Chapter 35

Jackie's POV

"After the numerous deadly animal attacks in the wildlife preserve and surrounding areas, local authorities have advised the community of Park Ridge to keep clear of the area, and if possible, stay inside. The preserve is as of now closed as rehabilitators and other professionals search the area for the unknown predators. However what exactly they are searching for is a mystery itself. Jim Sanders reports-"

"That's the sixth one I've heard today," I state blankly. "And I've only been up for, like, two hours."

Sam messes with the dial on the old radio, searching for a more interesting station. One that will hopefully give us more than just an insight on the endless reports of 'mysterious animal attacks' across the nation. Several days have passed, now, and it seems as if each hour was being spent listening to the same stories over and over.

"Azrael sure has our work cut out for us." Bobby comes into the room, finally taking a break from answering the almost nonstop calls and voice mails from hunters. "I've got guys that I haven't talked to in years calling in, talking of the most ridiculous monsters they've had to kill. For gods sake, what are you supposed to do with a mix between a Kitsune and a werewolf or a werewolf and a vampire?"

"Hah, werepires," I laugh, just as Dean says, "I told you werepires exist."

From my awkward yet comfortable position on the couch, which consists of my legs dangling over the back and my head on an arm rest, I give Dean a smirk.

Sam glares at Dean. "Dean, this is serious."

"I know. But just say it with me- a werepire."

"No."

"What? I know you want to, come on."

"I'm not saying that."

"You're just-"

"If we could just get back to the main point of all this," Bobby interferes as I listen intently to the boys' bickering. Sam and Dean glare once more at each other but then turn their attention back to Bobby, who stands arms crossed, leaning on his desk.

"I've got hunters anywhere and everywhere, but it's all going to be a pathetic waste of time if we can't figure out why Azrael is making these hybrids. Or how he's even doing it."

"He said he was trying to create some hybrid, the 'ultimate half-breed' or something," Dean begins. "Whatever he called it, he's going against the angel's pact with other supernatural creatures. That's why the angels don't want him to fulfill this prophecy."

"It's called a Chimera. Or at least that's what Azrael called it in the security footage," Sam adds. "And yeah, the angels have some supernatural balance to uphold. Whatever Azrael doing and however he's doing it, he's completely destroying it."

"There's gotta be more to all of this than just creating a Chimera," Bobby points out. "I mean, its a prophecy. Of course there's going to be a greater meaning."

"And what does Jackie have to do with all of this?" Dean asks.

The four of us momentarily sit in silence, thinking, until I decide bring up a tad bit of information I haven't yet told any of them. I bring my legs down from the couch and sit up. "That night, when I took my midnight stroll, Azrael was here. Well he wasn't here, he was in my head."