She's Adorable

"Please let me pick you up," Drake whined through the phone. He had been begging me for the past two hours to let him pick me up for school today, but I keep telling him no because I like driving myself.

"No Drake, I'm driving myself," I laugh through the phone. He sighed and I heard rustling in the background.

The line was silent for a while and I took the opportunity to wing my eyeliner in peace.

It has been two days since what happened at the tree and we haven't told many people. I told one of my cousins but I'm sure that he was told me the guys.

"I kind of want to kiss you again," he said out of the blue. That is one thing that he is very good at, surprising me. This surprise, sadly, caused my wings to come out uneven. I groaned and threw the eyeliner pen at my phone.

"Sometimes I really want to hurt you," I told him and I heard him gasp.

"What did I do?" he asked defensively. I laughed at the fact that he actually sounded offended by the fact that I jokingly said that I hate him sometimes.

"My wings are uneven and now I have to start all over. You surprised me and made me mess up," I said in over exaggerated, girly voice. He let out a loud laugh and I joined in with him.

We talked for a bit longer until eventually we came to the compromise that I would pick him up and take him to school, which also means that I have to take him home too. I'm not going to complain though. I like spending time around him.

I grabbed my bag and my keys before making my way out the door towards my jeep. I climbed inside and started it, pulling out of the driveway and heading towards the direction of Drake's house.

When I arrive, I see him playing with some sort of animal outside. The weird thing is that he doesn't have any pets.

I park and get out, walking towards him to see a tiny kitten on the porch, running back and forth as he dragged a tiny string across the ground. I laughed at how he played with the cat, but I couldn't stop staring at him because of how adorable he looked.

"Since when do you have a cat?" I asked curiously, picking up the small grey kitten and cradled it in my arms.

"I don't have one. She just appeared this morning and I figured I would entertain myself while I waited for you to get here. She's adorable, isn't she?" he smiled at her. I had to admit, she was pretty cute but the adorable one right now is him and the way he is looking at her.

We took the kitten inside and Drake grabbed his bag and wallet before we got in the jeep and made our way towards school. We didn't say anything but Drake made sure to rest on my knee the entire way there.

You should have seen the look on the guys faces when they say Drake walk over with my hand in his. Maybe he didn't tell them.

I stopped him right before we actually reached them and turned so that we were facing each other. "Did you not tell them?"

"No?" he said more as a question. "Did you want me to?"

I shook my head and I was going to say more but instead I smile and pulled him hand towards them again. Steven and Blake looked confused and a little hurt but I can't control who I have feelings for and they should know that by now.

"I see that he finally got you," Dan told me. I smiled and wrapped my arm around his waist, trying to be as close to him as possible.

"Did he fuck you yet?" Matt asked. My face started to burn and Drakes grip on me tightened. I know that Matt is an idiot, but that really wasn't called for.

"How long do you think it'll be before he figures out that there are better fucks out there?" Blake joined in this time. It hurt to see him talking about me that way but I know that he is just hurt. That's what I have to keep telling myself.

Before I could say anything else, Drake pulls me off to the side. We go around a corner into a hallways that not many people hang out in.

"He doesn't mean that," Drake told me quickly. I nodded my head but I didn't look him in the eyes. He places his hands on my both sides of my face and forces me to look at him.

His eyes are extra green today and they make him even more beautiful than he already was.

"I hurt him, and I feel horrible," I told him honestly. He nodded his head and rested his forehead against mine. I move my head to nudge our noses against one another. He smiled at the action and put on hand on the small of my back, pulling me into him.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks, just like he did when we were at the tree.

"You can kiss me whenever you want Drake," I told him. He didn't respond with words, but with his lips on mine. He tasted strongly of mint and I wished that I never had to leave.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to that," Drake admits once we pull apart. He crooks his head sideways, like he doesn't understand. "Kissing you. It's like I'm on cloud nine every time. I love it so much."

"I love you," he whispers in my ear.

I laughed at how cheesy he is before pulling him out of the hallways and towards where our next classes are.

From this point out, chapters won't be super long but I'll make sure they are a thousand words at least.