way to the mall.

"It's been so long since we've done this," she spoke honestly from beside me. I nodded my head with a small smile, remembering the last time we did this. That was the day that we got kicked out of Sports Authority for playing football in the isles.

Since Ashlyn has come back, we've actually gotten along pretty well. She comforted me when Drake decided that we needed to take a 'break' but I know the truth to that. We are done for good, but that still doesn't stop that molecule of hope from bubbling up in my stomach every time we cross paths.

She even threatened to beat him up, but I thought that when I told her what happened, she would go running into his arms. We used to all go to school together a long time ago, and they had a crush on each other for a good three years or so. I don't know where that stands anymore.

I really hope that it is nonexistent.

We pull into the parking lot and find a spot relatively close to the front doors. The food court was first and we couldn't get past it without stopping for a coffee at Starbucks. I got an s'mores Frappuccino while she got a green tea or something.

For some odd reason, she doesn't like coffee. Who doesn't like coffee?

Once we were settled with our coffee, we made our way to the first store we saw, which was Hollister. I personally am not a fan of the store but I know that Ashlyn likes it in here, so I make an exception.

She runs through the racks of jeans then moves on to dresses. I quietly admire the shirts that are far from my style and wait for her to finish.

She finally takes two dresses, a pair of blue skinny jeans with a couple rips in them, and a black shirt to the cashier and we leave. Next store was Victoria Secret. While this wasn't my favorite either, I still like to look around and buy things every once in a while.

Ashlyn and I go separate ways. She goes to look at the matching bra and panty sets while I look at the perfumes. I don't know why but I really like their perfumes here. They are different from other stores.

We checkout and move onto store after store until we have so many bags that we can't carry them anymore.

"Can we go put these in your car? I'm dying," Ashlyn dramatically pretends to pass out. I laugh at her and nod. We made our way outside and I unlock the black vehicle and put my stuff behind the drivers seat while Ashlyn put her stuff behind the passenger seat.

After hanging out in the parking lot for several minutes, we walk back inside and decide to get some lunch. I get a subway while Ashlyn gets lunch from some weird Japanese's shop. We sit down together in the middle of the food court, people watching.

"I hate keeping secrets from you," Ashlyn said out of nowhere. I give her a confused look before laughing and taking another bite of my sandwich.

"Then don't," I tell her with a mouth full of bread. She laughs but pushed her food to the side. A serious expression takes over her face. I put my food down too. "Okay, what's wrong? You're acting like you killed someone."

She laughed and shook her head. "No. It's about um, Drake," she trailed off after his name, biting at her nails.

It feels like a stone dropped though my stomach onto the ground underneath me. His name alone sends a tsunami of memories rushing through my mind. I feel dizzy but I try to act normal.

"What exactly about Drake?" I ask slowly. She sighs and puts her head in her hands. I can tell that this is hard to tell me, but the fact that I can barely say his name without breaking down in to tears, she has to tell me now.

"I think, no, I know I have feelings for him. I know that is messed up and you'll probably hate me for it but you know as well as anyone that you can't help who you like," she quickly said, as if she spoke fast enough I wouldn't hear it.

I couldn't form words. I wanted to yell at her but I also wanted to never talk to her again. My mind fights a battle about what to do.

"You can't like him. He is just going to hurt you," I tell her straight up. She sits up more and listens carefully but I know that no matter how much I tell her, she isn't going to listen to me. She is going to do what she wants to. I'm not naïve enough to think otherwise.

We sat in silence as she absorbed that little information that I just told her, some that she had probably already thought about or heard, but it is the truth. Drake is out to have fun with anyone he can get his hands on and he will stop at nothing to get his target that he has his eyes on.

"I know. But you can't stop me," she said truthfully, which is what I already knew.

"Yeah. I know."