Chapter 26

Jackie's POV

Rays of bright light streak out across my sightline as my eyes crack open slowly.

I try to move my head but it only hopelessly falls to the left, leaving my cheek resting on dirt.

A feeling of emptiness sits in the pit of my stomach. I slowly begin to remember everything, and as I finally do remember every little detail, I let out a groan. Pain slowly begins to ebb back into existence.

My eyes continue to try and focus on something but my vision stays blurred. Switching between focusing on something a few feet away and something right under my nose on the ground, the feeling of nausea washes over me.

I bring both of my hands up to my face and drag them down my cheeks, hoping to wake myself up. I lay there for a few moments, but the absolute silence surrounding me is interrupted by the abrupt lurching of my heart.

Bobby.

Dean and Sam.

I sit up immediately and completely ignore the ache of my whole body, my burning neck and the still present pain of my rib cage given to me in a useless attempt of an angel to protect me. It was an absolute failure.

My squinted eyes scan the empty lot for Cas, but he is no where to be seen. I have no idea what Azrael did to him, if he's even alive or if he'll be coming back.

I feel an emptiness inside of me, and as I glance around, it only grows.

I'm completely alone. Sam's not where Azrael's left him, Bobby and Dean both disappeared from where they hit the ground. I'm the only one here.

My breath catches in my throat. "Bobby?" I croak out. "Dean, Sam, where are you guys?"

I stand up using the car behind me to pull myself up. Wiping the dirt on my hands off on my jeans, I take a few steps away, spinning in a circle in search of anyone.

"Bobby!" I call out a bit louder. Inside my chest, my heart beats rapidly as if I just ran a marathon.

I spin around at the rattle of what sounds like metal behind me. But, instead of finding the man I'd called for, I find Zeke.

A sigh of relief escapes me even though he wasn't exactly who I was looking for. I let a grateful smile break out across my face knowing he's okay. "Zeke. Come here, boy."

I start walking towards him but immediately stop at the baring of his teeth. He growls deeply, then let's out a hoarse bark.

I look behind me in search of what he could possibly be on edge for, only to have to turn back towards him confused. There's nobody here but he and myself.

"Zeke, down. Nach unten," I command.

With one last violent growl, his teeth continue to bare and he charges at me. In one simple bound, he reaches me. I throw my arms out in front of me uselessly, and scream out his name, confused and anxious as to what the hell was going on. Zeke has never done anything like this. He's never even barked at me before.

"Zeke!"

His front claws fly up and his white, sharp teeth grasp onto my forearm. He drags me down onto the ground, the back of my head smacking the dirt.

I roll onto my back ready to fend off the dog who had been my partner in crime for years, but he's nowhere to be seen. Not even the pain from Zeke's grip on my arm is present, nor is any blood or a bite mark.

In seconds, I've stood back up and backed myself up against the garage door. I cover my mouth with one hand in attempt to cover my cries while the other braces against the door. "Oh my god," I let out, almost in a whimper.

"Jackie?"

Two figures come around the corner of the garage.

"Dean, Sam. Where have you been? Where's Bobby?" I take a few small steps towards them, confused but grateful to see two familiar faces. I could trust them.

"He's fine. I need to give you something." At his words, I stop.

What the hell, Dean.

"Dean, not now," I say hesitantly. Whatever he wants to give me can wait. "Where's Bobby?" 

"I'm afraid it can't wait," Sam adds.

When two hands wrap around my upper arms, I realize something is wrong. And when I realize those hands are Bobby's, that's when my heart shatters into a million pieces.

"Bobby?" I ask as I twist in his grip. "Bobby, what are you doing? This isn't the time to be playing games, come on." My voice pathetically begins to rise as fear settles in, and I hate it. Just the sound of my own voice scares me even more.

"Jackie, it's okay. We just want to tell you something," Bobby assures me.

In front of me, Dean reaches around his back and pulls a long, expensive looking sword out from behind him. It looks old, and I wonder where in the world he could have gotten it. 

"Soon you'll understand everything," Dean tells me innocently, and Sam sends me an agreeing smile. If the incident with Zeke only moments ago hadn't happened, I would have laughed this one off and told the boys to stop acting like complete idiots. But it did, and I didn't know what to think.

Behind me, Bobby says a single word. The word rings out, and soon, Sam and Dean join in on saying it. They say it together repeatedly, again and again and again.

The word itself sounds like gibberish- it had to be another language, maybe Greek or Arabic. But together, it was as if they were performing an ancient ritual.

Their voices raise one last time in a collective yell, and with one shove, I'm thrown from Bobby's grasp. In the same second, Dean thrusts the sword forward.

I don't have time scream. I don't have time to react, to throw my arms out or move out of the way. The only thing I do have control over is the gasp of air I take in as metal hits the skin of my stomach, running clear through.

Dean's hand sits firmly on the handle that hits my stomach.

"Dean?" I taste blood.

Tears of pain runs down my cheek. Dean locks his eyes with mine and with one last whisper, I fall to the ground on my knees.

"It's destined."