Pillow Cases

I never could get tired of hearing my friends laugh. Especially the laugh where you aren't even making any kind of noise anymore, you're just sitting there clapping your hands or falling over on the floor. The laugh when you have to hold your stomach because it hurts so much from laughing.

That's the kind of laughing that's going on around me right now with everyone I care about. We are still at Drakes but now we are just messing around with each other. Once I gained my sense back and drank some water I felt better. We tried to watch a movie but when we realized that no one else was watching it, we turned it off.

We are just sharing old stories we have with each other and it was comforting for me. All of these guys, they were like my second my family and I couldn't ask for a better one.

"Riley, do you remember when we would get my mom's pillows and pillow cases and slide down the stairs in them?" Steven asked me. Just thinking about it made me burst out in laughter.

"You're mom hated us for that! Do you remember that time I came over and you tried to scare me by jumping around the corner and slipped and fell down the stairs?" I said in between breaths.

Stevens laugh was more of a long and loud giggle. It was cute and funny, every time I hear it, it makes me laugh harder.

Once we all settled down, we sat in silence for what felt like hours but in all reality it was only a couple minutes before I broke the silence.

"Thank you. All of you, even when I'm at my lowest point you're there to try and cheer me back up. I honestly couldn't ask for anyone else I would want to be around. I really think I should get home though," I chuckle slightly while looking at the clock on the opposite side of Drakes room that says its 7:40 PM.

"Or, you all could just sleep over. I mean, we don't have school tomorrow. I don't really want to be here alone," Drake admitted to all of us.

"Ah, is the little bad boy afraid to be alone?" I teased him. I playfully pinched of his cheeks between my thumb and index finger. He grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together. I should pull away from his hand but honestly I don't want to.

I looked over at Blake, his gaze fixed on the floor. He quickly stood up and looked around at all of us.

"Steven, Matt?" he questioned. "We have soccer conditioning tomorrow, remember?"

They both groaned and Matt fell over sideways on the floor.

"I don't want to go!" he whined. "Let's just ditch this one. What's the worst thing that will happen?"

Blake rolled his eyes and walked out waving goodbye. Soon after, Steven and Matt followed after them. That left Reganne and Kayden. We didn't hang out with Reganne or Kayden much but when they heard what happened to me, they came over to see how I was doing.

"Are you guys going to stay?" Drake asked them.

"I would love to, but I have to get home or else my mother will have my head and Kayden is my ride," Reganne explained. I groaned and said my goodbyes.

That left me and Drake alone in his room. We were sitting on his bed and my fingers were still connected to his. He softly rubbed his thumb over my knuckle. "You can stay, you know if you want?" Drake said, more of a question.

I looked up at him and he looked down. I just looked into his eyes, they were beautiful. I've never really taken the time to appreciate the colors that they have in them. Brown, green, even some blue. I couldn't tear my eyes away from them.

Before I knew it, Drake slowly started leaning down. His eyes were shifting from my lips to my eyes, back and forth multiple times. I didn't know what I was doing, but I slowly started leaning upwards too. I don't think I want to kiss him, but then again, maybe I do.

His bedroom door slammed open and we jumped apart.

"Sydney!" he yelled at his sister. She began to scream and cover her eyes.

"Drake! Gosh, put a sign on the door or something. I'm tired of this happening to me!" she yelled before walking out, slamming the door behind her.

I looked down in embarrassment. I know that I'm falling into his trap but he is so captivating. I don't want to be known as a slut but that is what all of his ex's are known as. I'm not the only girl he has been in this position with and his sister just confirmed that for me.

I don't know what she has seen or walked in on, but I don't think that I want to either. I know that Drake isn't a virgin, I've heard him talk about it before. Surely, I'm not either but at the same time I've only ever slept with two guys. I've heard of at least four girls he's had sex with.

"Um, I think I'm going to go," I said standing up. That was a mistake because I get light headed and have to hold onto his black dresser for support. Drake quickly jumps off the bed and rushes to my side, holding onto my waist for extra support.

"Okay, let me drive you though. I can't let you drive and you can't walk like this," he chuckled. "People will think that you are drunk."

I sighed and nodded. Drake grabbed his keys that sat next to me and used one arm to support me as we started our way to his garage. I sat in the passenger seat while he ran over to the driver seat.

When he first sits down, he doesn't put the key in the ignition for a while. For a moment, I thought he was going to talk about what just happened. His mouth was ajar like he might but after a couple moments he closed and it and put the key in the ignition. After he put it in reverse and began backing out of the drive way.

The ride was completely silent. Not even the radio was playing. I would turn it on but I was scared that maybe that would make it even more awkward which honestly I don't know if that possible at this moment in time.

After what felt like hours we finally pull up in front of my house. I mumble a thanks and begin to get out when I feel Drake put his hand on my thigh. A little high if I might say.

"Look, what Syd said, it wasn't true. I've only had one girl over at my house and we were in a very serious relationship." I could tell by his eyes that he was telling the truth. He was begging me.

"Lexie?" I questioned. He looked down at his hand on my lap and nodded his head slowly. His thumb was moving in circles on the side of my leg.

"Okay, goodnight now," I said to Drake as I get out and close his door. I wave goodbye and walk towards my door.

No matter how much I want to hate that kid, he does this thing to me. It's like no matter how hard I try to stay away from him, I can't it's almost like I'm gravitating towards him. I can't hold myself back but I always can't just give myself to him. He is bad for me. I have to protect my heart. I've had it broken too much.

Sorry it took a couple days to update. School is getting busy. I really liked this chapter because it reminded me of my friends. Thanks for reading.