Chapter 6

Jackie's POV

Exiting the bathroom wearing dark faded skinny jeans and a fitted black tee, I find Sam sitting at the table with his laptop, drinking coffee, while Dean still sits on his bed. Upon seeing me exit the bathroom, he stands up and grabs a bundle of clothes.

As he passes me on his way to the bathroom, I once again make eye contact.

He wants to know whats up with me.

Well, sorry Dean, I'm not the chick flick moment type.

He closes the bathroom door behind him and moments later I hear the shower start. I throw my bag down onto the couch and notice the absence of a certain angel.

"Where'd Castiel go?"

Sam looks up from whatever he was working on and places his cup of coffee onto the table. "He said he had business to take care of upstairs. He also says he apologies for 'disturbing your peace.'" Sam puts air quotes around 'disturbing your peace' and we both laugh.

"I guess I won't be able to apologize for shoving a gun in his face then."

Sam laughs and smiles. "Don't worry about that. Cas doesn't hold grudges. Besides, a bullet is hardly enough to hurt an angel."

I roll my eyes. "Are all angels like that? Awkward, I mean?"

"Yeah," Sam laughs, "Cas isn't bad though. He knows what its like to be a human. There are angels, on the other hand, that are hopelessly stuck on their journey to do 'God's good.' It's probably best to stay out of their way."

I begin to make myself a cup of coffee and once I have my heaven in a cup, join Sam at the table. Dean comes out of the bathroom and joins us moments later. Sam begins to formulate a plan, and within twenty minutes, we know where we are heading.

"I gotta get my arrows ready, I'm going to run out to the car. Anyone need anything?"

"I have to grab a few bags, too. I'll go with," Dean says. He grabs the impalas keys out of his pocket and opens the motel room door for me. I walk outside and Dean closes it behind us. The cool morning air greets us, and I know fall is well on its way.

Walking towards the impala, Dean asks, "So how long as it been since you've been hunting?"

"It's probably been a good month since I've had an actual case. I'm not really into hunting alone. With my dad out of the job for a while now, I've been stuck just shooting at home." We reach the car and Dean unlocks the trunk using the keys. "Not that I mind, though." I send him a small smile at that.

Reaching in, I grab the straps of my large duffle bag that sits among an assort of hunting weapons. I swing it up onto my right shoulder, and wait as Dean grabs his bags.

"Well, isn't this one hell of a case to get back into the game on," Dean jokes.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, sure."

We both head back into the motel room and start bringing out an assortment of weapons. Dean sticks to silver knives and machetes, along other weapons I've never used before, while I stick to laying out several arrows on the table.

Meanwhile, Sam begins working on fire torches we are going to use to kill the Wendigo. Once being injured by my silver tipped arrow, Sam and Dean are going to torch the monsters. Its the only effective way to truely kill so many wendigos for there only being the three of us.

I take out the small black box that holds all of my arrowheads and place it on the table. Undoing the latch, a display of silver and other metals in a variety of shapes enters my eyesight.