Chapter 10

Jackie's POV:

The next morning, I find myself covered with a blanket, still lying on the bed that I used to sleep in quite often.

Getting dressed in simple leggings and a dark gray tank, I pull a blue and white flannel over my shoulders as I make my way downstairs to make myself coffee.

I seem to be the first one up. I heard Sam still sleeping in the bedroom next to mine as I walked by it, and as I pass through the living room, Dean is passed out, sprawled across the couch. He once again has his face shoved into the pillow.

I guess that's his most comfortable position. I won't judge, so long as he's not suffocating himself.

I let him be since its only seven and he deserves a long sleep. After all he just drove seventeen hours yesterday.

I don't see Bobby anywhere, so he is either outside or still sleeping. Probably outside.

I make a pot of coffee and pour myself a cup. I find myself heading to the front porch, sitting on the swing that I used to sit on every day.

Pretty soon, the chill to the morning air is gone and replaced with a cool breeze that promises the coming of fall. I find myself sitting on the porch for almost two hours, just thinking, until I'm joined by Bobby, who had just come from one of his storage sheds out in his scrap yard.

"Mornin'," he greets me. He sits down in he spot next to me on the swing. "You should call your dad. Let him know you're doin' okay and that you'll be home soon."

"Yeah. I should." Truth is, I'm not sure I want to leave Bobby's. I have no idea when I'll see him again when I do leave, and I didn't enjoy those seven years without him. He was the second parent that I never had for so many years.

Don't get me wrong, I love my dad, I can't even imagine living without him. But remembering all of those years I depended on Bobby while living with him, and then being able to also spend time with my dad, that's the life I miss. Whatever happened seven years ago that made my dad lose his trust in Bobby and sent us down another path, that was the second real turning point in my life, next to my mother dying.

I let out a huff of air. "I'll go do that now."

I head inside and go to grab my phone out of my backpack in the living room. Dean still lays in the exact same position as he was almost two hours ago, except now his arm had fallen off the couch and hangs loosely over the edge. I just roll my eyes and go in search of my phone deep inside my backpack. Once I find it, I automatically call the first contact on my contact list.

I go into the kitchen so I wouldn't wake Dean. On the fourth ring, I hear the phone be picked up, followed by a worried voice. "Jackie? Are you okay?"

My heart jumps at the sound of his voice.

"Hey, dad. Yeah I'm fine don't worry. We finished the case a couple days ago."

"Alright. Good. So where are you now?" He asks, getting straight to the point. "Still with those Winchesters?"

I pause. Would he be mad that I'm at Bobby's? I mean he let me go hunting upon Bobby's request, it has to be okay. "Yeah, I'm still with them. We left North Carolina a couple days ago, we're actually at Bobby's right now. We got here last night."

I remain standing in the middle of the kitchen, the hand not holding my phone to my ear resting on my head. I feel extremely anxious at what his response will be; last time the name Bobby was brought up to him, he basically banned me from saying the name.

"Bobby's? You're at Bobby's." He says the second part as more of a statement, so I sort of just reply with a mumbled "yeah."

"Well, when do you plan on leaving?" I have a hard time deciding if he's angry or not, so I try to lighten up the conversation, hoping to convince him that I'm really okay.