Chapter 9

Jackie's POV

Pretty soon, night turns into day once again and we find ourselves entering South Dakota. Driving though the mountain ranges, I don't really mind the travelling that comes with being a hunter. I couldn't even see myself settling down anyways- the one month off of the job with my dad was long enough.

Finally we reach Sioux Falls, and I feel myself getting excited to be able to see Bobby again. I used to see him all the time when I was younger, sometimes staying with him for a week or so while my father would go hunting, but the last time I saw him was when I was eighteen.

"You haven't seen Bobby in a long time, have you?" Sam asks.

"No, it's probably been, what, seven years?"

"Well, Bobby seemed to miss you," Dean says. "Wouldn't shut up about you before we left to pick you up."

I laugh. "You know Bobby's the one who gave me my obsession with archery. I found one of his crossbows when I was staying with him while my dad was off hunting. After almost impaling him with an arrow when I was eleven I'd say he wanted me to learn how to properly shoot."

"Sounds like Bobby," Sam adds jokingly.

The impala rocks side to side as Dean drives into a long gravel drive that I haven't seen in far too many years. For some reason, the run down scrap yard seems more of a home than any place ever had, so as the small, two story house comes into view, I can't help the smile that breaks out across my face.

Dean parks the impala and we all get out. I look around noticing all of the familiar things I missed, including the sound of the screen door as it opens up.

Turning back towards the house, I see the man that has taught me everything my father didn't. He makes his way down the porch, and closing the car door, I walk towards him, tackling him in a hug that he returns just as tightly once I reach him.

"Hey kiddo."

I let out a relieved and exasperated laugh. "Hey."

He lets go of me, holding my shoulders at arms length away. "Well damn, Jackie, haven't you gotten along since the last time I saw you. But I'm still taller than you, that's what counts."

I knock one of his arms off my shoulders jokingly. "Figured why not. Its been five years Bobby, not five days."

He keeps one arm around my shoulders as we make our way back over to the impala where the boys wait. "These idjits didn't bother you too much, did they?"

I make eye contact with both the brothers and let out a laugh at the faces they make. "Not too much. But Bobby, you do need to do something about this prank war or whatever they have going on between them. They threatened to pull me into it, and I'd just... rather not."

"Are you boys still on that? I told you to quit that and grow up."

"Bobby, if I remember correctly, you said no messing around in the house," Dean points out, motioning to Bobby's house. "And we haven't been in the house." Dean stands there with that stupid smirk, and Bobby goes up to him and gives him a whack on the arm.

"Aren't you too funny. Now come on, get everything in the house before it gets dark out and you guys crash. Nothin' will get done then."

We all grab our bags from the trunk and make our way into the house. Even more memories flood my mind as I walk through the threshold. I can't believe I'm back.

Sam walks up behind me and I see him smiling at me as he comes into view. "Missed it?"

"Yeah."

Later that night, I find myself walking aimlessly throughout the house while sipping on a beer. I walk through the study and the dining room, though the bedrooms upstairs, running my hands over books and shelves, anything really, just enjoying the numerous memories that slowly flood back. Finally I reach the kitchen, where I find Dean sitting at the table, also drinking a beer.

REVOKE ▸ d. winchester [1] ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें