Chapter 28

Jackie's POV

My dad never really taught me the art of fighting with a sword. He was more of a gun and bullet type of guy, and he passed that down to me.

Sword fighting just isn't a very common thing in our line of work. Sure, I've heard of hunters who have had to get rid of vengeful spirits by using a blessed sword, but personally, I've never even bothered learning.

I doubt it could be that hard. Its just a long knife, isn't it?

But the reality of a sword running through my abdomen, over and over again, its like nothing I've ever experienced before.

And the same green eyes burning in the sun light at every single moment, along with the echoes of the same three voices saying in unison a single phrase that seems incomprehensible to me.

'εκλεκτός'

It all feels so real.

And so now a sword is so much more than a long knife to me. The clash of metal as it is drawn from its sheath will always ring in my ears. And the rush of air as it flies towards me will haunt me forever, either wide awake or dreaming.

And so it plays on and on, repeating over and over for some unknown reason. I urge my eyes to open, so much my head aches.

I watch for what had to be close to the tenth time as the metal sword was unsheathed and thrusted toward me.

Except this time, it pauses barely an inch from my skin. Everything else pauses along with it- except the whispers, they continue.

'εκλεκτός'

Its the same word still. Same as the first time, same as the second and third and fourth-

Its driving me insane.

So I scream.

I shoot up out of my bed. My legs now dangle offthe side of the mattress, all tangled up in the fabric of the sheets. My back thumps against the wall, and I let my head lean back as well, resting there, attempting to catch my breath.

I barely have time to close my eyes as I see, under the crack of the door, a light flicker on in the hallway. A second later, the door flies open and I cover my eyes with my hands.

"Jackie! Are you okay?" Sam's voice makes its way across the room to where I sit wide awake.

I don't respond, since truly, I don't have an answer for him. Instead, I let my body fall to the side, my back still against the wall and my legs all tangled up with the blankets, but now laying down on my pillows. In the dark, I hear another pair of footsteps make its way into the room.

"I've got it, go back to sleep." I hear a few whispers exchanged between the two brothers, to which I pay no attention.

Feet shuffle across the floor and soon the two silhouettes turns into a single one. The door closes behind Sam, and a moment later, the light flickers off underneath the door.

The bed shifts as Dean lays down next to me. He sets his head down on the pillow next to mine and closes his eyes, letting out a heavy sigh.

A moment later, he turns his head and looks at me. I can just barely see his eyes from the scarce moonlight coming in through the window. I'm sure he can clearly see my own eyes in the light, all of the fear and anxiety in them, too.

Despite this, though, he sends me a small smile. "This going to be a regular thing?"

I can't help but force my own smile for him.